PDA

View Full Version : New Cycle of Heroes

niaatsirhc
01-25-2014, 09:41 PM
A new ability for Heroes: Ally (Faction)(number)

I would suggest a cycle of heroes with 1 migth and 1 magic, the normal stat increasing ability, the normal card draw ability and the above ability. And only 1 or 2 spell schools.

The ability means that the Hero may use any creature or fortune cards of the Faction with a resource cost(before reductions) equal or less then the number.

For example: An Necromancer with Ally Infernal 2 may put any number of Infernal cards with a resource cost of two in it's deck, and of course the usual Necropolis and Neutral cards.

This will increase the number of possible decks, but the additional deckbuilding options are compensated with its lower stats.

Does this sound fair?

VampFury
01-26-2014, 12:44 PM
It sounds like really interesting concept and idea.

That being said I am not sure I would like that, because I like factions being different and doing their own stuff. This way, for instance, Haven unique ability to produce resource could be used by some other faction(s) via Tithes. Other problem is that testing for this would need to be really, really big as it would need to be tested on all current cards as well as future. Also this way creatures wouldn't need to be tested for interactions within one faction only - they would have needed to be tested with ALL other creatures.

Pjovejas
01-27-2014, 06:30 PM
For the sake of balance I would vote against such idea... Because fractions even with small aditions from other may become too imbalanced... Inferno with outmaneuvre+ambush? Stronghold hero with Altars of destruction? (think any other interesting combination)

niaatsirhc
01-27-2014, 07:06 PM
For the sake of balance I would vote against such idea... Because fractions even with small aditions from other may become too imbalanced... Inferno with outmaneuvre+ambush? Stronghold hero with Altars of destruction? (think any other interesting combination)

Never thought about those possible combinations. I agree, very powerfull. Back to the drawing board

Sasuga
01-31-2014, 01:45 PM
I think its a neat idea, but not one they should do for a few years... if at all.

Shinrin
04-17-2014, 03:15 AM
the simple option, make a game format where it's allowed

If not limiting it to res 2, then lvl 2 or perhaps limit mixed decks like this to 1 or 2 of a card instead of the usual 4, perhaps only allow common cards

malkorion
04-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Damn. :D I'd play that Kelthor that has access to Altar of Destruction. Gives the deck more reach towards the end game.

I've been thinking about cross-faction card interactions too. Although I think I had different ideas in mind.

For example, we've already seen how some cards can share the same ability. (Spirit Traveller, Gated Demon, Trapper Spider, Sand Shark, Sayama Stalker, Sahaar Hunter, etc.)

This could be expanded upon, if they made sense from a flavor perspective.

But DoC is a totally different beast from MtG. In DoC each faction is really different, and don't really share abilities. In MtG, you have five colors, and the color pie. Each color is different, but it also shares some philosophies with its neighboring color. (White and Green are both about life and protection, Red and Green are also both about raw power, destruction, and instinct)

In DoC, however, sharing these faction characteristics wouldn't really work. I think.

Revalon
04-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Yeah, Kitten Warriors in every faction :)

NoobFish
04-19-2014, 04:08 AM
Hi,

they could easily make a weekly formt about this, where they allow all the cards for every hero, so you can build your imbalanced über decks. it would be fun for some days and building those cazy decks would be fun too.