PDA

View Full Version : Sharing is Caring: Where are the chests?

cF Zeus
01-23-2014, 11:54 AM
I've been searching for a few days and have been unable to find any social treasure chests in the game. I've even been using this to look: http://www.jp.guihard.net/IMG/jpg/map-social-events.jpg

Anyone have any idea where they are or how to unlock them to find? I'm on Xbox One.

AlmightySteveO
01-23-2014, 12:21 PM
I don't know about the XBone but on the 360 I've only seen 2 white whales, one bugged royal convoy, and zero community chests in 81 hours played.

h8suall
01-23-2014, 05:13 PM
XB1 Social Chest .....Santanillas.....in cave under the structure opposite the view point 219,240 ......4h51m......................Got bored with the challenge and started chest hunting...lol

Landruner
01-23-2014, 05:15 PM
I have played the game on Xobox360 - I got the 3 chests (Blue) very early on and I did not even know what they were at First - Like the person above I only got 2 white whales (southern area on the map) after playing hours and roaming for at least 10 hours for getting the second whales, i honestly gave up for getting the third one, that is ridicule and it is buggy, and the map you show above does not help neither.

I also got the 3 convoy ships as well and it was hard, alas still because i did not get what it meant really I missed the first one and it stayed as an annoying floating blue icon ever since, and I have a floating blue chest icon on the port of Kingston, although I got the 3 chests already and i never saw the timer appearing for that event (?)

Hint if you get lucky to see and icon on the map with the timer:

Perhaps, I am wrong, but the social gear (convoy and whales) only appeared on the locations that i did not yet liberated from the fort and if they appear be sure to reach them before the timer goes off, if not, you get a persistent floating blue icon on your map, and the event won't appear ever on that location neither.

Once you reached and next to the event you may try and re-try the event as long as you need to win it - the timer only counts for the event before you reach it and start it, but it does not count when you fail and retry the event. Thank god! I had to retry the second white whales at least 15 times because i was not well equipped with the harpooning gear.

Anyhow, I learned also that if you start another game all those extra social items are gone, and social events won't appear for a second play through (that as to be verify with the community, but a lot of players reported this to me) - So, apparently they is no replay value for AC4, and it looks like that all system had been built in order to make sure that people play the game on a brand new copy of the game and for a laps of time only.

In short and my personal opinion, the social events could have been a nice idea, but i don't like those stuff happen while playing a SP game, and they were buggy and poorly implanted in AC4
(RDR Rockstar did a better job for those) - I won't buy Watchdog since they said that a lot of those will happen and the SP experience will build around these for that game.

h8suall
01-23-2014, 05:38 PM
XB1...convoy 903,278....1h16m left