PDA

View Full Version : The AC I Want Most... (NOTHING TO DO WITH SETTING)

STDlyMcStudpants
01-23-2014, 05:41 AM
At dawn on Friday, October 13, 1307, scores of French Templars were simultaneously arrested by agents of King Philip, later to be tortured in locations such as the tower at Chinon, into admitting heresy and other sacrilegious offenses in the Order. Then they were put to death.

In 1312, after the Council of Vienne, and under extreme pressure from King Philip IV, Pope Clement V issued an edict officially dissolving the Order.

Jacques de Molay was the 23rd and last Grand Master of the Knights Templar, leading the Order from 20 April 1292 until it was dissolved by order of Pope Clement V in 1307.
"The cardinals dallied with their duty until 18 March 1314, when, on a scaffold in front of Notre Dame, Jacques de Molay, Templar Grand Master, Geoffroi de Charney, Master of Normandy, Hugues de Peraud, Visitor of France, and Godefroi de Gonneville, Master of Aquitaine, were brought forth from the jail in which for nearly seven years they had lain, to receive the sentence agreed upon by the cardinals, in conjunction with the Archbishop of Sens and some other prelates whom they had called in."

The canons pronounced that a relapsed heretic was to be burned without a hearing

THE LAST WORDS OF JACQUES DE MOLAY, GRAND MASTER OF THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR
According to Maurice Druon's The Iron King, that is:
"Pope Clement, Chevalier Guillaume de Nogaret, King Philip! I summon you to the Tribunal of Heaven before the year is out!"
As he was about to be executed, he appealed "from this your heinous judgement to the living and true God, who is in Heaven", warning the pope that, within a year and a day, he and Philip IV would be obliged to answer for their crimes in God's presence.

Pope Clement V (Latin: Clemens V; c. 1264 – 20 April 1314)
He died on 20 April 1314. According to one story, while his body was lying in state, a thunderstorm developed during the night and lightning struck the church where his body lay, igniting the building. The fire was so intense that when it was extinguished, the body of Pope Clement V was almost destroyed.

Philip IV (April–June 1268 – 29 November 1314)
Suffered a cerebral ictus during a hunt at Pont-Sainte-Maxence (Forest of Halatte) and died a few weeks later in Fontainebleau, where he was born.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A church fire and a hunting accident...
WHAT if..for one game, the templars and assassins came together due to a common enemy?
Or simply we are just against both..either way works..
But I would love to see this story in an ac game soooo bad!

Kaschra
01-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Funny thing, I also thought abot this as a possible setting. It would be pretty interesting.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Funny thing, I also thought abot this as a possible setting. It would be pretty interesting.
Could you imagine being a part of all of this?
Setting a church on fire and what not?

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Friday the 13th I can get behind that idea,honestly they've should have been explored this!

ze_topazio
01-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Meanwhile in Portugal, the king simply changed the name of the order and trolled the Pope, Portugal confirmed for AC7.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Yaaaaay I'm half Portuguese so I might be a templar lol!

STDlyMcStudpants
01-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Meanwhile in Portugal, the king simply changed the name of the order and trolled the Pope, Portugal confirmed for AC7.

Yes, some became the knights of christ, others believe some became the freemasons..and then theres the theory (the one ac uses) that they continued as the templars in secret

ze_topazio
01-24-2014, 01:58 AM
Yaaaaay I'm half Portuguese so I might be a templar lol!

We're practically brothers then, and Templars too, come brother, let's conspire together, let's discover the setting of AC5 and then demand

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/vinyamar/4861729/424336/original.gif

for our silence.

pacmanate
01-24-2014, 05:06 AM
In AC3 Desmonds father said that the Assassin's and Templars have united on occassion. I would LOVE to see this happen. It could call for some seriously good storytelling however I would like to have it worked on for at least 3 years.

FreeKnowledge
01-24-2014, 05:25 AM
OK brother!AC 5 will be in China so they can compete with assassin's creed-shadow of mordor lol!no but seriously most likely it will be China and I can't wait!

IWGCJoeCool
01-24-2014, 04:16 PM
the whole "actual demise" of the Templar Order was covered in, i think, one of the Dan Brown books, or a writer in a similar vein, so i've often wondered if/when our favorite game series would visit this. obviously, those events created a situation where the Templars could go underground a few more levels of secrecy, re-rising through the ranks of society and politics to regain their influence (according to AC lore).

JC

STDlyMcStudpants
01-24-2014, 10:21 PM
In AC3 Desmonds father said that the Assassin's and Templars have united on occassion. I would LOVE to see this happen. It could call for some seriously good storytelling however I would like to have it worked on for at least 3 years.

Agreed. I was hoping AC V would be one of those 3 years games.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-09-2014, 08:13 PM
well.. i got what i wanted... for 10 minutes -_- LMFAO

Hans684
12-09-2014, 09:38 PM
I agree but from the Templar perspective and we play as one of the nine Templars he sent away(maybe the new Grandmaster). So a game during their fall would be great and if good enough. Then we can get a sequel of their rise.

Altair1789
12-09-2014, 09:45 PM
I wish Unity's protagonist was Thomas de Carneillon. I loved the feel of the first mission of the game. If the whole game was about a constant search for the codex and sword of Eden in that setting, it'd have been an amazing game. But sadly, we were stuck with Arno, knowing nothing about the ones who came before, just running around to kill the guy who killed his step father

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 10:12 PM
WHAT if..for one game, the templars and assassins came together due to a common enemy?

This is what Unity was supposed to be.

No obligation due to relations BS

STDlyMcStudpants
12-09-2014, 10:17 PM
I wish Unity's protagonist was Thomas de Carneillon. I loved the feel of the first mission of the game. If the whole game was about a constant search for the codex and sword of Eden in that setting, it'd have been an amazing game. But sadly, we were stuck with Arno, knowing nothing about the ones who came before, just running around to kill the guy who killed his step father

i havent got too far into the game yet.. im at 9% complete... |Do we ever get to play missions as the other characters shown at the start screen as 'locked' or was that all for show?

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 10:18 PM
This is what Unity was supposed to be.

No obligation due to relations BS

Yeah...there was hardly any "Unity" really...

Kind of a letdown. -__-

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah...there was hardly any "Unity" really...

Kind of a letdown. -__-

but but but ermagerd it unites players in co-op herp derp

No.

That was not how it was initially advertised, Ubisoft.

Such a cop out.

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 10:21 PM

No.

Such a cop out.

Imagine if "Victory" is just myself beating someone online. XD

But yes, you are right...

STDlyMcStudpants
12-09-2014, 10:22 PM

No.

Such a cop out.

lol agreeed.. AC Brotherhood was about multiplayer too i guess

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 10:24 PM
"You see it's called victory because you can beat the game..."

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 10:31 PM

"Congratulations, your team has achieved Victory..."

"Press X for next session" :rolleyes:

dxsxhxcx
12-09-2014, 10:32 PM

It's called Victory because they'll have finished fixing the majority of ACU's bugs right on time for the release of the next game..

Altair1789
12-09-2014, 11:08 PM
I think Victory is just a code name. But then again, it might not be. I'm one of those people who thinks those images weren't leaks, but prepared

i havent got too far into the game yet.. im at 9% complete... |Do we ever get to play missions as the other characters shown at the start screen as 'locked' or was that all for show?

It doesn't show up again, and if you're thinking the game will hopefully get more interesting, it won't. The entire game aside from co op, parkour, and fighting was pretty much a disappointment. Even the stealth was pretty crappy since guards will be alerted from through walls when one of their friends spot you. I'm being a bit pessimistic about the game, but it definitely wasn't as good as I expected story-wise