PDA

View Full Version : Time Phase guide

SquirrelInDaSky
01-26-2014, 12:39 AM
http://youtu.be/PZkaL-PzeeQ

Ysanoire
01-26-2014, 01:36 AM
The detail in this tutorial is awesome. Good job.

redka243
01-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Great post, thank you. I usually drop timephase on defense within blend groups. If youre already in a blend group does the lock disapear immediately too or do you have to wait or exit and re enter? What about if you throw the timephase: will it break lock if it hits on the pursuer or is between you and him?

does disruption have any similar lock breaking mechanics?

Battle5Star
01-26-2014, 09:31 AM
That was pretty cool Squirrel and Hunter! :) Thanks L.I.A.R boys for this video, hope to see more. :)

ScoringASH
01-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Nice video, I have been thinking of using this ability for a while now but was never sure on how to fully use it, but now I know more about it I think it's time to give it a go.

Kirokill
01-26-2014, 11:34 AM
That jester move at the end was hilarious!
This is the best ability guide I ever seen, too much information, mechanic understanding, how to craft it and use it. Great!

SquirrelInDaSky
01-26-2014, 03:02 PM
Great post, thank you. I usually drop timephase on defense within blend groups. If youre already in a blend group does the lock disapear immediately too or do you have to wait or exit and re enter? What about if you throw the timephase: will it break lock if it hits on the pursuer or is between you and him?

does disruption have any similar lock breaking mechanics?

I think when you use timephase inside a blendgroup, you get kicked out of it for a second when you do the hand-drop-animation, and then you rejoin it almost immediately. So i think you don't need to re-enter, the lock will be removed right away.

I am pretty sure disruption breaks the lock immediately. Some people claim it doesn't, but i don't believe them. It needs testing tho.

Ysanoire
01-28-2014, 06:58 AM
I used to think disruption doesn't break lock but now I'm 98% sure the opposite is true. Numerous situations where I locked people, got disrupted and bam! Civilian killed. It would be nice if somoene tested it in a controlled environment though.

SquirrelInDaSky
01-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Next guide is going to be on disruption

Kirokill
01-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Yes! :D

SixKeys
01-28-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the vid, that explains a lot of the lock frustrations I've had when using this ability.

TLiciousX
01-29-2014, 02:57 AM
Nice guide, well edited and informative. How do you enable the icon above your head that displays the opponent's lock? I've been through all the options and can't find. (Xbox 360).

Ysanoire
01-29-2014, 03:35 AM
Which options? You won't be able to set it in your own HUD options, it's a characteristic of the mode whether you can see it or not.

In gamelab, it's called "lock awareness", can't remember which sub-menu it was, but it shoulnd't be too hard to find.

PS. Disruption definitely breaks lock (on PC at least, which totally doesn't mean it does the same on all platforms, because this is AC) and now I have a witness. XD

borderline82
01-31-2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks for this! I think I kept trying to use it too close and with no helpful NPCs to get murdered instead of me.

E-Zekiel
02-03-2014, 05:17 AM
I have a question and feel like a noob and I've missed something simple...How are you able to see that an enemy player has locked you? I haven't seen this before.

Kirokill
02-03-2014, 05:28 PM
I have a question and feel like a noob and I've missed something simple...How are you able to see that an enemy player has locked you? I haven't seen this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=H12MerEDmuw#t=128

At 2:08 you can see there a red lock-like thing above his head, that is how you know someone has locked, and if I remember correctly you also get a sound alert of that.
This is not available in any public mode and can be turned on in gamelab as above said, but I'm sure you know that already :).

E-Zekiel
02-04-2014, 08:33 AM
I didn't know that actually - I don't really play in game lab very much, thank you for clarifying. I was actually thinking it might just be a game lab thing, but wasn't sure. I mostly just play in public mode.

Thanks for the clarification! It seemed like very important information to know, given I'm trying to come up with/practice with a solid time phase/glimmer set right now. The ability to see locks (though that is no longer relevant, now that I know it's game-lab only :P) would have been a very important thing to factor into how I use it. Still planning on using the set - just that that info would have been important to take into account.

Jailwhale
02-04-2014, 09:48 PM
In the disruption video on xbox one it shows that it removes locks...
Also how do you get the red lock to show up on xbox one?

Ysanoire
02-04-2014, 10:48 PM
... the same way you do on any other platform? This question was just answered twice in this thread.

jsct10
05-23-2014, 03:11 AM
This is really excellent.