PDA

View Full Version : For want of a nail.

Dragusk
01-26-2014, 09:06 PM
I've always loved heavy bludgening weapons in games and really enjoy using the hammer but having some trouble staying competitive with it against other players due to its slowness and overall lack of range unless I'm spamming, which I prefer not to, and even then sometimes.

So I'd like to ask, anyone know sme good ways to counter this? Some good moves to use or armor, leave out perks please, too random to find whatever you end up suggesting xD

DireHit
01-27-2014, 04:57 AM
To be honest anytime I face a hammer I feel I have 80% chance of winning, just cause I can time the attacks. I'm pretty sure everyone's strategy is hit and run against hammers. The times that I have found hammer users that are good with it, they're pretty crazy as in unpredictable with their moves. I've never played with the hammer, but if you can somehow add attack speed, and learn to use combos not often used, and learn to cancel an attack mid way and strike with a light attack you might fare better. Idk how much that would help but if your not doing it already it could be something worth trying.

Good perks could be:

Frenzy of the crowd: 10% damage, 2% weapon speed high favor
Ignore pain: 15% auto parry, could break someones defense and just wail on him
Hurried butcher: 4% weapon speed
Plutos protection: invulnerable when low health for 8 seconds combined with ( Rabid Dog) 40% critical boost and 40% damage boost to critical hits.

Dragusk
01-27-2014, 06:00 AM
Cheers for the response. Also I see you on the high scores, awesome job, been trying to get up there myself (Around the 150s now)

Yeah I've been trying to figure out the fastest or farthest reaching combos, rolling light attacking and light light light heavy seem to work okay in comparasin but still not that great.
I've been taking all the gear that would give me the greatest weapon speed and that has been a huge help.

Once again, thank you for your response :)