PDA

View Full Version : Machete Kills

Phaerion_
01-25-2014, 06:40 AM
So I have to ask, did anyone else prefer Adewale's combat style to Edward's? Not only did I enjoy the brutal machete kills, but being able to liquefy a group of enemies with the blunderbuss was WICKED. I was hoping that after the expansion Edward would have the option to buy and use the new weapons similar to how you had the option of buying different gear in previous assassins creed games. Just having the ability to switch between the two would add a whole new way to play the single-player campaign.

Aphex_Tim
01-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Sure, I loved it! Not only because of the new animations, (that move where he swipes a guard off his feet into the air and then immediately knocks him to the ground is kick-***!), but also because it felt a lot more fluid again, like the combat did in AC3. Edward's dual sword animations just felt weird most of the time, like the swords didn't really make contact upon hitting and most recycled animations just didn't fit dual sword fighting at all! However I don't think Ade's fighting style would fit Edward at all. Adewale is lot bigger/tougher/bulkier than Edward and him swinging that big-*** machete around like he does would just look really weird and out of place on Edward I think.

Also, couldn't help but think of this when reading the title:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2q8n6gy.jpg

MasterAssasin84
01-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Nope i thought Edwards dual Sword style was a million miles ahead to the machete Kills !

LoyalACFan
01-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Also, couldn't help but think of this when reading the title:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2q8n6gy.jpg

Lol yeah, I was expecting this to be one of those "Watch Machete Kills Online Free" spam threads :p

But yes, I liked Ade's machete animations better than Edward's. Edward's dual sword moves seemed too choreographed or something, like the guards were just standing there letting him toy with them, whereas Adewale just tore them to pieces.

Also, I love the little twirl he does when you press Square outside of combat, it's so much cooler than Edward's little shrug thing.

Fatal-Feit
01-25-2014, 09:30 PM
I definitely prefer Adewale with his machete over Edward and his dual swords. It's so much cooler and less frustrating in combat.