PDA

View Full Version : SaveGame gone wtf ubisoft?

yoavital98
01-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Ok. First, I am from Israel so my grammar will be suck. :p
Now, Yesterday I was playing in the SinglePlayer and at some point I pressed TAB to go into the map.
The "Loading" message was in the bottom right and normally it takes 2-5 seconds to open the map and at this time nothing happened for a long time so I guessed there was a problem with the game so I minimized the game and closed it.
The uplay launcher was open and said that I'm still in the game and this status didnt changed so I had to force quit.
After, I tried to get into the game again and it didnt let me in so I had to restart.
(I was a little freaked out because in the last time it happened I wasn't able to get into the game at all {something with the PunkBuster but it got fixed after some time and some reinstalls})
After the restart I got into the game (it worked normally) and my saves was gone.
20%+ of campaign went to trash and the solutions that was suggested in the forums didn't work for me...
Anyone have other solution that he think that will help me? Thank you very much <3
Ubisoft, I know that my saves probably won't get back but please fix those crashes. :mad::confused:

Black_Widow9
01-27-2014, 02:52 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D
For the Saves:
If you have Cloud Saves turned on, please disable them. We recommend that players disable this feature by going into the Uplay Settings and unchecking the box for Cloud Saves.
You can also backup your AC4 Save Games by following this Support Article:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI

For the crashes:
Please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support with the details of your hardware and the specifics.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

yoavital98
01-27-2014, 09:25 PM
So it will stop the save deletes?
What do Cloud Saves do?

aleksandr9011
01-28-2014, 06:18 AM
I have had this issue multiple times. With or without cloud saves. Got to sequence 11 to lose a save. And just 5 minutes ago, lost a third of progress on a new save.

Unplayable.

Mr_Shade
01-28-2014, 12:58 PM
cloud saves - sync a copy of the save game with the servers - for use on other PCs or if you reinstall - however these are not currently working, so it's advised to turn the feature off.

You should also back up your save data, if you need to reinstall / for safety.

details are on the support site.

yoavital98
01-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Thank you :D

Durk78
01-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Pleinvrees2009 View Post

I have been requesting tickets since last week, I did receive the feedback survey regarding the support BUT NO SUPPORT SO FAR.
even their own forum does not receive replies.

This is the second time this happens with Ubisoft. Friends of mine laugh in my face because Ubisoft appears to be the Alfa Romeo of the gaming industry.
I am the fool for buying their products. Even though I am a big fan of AC, this is rediculous. I AM NEVER GOING TO BUY A UBISOFT PRODUCT AGAIN!!!!
Thank you Ubisoft of wasting my money once again!!!!!

Personally i lost 10 hours of gameplay. I submitted ticket to ubisoft and got a copy paste answer and my demand for reimbursement were ignored. I were told to turn off cloud saving. I turned off cloud saving and played for a week of vacation and today all that were lost as well. 80 hours gone...

tell your friends to stay away from this game, it is not playable with such a huge bug denying the player progress and therefore a waste of time and money.

KodiakBear64
01-28-2014, 03:50 PM
cloud saves - sync a copy of the save game with the servers - for use on other PCs or if you reinstall - however these are not currently working, so it's advised to turn the feature off.

You should also back up your save data, if you need to reinstall / for safety.

details are on the support site.

Cloud saving do not work for more than 1 month, in fact
https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGwCAI

I reinstalled Windows yesterday, didn't know that the cloud was out of service.
A 100% savegame qith everything done/unlocked gone.

UbiSoft rocks.

Astr4len
01-28-2014, 11:51 PM
Cloud saving do not work for more than 1 month, in fact
https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGwCAI

I reinstalled Windows yesterday, didn't know that the cloud was out of service.
A 100% savegame qith everything done/unlocked gone.

UbiSoft rocks.

Same problem here man. Reinstalled Windows but kept the game on another SSD. When I installed UPlay it didnt even recognise that the game was at the same place as before which is bad. And like you my save game was gone.

Same problem with both Rayman: Legends and Blood Dragon.