PDA

View Full Version : Why the Long Credits?????

vizhon
01-26-2014, 10:37 PM
There was a thread with pretty much the same title 3 years back about brotherhood that was not posted by me and describes the exact same issue I have with AC4 and what was the fly in my soup that ruined the whole game experience... Started into the credits, got sick of them around 20 minutes, tried to exit out to skip the credits and when I start back up, what do I find but I have to watch the whole 35 minutes of credits again, from the beginning.... This is cruel to the players and anyone that isn't going to read credits (like me) is not going to read them, periopd, whether you try to force it on them or let them skip it.. All you are going to do is piss us off, so here's where it stands with me... It's really not a question but a demand it not be repeated in other games and a warning if it does.

AC:Brotherhood + AC4s end credits and Ubisoft's failure to learn from past gripes has cost ever selling me a copy of AC: Liberation or any other AC title... Thanks to the end Credits of AC4 and my experiience with them, 35 minutes not really being an insignificant amount of time, as you can fit an entire episode of a sitcom into less time, AC4 is the last AC game I will ever purcahse... Passing on AC: Liberation.. Won't ever go back and pick up AC: Revelations... It disgusted me THAT much to repeatedly have walls of text forced on me.

So, that leaves other games, and the warning to Ubisoft... You have lost the sale of AC: Liberation to me, AC: Revelations and any other AC title you make in the future. You have also lost the on release sale of South Park: Stick of Truth, because the next game I play from Ubisoft is going to be Watchdogs, because if you are going to force another ungodly wall of text on me, it will be the last Ubisoft game I ever play and I have been drooling over Watch Dogs too long to have any other game ruin my taste for Ubisoft before I've played it... But the NEXT Ubisoft game that does it WILL be the last Ubisoft game I ever play period... And this is coming from someone that has been a fan for most of your lifetime as a company but REALLY, I can only put up with so much of the customer disrespect that forced ungodly long walls of text show.. I mean, really, to quote one of my circle of friends that is in the same boat as me on this and just as apt to boycott Ubisoft if it repeats, "I paid $60 for this game! If it was free, then sure, I'd sit through their damned credits, but I paid for it, and I don't OWE them ANYTHING!"

Fatal-Feit
01-26-2014, 11:38 PM
Nobody is forcing you to watch to credits; you can skip them.

strigoi1958
01-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Short answer ... lots of people worked hard and the company feels they deserve recognition.

If you want something but it has something the makers put in that you don't like then don't buy it.

Nobody has to watch them, make a sandwich, and a drink or watch some tv, (although on AC3 we did ask if we could skip them after watching once) everyone can do the game up to that point.
All my replays of AC3 end when the credits start, and now all my ac4 replays go to that point as well.

Anykeyer
01-27-2014, 06:52 AM
I just leave it and do something else. But Ubi should consider shortening this list by excluding people who didnt work on the project directly. Right now they include every single person who just happened to be nearby. Sometimes twice like in AC Liberation HD credits. It goes like this: people who made HD version (makes sense to list them), then the whole marketing and publishing staff (really?), basically everyone at Ubi HQ (reallllly????), then people who made original AC 3 Liberation (cmon, this is almost the same list as ppl who made HD, why didnt you just merge 2 lists together), then again the whole Ubi HQ, marketing and all that (what the ****, are you sick?).

guidomista
01-27-2014, 12:35 PM
hi,
...really?..
End credits too long? Is this a real problem?
In a game you generally have to watch them at most two times.
And, as someone else said, you can take a cup of coffe meanwhile.
Between all issues in Ubisoft services, I don't think this is a real problem.
In my humble opinion.

bye

Nitrotoluene
01-27-2014, 12:51 PM
In another thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/826972-AC4-Keep-playing-after-the-credits-roll), I was told that you can cancel the credits by pressing the 'action' key, which on a PC keyboard is 'E' for AC4.

I haven't tried it myself yet. Go ahead, try it and get your blood pressure back to normal.

JayStarr1027
01-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Nobody is forcing you to watch to credits; you can skip them.

If it's possible then enlighten us, or piss off. I agree, this is stupid long. I will never buy a game from ubisoft ever again because of this. I created an account from my phone just to post here, and the credits are still going. This it's infuriating and it's enough to prevent me from ever buying another game from you.

wichking
01-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Hold E and it will be skipped in Ac 3, Ac 4 and Unity. in the older parts i didnt tried it yet

Spr3m16
01-07-2015, 11:26 AM
If you dont like the credits then u should consider not playing games. The credits are there in the game so that every one that played a part in the game is recognized and deserves to be listed somewhere, it is also a way of saying thank you for being on this yournej with ous. I too am frustrated about the long credits but when u think of it, when u have to wait 30-35 min for the credits to pass by u can see how many people had to actually work on this game for years so that u can play it. And so in my mind sitiing 35 min in front of the computer is paying respect to all the members that where on the project

wichking
01-07-2015, 03:12 PM
If you dont like the credits then u should consider not playing games. The credits are there in the game so that every one that played a part in the game is recognized and deserves to be listed somewhere, it is also a way of saying thank you for being on this yournej with ous. I too am frustrated about the long credits but when u think of it, when u have to wait 30-35 min for the credits to pass by u can see how many people had to actually work on this game for years so that u can play it. And so in my mind sitiing 35 min in front of the computer is paying respect to all the members that where on the project

if you just force it to be seen it wont have this effect anyway. All just do somethign else meanwhile. IF someone really wants to show respect for the devs they just google for it

dargor5
01-07-2015, 04:18 PM
I agree this is like credits in movies. You just don't care but I guess they have to be there for some ethical legal purpose. I just window the game and watch netflix while that goes on

JohnConnor2012
01-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Least likely reason never to buy a Ubi game again, under current circumstances? I agree credits are overpadded and overlong though. Perhaps they should give us something to do while they're running, as at the end of AC2, or an endurance achievement. It wouldn't be first time for the latter either..

PS: OP isn't missing out much on 'AC: Liberation' anyway. As PC port, it's mot buggy and unstable AC game other than 'Unity' and has a hell of a lot less content.

CHosIN1
01-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Feel special you get to credits alot people cant get past seq 7

hatorijr
01-08-2015, 02:00 AM
credits are there for recognition, don't like it, tough. would you like it if you worked on a big project like a game or movie and they decided that you are not important enough to be recognized for your hard work? wow you lost a little bit of time from your life, these people lost a lot more than that in the course of developing the game that you are playing.

I--Skeptik--I
01-08-2015, 05:52 AM
When someone is involved in a project in any way shape or form that contributes to the end product, they have the "right" to be/get credited. Everyone from voice actors to mo-cap coordinators, to Kraft services right down to honorable mention of "project babies" (children that were born during the production process). If you were part of a project like this (especially this big and well known around the entire world), I'm sure you would want your name credited as well.

If you are passionate about more than just playing the game, credits are more "relevant" and you would like to know who did what.

VoldR
01-08-2015, 10:27 AM
I just noticed it in revelations, cant finish side stuff without the credits done.

I cook, went up and eat dinner, came down and still got 10 mins at least

YazX_
01-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Credits are skippable in AC Liberation, AC4 (you need to watch the first 2-3 mins since there is some part of the story then you can skip) and ACU (I dont recall AC3 credits are skippable but i might be wrong) by holding down the action button (Default is "E"), also you can fast forward in ACU. however, in earlier ACs, there are some part of the story while the credits are rolling. anyway, this is an old topic and Ubisoft made changes per community requests to be able to skip credits in future games, so no need to revive this thread.

Closed - Thanks