PDA

View Full Version : ON NOW: Single-Player Community Event – Bring Out The Big Guns (Jan 23 – 28)

UbiGabe
01-23-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey there Assassins! It's time to focus your efforts on the fat prizes to be had from taking down the largest and most dangerous foes around. Sink Man-of-War class ships before next Tuesday to be eligible for the community reward: El Impoluto's Figurehead, symbol of one of the largest and most dangerous sailing vessels in the West Indies! Check out the pause menu for community progress updates and to check your status! A quick word on “sinking” ships… a ship is considered sunk if you destroy it without boarding it, or board it and use the ship to repair the Jackdaw. If you board and send the ship to Kenway’s Fleet or press its crew into service to reduce your notoriety, the ship is not actually sunk and so you will not receive credit towards the event.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/q71/1237006_10151963421873068_1883212423_n.jpg

Logan_Pelaez
01-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Hi ubigabe, I have a question.
If i complete any community event with my saved game a, does the reward is available for any future saved game or only for that one? Forgive my bad english, ubfortunetly it sucks.

stetsonaw
01-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the info, Gabe!

nes670503
01-24-2014, 02:00 PM
please ezio outfits...

Sabuto78
01-24-2014, 03:00 PM
@logan peleze: It does as long as you make the new game while the same challenge is up. If you make a new game when the challenge is over it wont unlock. o.o ( when i tested it anyway)

@Topic. this and last challenge are all completely easy to get and similar actually. man of wars are just a bit more tedious and tiresome than just walking behind a guard. 50% so far!

jetlee2777
01-24-2014, 05:40 PM
a ship is considered sunk if you destroy it without boarding it @UbiGabe This is not counting for me only when I repair the jackdaw,but I beg everybody to WIN this time TOGETHER the challenge.

As THIS was the reward that I was waiting for all the time since the launch of the game in October and I would be really thankful and most appreciated if we can do it on ALL plattforms regards,

jetlee2777

jetlee2777
01-25-2014, 03:48 AM
Update:Ok guys I would like to said that the PS3 community got now the El Impoluto figurhead finally!!! and I´m so happy about it.

And I would like to thank everybody who puts efforts on it to get her.

Regards,

jetlee2777

jetlee2777
01-25-2014, 04:21 AM
And here she is in all her beautyness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_WsCtblgg

jetlee2777
01-25-2014, 05:44 AM
In addition here are the results of the Community Challenge from the PS3 system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJUjHEwdWo&hd=1

Sabuto78
01-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Way to triple post and not use the edit button. gj tho.

xbox360 got it too nice job guys (Y)

C0m4ndi59
01-25-2014, 08:42 PM
I have played every assassins creed game released. Unfortunately, in every game I get to a point where I cannot continue. The button mashing and unforgiving need for exact timing and button combinations leave me retrying again and again until my frustration level overwhelms me and I have to give up. Come on! Don't make it impossible to continue by making certain tasks so difficult. Love the games but why play when cannot continue at a certain point. Why go to great lengths to develop a deep game only to have points in the game that are too unforgiving?

jetlee2777
01-26-2014, 03:41 AM
Way to triple post and not use the edit button. gj tho.

xbox360 got it too nice job guys (Y)

I´m sorry about it I was so excited,at this time and post it to fast.

But I have a question was this challenge,also on the PS4 system?

StuItified
01-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Ok so the challenge has been smashed, (PS4) Just like the one before it where the Explorers Outfit was available as soon as we beat the challenge even with a couple of days left. This time i got the notification saying that it was unlocked but it hasn't been cant equip it from anywhere. Will this be an issue or will it become available when the 28th is over and done with. Before anyone gets smart yes i smashed the personal goal as well

stetsonaw
01-26-2014, 06:08 PM
I'm on PS4. When after I destroyed 2 Man o' Wars last night, i went into the cabin, to outfit the ship. In the area you buy sails/figureheads/wheels, scroll to the bottom and you should see the El Impoluto Figurehead.

StuItified
01-27-2014, 02:59 AM
So i guess this means i'm missing out on the reward. I love these community challenges, I love this game, but these 1 or 2 bugs such as single player salt lagoon view point not syncing which is preventing me from 100% sync and then these community challenges not registering the rewards. Its disappointing. This is on PS4, I've played the game on PS3 also and again the Plunder all Smugglers Dens bug was the only thing there preventing me from 100% sync. But i'm about to log in to the game now in the hope that the reward is unlocked today.

StuItified
01-27-2014, 03:48 AM
So El Impoluto's Figurehead is still unavailable for me???? If some one from UBI can help that would be great

stetsonaw
01-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Have you sunk 2 Man o' War ships since the event started? You have to participate in the event to receive them. Also, in the pause menu, do you see the Community Challenge at the top of the ticker on the right hand side? It will show your participation level. I'm on PS4 and as soon as I sunk (either destroyed without boarding or repair your ship ONLY) my second Man o' War, i received it. Adding to the fleet or lowering wanted level does not work for this challenge, as neither of them sink the ship.

