PDA

View Full Version : AC4 for PC is a steaming pile of.... poor performance

xxxllleeet
01-29-2014, 01:40 AM
NVIDIA vid card gamers may have been spared, but others are getting HORRIBLE PERFORMANCE.

I see so many strategies for the 'magic setup' to get our piece of junk AC4 PC to actually WORK at all....

Yet I can rent a copy right now from my local Hastings. Throw AC4 into my dusty old Xbox 360(not joking this thing is like 7 years old, and I rarely used it for anything) and guess what??

IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM!!!

Ubisoft = fail at PC games. Period.
The game itself; best pirate game since Sid's "Pirates!"

Solution;

1. get out your old console.... yah im sure you can ebay a used x-360 for LESS THAN THE PRICE OF A VID CARD BY FAR~!!!

2. RENT the console version AC4.

3. see that all I have said is true. IF you see that I have given truth to the matter... at least give a +1 so others may come and see! LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN!

4. file your complaints with the BBB; because these Ubisoft people are not only false selling their product; but the means by which of refunding a FAIL like this... is not even remotely possible. In any other market that is a SCAM!!!

5. never buy ubisoft product for PC again. IF they said they made anything for PC, guess what? They lied! Just the performance factor of console vs PC proves it.

Fatal-Feit
01-29-2014, 03:48 AM
I know exactly how you feel! AC:IV works perfectly on my Xbox, PS4--every *BEEP* other consoles out there! EVEN. THE. WII U. And yet it works like dog*BEEP* on PC. It looks GOOD, I give them that, but it still performs like crap. My titan is having huge difficulties keep a stable FPS that doesn't drop below 30 every now and then.

TITAN + -30 FPS = Broken. Nuff said.

All you Ubisoft workers out there. We love you, and we love the game you push out, but please start considering your PC fanbase! There are more LEGITIMATE buyers than those who pirates!!! If you keep dishing out crappy ports, then people will keep having more excuses to pirate your games.

Externall89
01-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Seems to be more a problem on your side then just saying this gamepc is crap , i'm getting a stable 80 fps on nvidia geforce exp recommended setting with my gtx 680 ( so nearly everything is on highest setting ).
I'm not saying i didn't had any problems but after alot of searching and manual updating/editing files etc... My game works like it should .
I know we shouldn't be able to do the manual editing etc and that UBISOFT just didn't spend enough time for optimizing the game for pc as they should have , so i get your frustration , but if you look good there's a fix for everything .Look on different forums (not only UBISOFT).

Nitrotoluene
01-29-2014, 09:38 AM
I can't say anything about Xbox because I never owned one, but AC4 looks and plays great on my aging PC with its old GTX-580 graphics card, and I didn't need to tweak (twerk?) anything.

So you might be right about NVidia systems being favoured - a shame for all those using other cards and a bit of a loss for Ubisoft. I'm amazed they would not make it work well on all major brands of vid card.

Wrath2Zero
01-29-2014, 10:06 AM
There is a simple quick solution to get a better experience in my thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/827675-Enabling-Triple-Buffer-For-V-Sync-Goodness to get rid of the horrible 30fps lock and have a nice, smooth triple buffered experience. The lag comes from the poor CPU threading I think.

Black_Widow9
01-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Hello,
If you have feedback please post it constructively in the appropriate thread or create a detailed Ticket with Support.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803787
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

There are quite a few knowledgeable members here so I'm sure if you'd like to post your specs and let them know the actual problem you're having they could help you.

Thanks