PDA

View Full Version : How Many People Involved In Making AC4?

DynaRider
01-27-2014, 05:28 PM
I completed a game yesterday and was watching the credits scrolling by and while I didn't time them I'm guessing close to half an hour went by. I wondered how many people were on the UBI payroll in the making of AC4. Judging from the length of the credits and people from several different countries the payroll expense must have been enormous! Wonder what the actual cost is in producing a game like AC4 from start to finish. Must have been several thousand computers running and it must also have been a big expense just for the programs to build the games and get them into production. Any UBI employees here who can shed some light on the cost of producing AC4?

LoyalACFan
01-27-2014, 05:41 PM
Thousands. Beyond the obvious creative staff, programmers, etc. that immediately comes to mind when you think game design, you have to think about all of the foreign-language staff responsible for translation and release outside NA, the sound mixing people, playtesters, and a lot of others that are commonly overlooked. Though I think a lot of the people in the credits are more on the business end of things and not necessarily directly involved with building the actual game itself.

IWGCJoeCool
01-28-2014, 03:03 AM
i'm always staggered by the length of the credit roll, it's on par with any big special FX driven Hollywood blockbuster, even though that is padded with drivers, food service, insurers and personal assistant/hairdressers.

big job to get these games done and out, considerig the logistics of it all...well done AC team(s)!!!!

pacmanate
01-28-2014, 07:08 AM
i'm always staggered by the length of the credit roll, it's on par with any big special FX driven Hollywood blockbuster, even though that is padded with drivers, food service, insurers and personal assistant/hairdressers.

big job to get these games done and out, considerig the logistics of it all...well done AC team(s)!!!!

Im just glad we can skip them now.

But yeah, a lot of people work on these games. Its not so much the amount of people working on it that affects quality though. Time constraints are also a factor.

AU7thGear
01-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Im just glad we can skip them now.

I kind of feel that it's a bit rude to skip the credits. I always watch the credits in any game I complete as an act of respect to the Dev team and staff that helped made the game. But the AC games credits are just too long. It should be 15 minutes max! They really need to find a way to get more names on the screen at once.

pacmanate
01-28-2014, 08:41 AM
I kind of feel that it's a bit rude to skip the credits. I always watch the credits in any game I complete as an act of respect to the Dev team and staff that helped made the game. But the AC games credits are just too long. It should be 15 minutes max! They really need to find a way to get more names on the screen at once.

How many names do you remember off that list?

Mr_Shade
01-28-2014, 01:19 PM
a few ;)

pacmanate
01-28-2014, 01:25 PM
a few ;)

Hi there!

itsamea-mario
01-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Too many.