PDA

View Full Version : Guy on 4chan claiming to be an Ubisoft employee answered questions

pineal_gland
01-23-2014, 02:45 AM
When asked about franchise fatigue, he said:

At the moment, a little bit. A lot of my team were getting tired of it, especially with AC3 which was awful to develop. We're however having fun with the next gen game which is great so far (at least we think)

Blame the investors and the casual gaming crowd. AC3's development started straight after 2 and it was nearly a completely different game back then. And most of the Homstead stuff was literately made in under a month (yes, I'm very serious.) AC3's development was an absolute mess.

That the Homestead was developed in less than a month is... both very surprising and not surprising at all, really, considering how much content there was but how buggy most of it was. I'm wondering what the original version of AC3 was going to be like.

He confirmed there's two AC titles for release this year:

One is for current gen and PC, the other is for next gen and PC. The current gen one will be like AC4 (not really plot relevant) and the next gen game will push the story forward with a new modern day protag.
Settings: China for the next gen (it really looks amazing by the way, trust me) and England for current gen.
Claims that the new protagonist for the next gen will be named Travis Mitchell, and that there will be lots of kung fu and redesigned combat.

Very interesting. He said that they actually had an Egyptian game in the works but they switched development over to China instead of Egypt, and that the England game will have some naval stuff still but not as much as AC4 does.

For Watch_Dogs in regards to it being delayed, he said:
It's a mixture of things. It was given average and blow average marks when we did closed of previews with the finished code and GTA V scared the higher ups. At the moment, we're "fixing it up" and developing DLC to release after it's out (unfortunately)

However, he also said that within 2 years or so they should have a full fledged pirate RPG coming out that Ubisoft Singapore is testing new tech for.

When asked about things that executives and other employees did, he said:
Ergh, I know that the higher ups made us cut out a lot of important story related things in AC3 to speed up development..

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Don't trust anything said on 4chan it's just a website where all trolls meet. That Anonymous hacker (troll) group formed on there that should tell you enough that site is ridiculous.

As Mr.Shade said in the EXACT same thread earlier: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/826069-Guy-on-4chan-claiming-to-be-an-Ubisoft-employee-answered-questions?p=9499411&viewfull=1#post9499411

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-23-2014, 02:58 AM
Don't trust anything said on 4chan it's just a website where all trolls meet. That Anonymous hacker (troll) group formed on there that should tell you enough that site is ridiculous.

As Mr.Shade said in the EXACT same thread earlier: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/826069-Guy-on-4chan-claiming-to-be-an-Ubisoft-employee-answered-questions?p=9499411&viewfull=1#post9499411

Agreed.Claiming to be an employee without proof = "I'm not who I say I am, but I'm just saying these things to start as many speculations/rumors/controversies as possible." >_>

HiddenKiller612
01-23-2014, 03:23 AM
If you take anything said on a site like 4chan serious.... lmfao.

pineal_gland
01-23-2014, 03:29 AM

I'm not saying anything of this is true, but some of the stuff he says sound very plausible i must admit.
I'm just reposting this stuff because the previous thread on this subject got deleted due to swearing.
We'll find out soon enough if any of these claims are true.

And if you think anonymous is just a ridiculous hacker troll group, you aren't so well informed.

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 03:49 AM
Agreed.Claiming to be an employee without proof = "I'm not who I say I am, but I'm just saying these things to start as many speculations/rumors/controversies as possible." >_>
Exactly and I agree.

Exactly!

I'm not saying anything of this is true, but some of the stuff he says sound very plausible i must admit.
I'm just reposting this stuff because the previous thread on this subject got deleted due to swearing.
We'll find out soon enough if any of these claims are true.

And if you think anonymous is just a ridiculous hacker troll group, you aren't so well informed.
Anonymous are cult troll hacker group their "morals" are so backwards - waste of space, I said 4chan is ridiculous, and Anonymous are trolls. Im informed I've watched many news reports and a documentary about the cult and about 4chan. I've also read about the site and the cult..

From your first post it seemed as you sided with the rumour and speculation. This thread didn't need to be reposted..

Rumour and speculation turn out to be twisted so the author feels like they have some superior knowlege in this case this so called "Ubisoft employee" could just be someone saying that they are trying to cause attention because they are seeking it. As HiddenKiller said if you believe 4chan is serious LMFAO! Why repost this though, if you're doing that it appears like somewhere in your mind you believe what this troll is saying on 4chan because that's what it your first post and this post is reading as.

ze_topazio
01-23-2014, 03:52 AM
Many rumours started on 4chan that nobody believed, turn out to be true more than once, just saying.

Wolfmeister1010
01-23-2014, 03:57 AM
Lol

AdamPearce
01-23-2014, 04:09 AM
D-40.

Wolfmeister1010
01-23-2014, 04:11 AM
Many rumours started on 4chan that nobody believed, turn out to be true more than once, just saying.

