PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Anthology PC - do I understand correctly?

Fingonek1
01-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Hi to all,

I am new to Assassin's Creed series - it has caught my attention some time ago, but now I got the chance and bought the whole collection up to and including the third game. I hope the 70 Euro will prove to be money good spent.

So here I am, having steelbook with six DVDs and some cards with codes. Now if you could prove me wrong, I would be really happy. Because:

1) I can't activate the first game on Uplay, because it doesn't have the CD-Key.

2) I can activate only the first line from each card on the Uplay.

3) I can activate the second line from each card in the installed game only. There is no activation of the content on Uplay (it says key invalid or You already own this game)

4) I can activate the DLCs from the third line only at Ubishop, using my real postal adress.

5) I have to download all the DLCs from there within thirty days and save them externally, because Ubisoft won't provide them for me again, even when I have the game registered on Uplay.

So my question is, am I wrong in any of these points?

I hope I was able to present my thoughts in coherent, polite and non-agressive way:-) .

Mr_Shade
01-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Hi,
Welcome to the forums.

For code queries and issues, support should be your point of contact, the forums are not able to provide direct support for issues.

Product codes for individual games - should all be included, if required - so it's possible you may have some missing [you should contact the retailer and get an exchange - or - contact ubisoft support]

In game Unlockable Content codes - are redeemed in the games own menu, not on Uplay - you would normally have an 'extras' or 'additional content' menu - where you can use the codes - if you try and reuse / activate on Uplay, you would get the error code.

Main game DLC [or large content]- may require an active UPlay account to download, and should say on the card the requirements.

It's advised that you keep a local backup of content downloaded, however some items can be re-downloaded from Uplay, but as always, it's advised to keep a local copy for speed of install - however support should be able to verify what is and isn't available.

I would speak to support, if you have any code issues, since they are the best people to talk to and will be able to explain - please make sure to provide both proof of purchase and photos of the codes, so they can check the content and redemption methods for all.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

Fingonek1
01-31-2014, 01:28 PM
Thanks for your answer, I think you've eased my mind at least a bit.

My post was mostly powered by slight disillusion I had after I've discovered, that the things aren't the way I would expect, that's all:-)

The registration key for AC1 PC isn't simply missing - according to the comments over web, the game was released without one and even before the introduction of Uplay. I tend to see the Uplay and the like (S****. O*****) mostly as download managers and not as DRM, simply as a way how to share my games with more computers where I (can) play without carrying all the physical discs with me. And since I HAVE to have Uplay installed anyway as a way of copy-protection for all the other games in the series, it's a bit sad I can't have there the first game as well (without actually buying it again through the Uplay/Ubistore).

The other "problem" is the fact, that the DLCs aren't built in the game itself, but one has to manually register them one by one for every game and on two (three, when I count the game registration as well) different places. The way I see it, when I buy the complete set (anthology), I expect it to be already bound together and the registration itself will go without much effort. On the other hand, I guess this solution would cause uproar from the people who prefer it the other way around... anyway, that's just musing.

So far (even before writing the first topic) I've been able to register all the AC games except the first one (since the first one can't be registered), successfuly activated the DLC for the second game and also "bought" the season pass and the like.

Please know that the games themselves are simply AWESOME and I just wish to have more time to play them:-)

Mr_Shade
01-31-2014, 01:35 PM
FYI - Uplay is not really DRM - it is used to activate the product, so is used for checking your product key though, as well as automatically updating games and providing DLC as well as other new games, so it is a needed item of software for this.

Uplay also allows you to play on multiple PC's - normally product keys are 'one use' - so if you use it again on a different PC, it will be locked out - or where you have 'activation limits' where you can use them again, though these are limited as well.

Uplay allows you to install on multiple PC's [as many as you like] as long as you log in with the same account, you are free to use as many times as you like.

If you activate the games in the Uplay software, you have the option to download the games - which will also unlock the feature for future installs - much like the other managers you mention.

If you install via disc, you will need to use the discs in the future for installs though.