AlyoshaCephas
01-28-2014, 12:33 AM
At the risk of sounding ungrateful I hope you'll take a suggestion. Please make this information more readily accessible to those of us who would like to participate in community events but aren't checking the forums daily for announcements like this. It's frustrating to get an email this afternoon announcing an event ending tomorrow that has been going on for five days. The last community event - at least the last I was aware of - was announced on the main/first page of AC:Initiates, so I've made a habit of logging in there daily ever since thinking I would see the next one coming. Instead this one is announced here and not there, and in an email right before it is over.

Thanks for taking this into consideration.

jetlee2777
01-28-2014, 01:18 AM
@stetsonaw Ok I have another question if I will buy now probably end of January a PS4 console,will you still get then afterwards the El Impoluto figurehead?,or only when you participate in the challenge?

Tobias971
01-28-2014, 02:00 AM
Why can't I participate in this community event? I have sunk several man o' war ships today and it still shows me as sinking 0. I was not able to participate in the last community event either. What do I have to do?

jetlee2777
01-28-2014, 05:42 AM
Why can't I participate in this community event? I have sunk several man o' war ships today and it still shows me as sinking 0. I was not able to participate in the last community event either. What do I have to do?

When you board a ship go to "repair the Jackdaw" this should actually count.

StuItified
01-28-2014, 09:25 AM
My Participation was at 179/2 currently ranked ninth in my region, and the ticker says 100% complete, I was playing the game when we reached 100% and that's when the notification pop'd up saying congrats and that the reward was unlocked. I have also boarded several of the 179 I've got. Mr Shade did reply to me about it on another thread said it should unlock when the challenge is finished. Will have to wait and see

stetsonaw
01-28-2014, 08:02 PM
@stetsonaw Ok I have another question if I will buy now probably end of January a PS4 console,will you still get then afterwards the El Impoluto figurehead?,or only when you participate in the challenge?
Sadly, nothing saved in AC4 from the PS3 carries over to the PS4 (I moved from PS3 to PS4 after getting ~20% through). The only stuff that carried forward was the Aveline DLC, Season Pass, and the fact that I had game saves from previous AC games to unlock content in AC4.

stetsonaw
01-28-2014, 08:05 PM
My Participation was at 179/2 currently ranked ninth in my region, and the ticker says 100% complete, I was playing the game when we reached 100% and that's when the notification pop'd up saying congrats and that the reward was unlocked. I have also boarded several of the 179 I've got. Mr Shade did reply to me about it on another thread said it should unlock when the challenge is finished. Will have to wait and see
Once the challenge was completed (100% reached), and I sunk the required 2, i was immediately able to go equip the figurehead. This was Saturday on PS4 (US). When you go to outfit the ship, look in the long list of appearance items, look for El Impoluto Figurehead. It will be in one of two places, with the first set of figureheads if it isn't unlocked, or toward the bottom with the rest of the items you own.

jetlee2777
01-29-2014, 04:35 AM
Sadly, nothing saved in AC4 from the PS3 carries over to the PS4 (I moved from PS3 to PS4 after getting ~20% through). The only stuff that carried forward was the Aveline DLC, Season Pass, and the fact that I had game saves from previous AC games to unlock content in AC4.

Well I think that you´ve missunderstood me cause I don´t want to copy my PS3 savefiles to the PS4 I want to buy (get) the PS4 version of the game soon.

So when the El Impoluto figurehead has been unlocked also on the PS4 system does it mean that I will get it automatically?,cause at least for the community challenges you have to be connected to the Ubisoft servers so it has nothing to do with the savefiles hope that you understand now what I mean.

Regards,

jetlee2777

cxa117
01-29-2014, 07:44 AM
Will there be another chance or another way to unlock the figurehead? I'm away from home, so I can't get onto my ps3.

stetsonaw
01-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Well I think that you´ve missunderstood me cause I don´t want to copy my PS3 savefiles to the PS4 I want to buy (get) the PS4 version of the game soon.

So when the El Impoluto figurehead has been unlocked also on the PS4 system does it mean that I will get it automatically?,cause at least for the community challenges you have to be connected to the Ubisoft servers so it has nothing to do with the savefiles hope that you understand now what I mean.

Regards,

jetlee2777
I didn't misunderstand you at all. None of your progression or anything you unlock in AC4 on PS3 will be available in the PS4 version. Unless it is part of the season pass or game in the original packaging, like the Aveline DLC. I wasn't talking about copying your save file over, the Ubi servers segregate the PS3 and PS4 data. If you use the companion app, it has you select PS3 or PS4 when it finds multiple saves.

tl;dr: you will have to do the community events again on the PS4 to get the rewards. I know this because I had this and the explorer's outfit unlocked on the PS3, and they weren't available on PS4 until I unlocked them through Community Events.

stetsonaw
01-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Will there be another chance or another way to unlock the figurehead? I'm away from home, so I can't get onto my ps3.
It has been stated that every week they will run a community challenge, and once they go through them all, they will do them again. People who have completed it before, if the challenge is met again by the community, will receive assorted plunder items.

This event and the one prior to it (assassinate 10 guards for the explorer outfit) have been ran at least once before.

dparra85
09-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Hello everyone. I see that I am not the only one that wants this patch. Can the moderators and ubisoft staff review the forums and see that we all would like a new community challenges or at least buy the items in a DLC?