PDA

View Full Version : Ideas/opinions for assassins creed to improve

UKassassinsfan
01-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Okay so I haven't been on here in a while and i haven't been that interested in playing AC since I completed black flag. I know some people quite like the direction the franchise is taking but I personally find it so annoying. This is the first AC where I haven't really wanted to know what happens next! Like I wanted so much from the story especially! I really don't care about the missing vials or any of that and I most certainly don't care about this 1st person "me". The game was quality and I did enjoy it a lot.

I don't want to make this a hate thread I just want some good opinions and all that!

I personally think that one way the game could take a turn for the better is to stop these annual releases and take a leaf from GTA's book. I would personally love an AC on a game that takes longer than a few days to get 100% on. It would be so good to see an AC game where there lots is explained and it takes time to tell an amazing story, one that isn't rushed in the later stages etc.

I only think the game should give choices to up or lower the difficulty. The games really haven't changed much challenge wise for years now and for seasoned fans they are becoming too easy IMO, like I didn't struggle on 4 at all, I know some people did but this is why difficulty settings would be a choice move for people who struggle or want a challenge.

As much as I loved the naval aspect of the past two games I think it needs a rest, or else the story is going to have to make an excuse to show how every ancestor was some ninja sailor as well as fitting in new aspects too.

I think the franchise should change the modern direction although I understand why this would be hard. General consensus seems to be that the modern stuff is probably the worst. I loved the hacking but I quite liked the sneaky Templar vs assassin stuff before. Like in AC the modern stuff was fairly exciting and you were stuck in 2 rooms the whole time.

I could probably think of more but I'll probably comment later. I'd love to hear what you all think? Maybe you agree or disagree? Or have a different idea entirely? Would be good!

killzab
01-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Bring Patrice back...

SixKeys
01-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Bring Patrice back...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d5da0e81ae4716b9013a1606bfdd3355/tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 06:49 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d5da0e81ae4716b9013a1606bfdd3355/tumblr_mxh4i2zyUn1qdsm1jo1_500.gif

LOL

As long as we get more Ashrafs and never another Amancio, I'm all good.

killzab
01-27-2014, 07:06 PM
LOL

As long as we get more Ashrafs and never another Amancio, I'm all good.

If we could get less Darby too ...

UKassassinsfan
01-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Less Darby would be fine by me

BandicootBeav
01-27-2014, 07:37 PM
No more annual releases would be better, much as I love the series this is only gonna hurt the franchise. It will get stale soon just like cod has. Used to love the series up until mw3, now I wont touch it with a 50 foot pole. And I really don't want that to happen to AC as it is my favourite series.

UKassassinsfan
01-27-2014, 07:49 PM
No more annual releases would be better, much as I love the series this is only gonna hurt the franchise. It will get stale soon just like cod has. Used to love the series up until mw3, now I wont touch it with a 50 foot pole. And I really don't want that to happen to AC as it is my favourite series.
I totally agree with you, this is my favourite game series too, but I feel let down by recent installments

spaceballs9988
01-27-2014, 09:11 PM
the combat is really bad in ac black flag even if my sword is drawn on a ship i have to press the square butten about 4 to 5 times just to start to attack the counter/break defense system needs to be improved also honestly if the response time in the combat system is not improved i wont pick up the next AC game for the ps4

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 09:23 PM
The only thing I REALLY want back is tombs. We got such a small taste of what could have been in AC3 (Cerros) and Black Flag (Tulum).

UKassassinsfan
01-27-2014, 09:28 PM
I too missed the tombs but it is hard to keep incorporating the same features whilst keeping the game fresh! No one yet to mention any of the suggested improvements, i think they are good ideas

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 09:32 PM
If we could get less Darby too ...

Dude, what? I think Darby is easily the best of the AC writers. Corey was in charge of AC3, remember how well that turned out? And don't get me started on Jeffrey and Brotherhood...

People just don't like Darby because Edward didn't officially get his Assassin seal of approval until the end...

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Less Darby would be fine by me
Wut. Not only is Darby a fantastic writer, but he is very involved with/attentive to the community.

Anyway, my ranking of AC stories and the best thing about them.

1. AC1 - Villains
2. AC3 - Connor/Haytham
3. ACR (Darby) - Finally made Ezio interesting, super-satisfying end to two characters
4. AC4 (Darby) - Side characters and interesting journey
5. AC2 - Conspiracies, Ezio's resolve
6. ACB - Um...some cool stuff happens.
7. ACL - Having a really hard time getting into it.

UKassassinsfan
01-27-2014, 09:42 PM
No I don't like Darby because I just think he isn't all that great, the modern stuff sucks, I like some Easter eggs but they hardly satisfied! Revelations was pretty shoddy, I like ezio and Altair and their send off was good but the rest of the game had a terrible story! AC4 had a bad story in my opinion, but it's just an opinion

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Wut. Not only is Darby a fantastic writer, but he is very involved with/attentive to the community.

Anyway, my ranking of AC stories and the best thing about them.

1. AC1 - Villains
2. AC3 - Connor/Haytham
3. ACR (Darby) - Finally made Ezio interesting, super-satisfying end to two characters
4. AC4 (Darby) - Side characters and interesting journey
5. AC2 - Conspiracies, Ezio's resolve
6. ACB - Um...some cool stuff happens.
7. ACL - Having a really hard time getting into it.

Ohhhh man! I can't agree enough with everything you've said. Here's a cookie-- Don't worry, I wash my hands. ;)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2j5gv4j.png

A step in the right direction for the series would be to keep Darby.

killzab
01-27-2014, 09:50 PM
It's just my opinion, though it's less about the actual story he writes but more the way he sees the franchise and the direction it should go that i disagree with.

UKassassinsfan
01-27-2014, 09:53 PM
It's just my opinion, though it's less about the actual story he writes but more the way he sees the franchise and the direction it should go that i disagree with.

This is true

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Would you mind elaborating?

Ohhhh man! I can't agree enough with everything you've said. Here's a cookie-- Don't worry, I wash my hands. ;)

*Nom* :o

UKassassinsfan
01-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Would you guys all agree that the game is really easy though?

Fatal-Feit
01-27-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm okay with the difficulty. AC:3 and AC:IV are the most balance ones, IMO. The enemies just needs to do more damage in AC:IV. Like one hit eliminates an entire bar, not make it blink. And your health shouldn't increase during battle in AC:3. Those are my only complaints.

And AC:2, AC:3, and AC:B--Especially AC:B, aren't exactly the best direction for the franchise either, you know.

BATISTABUS
01-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Would you guys all agree that the game is really easy though?
I think that every Assassin's Creed game is too easy. AC4 at least made stealth really fun, and although I hope it isn't here to stay, I did enjoy the naval.

killzab
01-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Would you mind elaborating?

I already have times and times again. I even argued directly with Darby on Initiates.

acbrother17
01-27-2014, 11:01 PM
I think right now they should make the combat harder. I have play all the AC games on console except for ACL HD and the DLCS (i want to play the dlcs but im a cheap MoFo). so the way i think they can make the combat difficult is basically have mixture of all. make the combat be like AC3 but with the counter time just like AC4, and have no blinking indicator, but still have the red mark on top of enemies head, like what AC2 and AC1 had. and finally, the weak enemies or certain enemies with full health cannot be instant killed by a counter kill (with primary or secondary weapon), they must be weaken 1st (i think ac2 had this). and make the toughest enemies be a mixture of templar crusaders from AC1, janissaries from ACR and jagers from AC3. oh and make the enemy count in a battle be like AC3. this is wat i think AC4 didnt have that made the combat not fun, it had less enemies fighting edward compared to AC3.