Iike what

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 05:44 AM
Eh, I dunno, the development woes sound pretty believable to me. Especially GTA5 scaring Ubi into delaying Watch Dogs, lol. But I'm having a hard time believing that they made a game set in China with a guy named Travis who knows kung fu... That throws the rest of it into doubt. Pretty sure it's a troll post, but I'll file that Travis Mitchell tidbit away on the off-chance it's valid.

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 05:48 AM
All the things he says sound nothing like new information and too much like exactly what people want to hear. The majority of people already believe AC3's development was botched, this guy isn't adding any information but simply confirming people's beliefs. It all sounds like he's making it up on the spot. I don't buy it.

STDlyMcStudpants
01-23-2014, 05:50 AM
tbh these rumors dont sound half bad...but you would have to be an idiot to basically fire yourself like this lol

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 06:01 AM
All the things he says sound nothing like new information and too much like exactly what people want to hear. The majority of people already believe AC3's development was botched, this guy isn't adding any information but simply confirming people's beliefs. It all sounds like he's making it up on the spot. I don't buy it.

The only thing that really gave me pause was what he said about the Homestead missions. The other stuff he said about the development doesn't seem like insider info, but the Homestead missions are fairly popular among fans from what I can tell. If he was just telling people what they wanted to hear, he wouldn't have necessarily had to rag on them. To me, though, they felt really underdeveloped. The animations were stiff and awkward, the voice acting was off, and the script felt rushed and lazy. I can totally see them being developed in less than a month by cobbling together existing assets.

Will_Lucky
01-23-2014, 06:38 AM
Iike what

Like Assassins Creed 4 Black Flags was back last January.

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 07:37 AM
Like Assassins Creed 4 Black Flags was back last January.

That wasn't 4chan, that was Reddit. Official people from Ubisoft have been known to go on Reddit for AMAs, so that site has at least a little bit more credibility than 4chan.

Landruner
01-23-2014, 08:33 AM
When asked about franchise fatigue, he said:

At the moment, a little bit. A lot of my team were getting tired of it, especially with AC3 which was awful to develop. We're however having fun with the next gen game which is great so far (at least we think)

Blame the investors and the casual gaming crowd. AC3's development started straight after 2 and it was nearly a completely different game back then. And most of the Homstead stuff was literately made in under a month (yes, I'm very serious.) AC3's development was an absolute mess.

That the Homestead was developed in less than a month is... both very surprising and not surprising at all, really, considering how much content there was but how buggy most of it was. I'm wondering what the original version of AC3 was going to be like.

He confirmed there's two AC titles for release this year:

One is for current gen and PC, the other is for next gen and PC. The current gen one will be like AC4 (not really plot relevant) and the next gen game will push the story forward with a new modern day protag.
Settings: China for the next gen (it really looks amazing by the way, trust me) and England for current gen.
Claims that the new protagonist for the next gen will be named Travis Mitchell, and that there will be lots of kung fu and redesigned combat.

Very interesting. He said that they actually had an Egyptian game in the works but they switched development over to China instead of Egypt, and that the England game will have some naval stuff still but not as much as AC4 does.

For Watch_Dogs in regards to it being delayed, he said:
It's a mixture of things. It was given average and blow average marks when we did closed of previews with the finished code and GTA V scared the higher ups. At the moment, we're "fixing it up" and developing DLC to release after it's out (unfortunately)

However, he also said that within 2 years or so they should have a full fledged pirate RPG coming out that Ubisoft Singapore is testing new tech for.

When asked about things that executives and other employees did, he said:
Ergh, I know that the higher ups made us cut out a lot of important story related things in AC3 to speed up development..

That is the copy and paste version of the Post by author "bobbyrk" from website GameFAQs.com Right?!
Guy on 4chan claiming to be an Ubisoft employee is answering questions
Posted: 1/21/2014 7:54:34 PM

Sabuto78
01-23-2014, 09:07 AM

^

itsamea-mario
01-23-2014, 09:38 AM

Don't trust Tumblr, it's just a website were hormonal girls meet.

4Chan is just a website, it has all kinds of people, you only hear about the bad things because those are the only things that are news worthy, with two boards intended for videogame discussion, it's possible that should someone want to complain about ubi then 4Chan's Anonymity might be appealing.
or maybe not.
Just stop being such a judgmental cow.

ProletariatPleb
01-23-2014, 10:11 AM
I had to join in just for this, lol

You won't understand 4chan if you're not part of that subculture, plain and simple.

killzab
01-23-2014, 10:38 AM

4Chan is just a website, it has all kinds of people, you only hear about the bad things because those are the only things that are news worthy, with two boards intended for videogame discussion, it's possible that should someone want to complain about ubi then 4Chan's Anonymity might be appealing.
or maybe not.

Lol Adventurewomen is a lost cause, don't try to,convince her.

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 10:47 AM
So basically there is no new information on AC5 and we know nothing about the next game, other than the hint in Freedom Cry?

adventurewomen
01-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Not being judgemental, I'm basing my views on what I've seen go on there, my perspective is based on what I've seen and it's not a good one.

Lol Adventurewomen is a lost cause, don't try to,convince her.
Can you just stop being such an ***, you take things too far. I'm tired of your consent harassment it's getting to the point where it seems like your trolling and your self-important attitude not only annoys me but a few other forum members..

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 12:15 PM
Well if it is true,I say the current gen AC will be about Connor and Benjamin Franklins secret pirate fleet(look it up),the next gen game will be in China,modern day protagonist will be black(African American or African) that will play as a Chinese man or woman in the animus.

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 12:25 PM
I think the modern day will take place on board the Altair II:
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121024123527/assassinscreed/images/b/b4/ACI_Altair_II.jpg

killzab
01-23-2014, 12:28 PM
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121024123527/assassinscreed/images/b/b4/ACI_Altair_II.jpg

Not a bad setting IMO.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 12:40 PM
That's cool maybe it can be a mobile animus station used by the assassin's!

DinoSteve1
01-23-2014, 12:50 PM
lol 4chan

Megas_Doux
01-23-2014, 01:31 PM

or maybe not.

That "attack" was certainty NOT needed.

In regards of the "info" itself, other that the homestead stuff, all of it is something thst any fan could have make out with ease.

PD Love the idea of that boat being present in the game.

Consus_E
01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
That's cool maybe it can be a mobile animus used by the assassin's!

Well according to Initiates:
The assassins have an animus if I'm not mistaken. Last I heard the Altair 2 was in Japan.

FreeKnowledge
01-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Nice!I had forgotten!@silent

TheHumanTowel
01-23-2014, 01:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3c8T4vW.png

SixKeys
01-23-2014, 06:21 PM

I remember when this boat was called something else. It was a reference to Star Trek or something. Then they changed it for some reason.

LoyalACFan
01-23-2014, 07:10 PM
I remember when this boat was called something else. It was a reference to Star Trek or something. Then they changed it for some reason.

Nah, it was the registry number. It was the same as the one for the USS Enterprise from The Next Generation.

BATISTABUS
01-24-2014, 01:15 AM
This.

Also, if they did make a game set in China, I highly doubt they would make the protagonist a white guy.

ze_topazio
01-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Also, if they did make a game set in China, I highly doubt they would make the protagonist a white guy.

If they make the game centered around one of the European colonies, they could pull that.

ShoryukenMan
01-24-2014, 02:06 AM
Perhaps the "white guy" is the modern day protagonist?

BATISTABUS
01-24-2014, 03:33 AM
If they make the game centered around one of the European colonies, they could pull that.
There could be a reason for it to work, but considering how progressive Ubi has been, I doubt they'd pull the "white savior/***-kicker dude in an exotic land" cliche. They like exploring a variety of peoples, backgrounds, and groups, so if they had a chance to play with a Chinese Assassin in detail (at least more detail than Shao), I think they'd take it.

Perhaps the "white guy" is the modern day protagonist?
Darby confirmed we wouldn't get anymore 3rd person action, and considering how AC4 handled it, I don't think we'd get a first person perspective if we were playing as a named character. When people talk about the protagonist of an AC game, they're usually referring to the historical character.

I could be wrong. Not sure why you put white guy in quotes, but if this game takes place over a hundred years ago, chances are he'll be white. On the other hand, AC does have a tendency to make all their protagonists at least half-white, so if he were to be given a fully Western name despite being half-Chinese, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Toa TAK
01-24-2014, 04:16 AM
No moar half nonsense. Just go full whatever the race is.

pacmanate
01-24-2014, 04:35 AM

But I want a Chinese/French/German/Welsh/Indian Assassin :(

Toa TAK
01-24-2014, 04:44 AM
But I want a Chinese/French/German/Welsh/Indian Assassin :(

No, purebreeds only!
No mutts! :mad:

BATISTABUS
01-24-2014, 05:47 AM
In the case of Altair, the mixed ethnicity was almost certainly a PR move just so it wasn't a game about an Arab (Levantine) killing Europeans. Other than that, his background served absolutely no purpose in the story.

As for Connor, it seemed to be more of a narrative choice. Even putting Haytham aside, his conflicted background makes his role in the Revolution/Brotherhood less black and white.

Desmond's mixed ethnicity allows Ubisoft to go literally wherever they choose in history.

Aside from that, I don't think it needs to be this way every time. I think people have a good enough understanding of AC at this point. As far as I know, Arbaaz isn't half white and kills mostly British and that worked out just fine.

Mr_Shade
01-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Indeed.

These 'employees' do nothing but excite communities into assuming certain things are true - which then turn out to be untrue - and the company gets the flack, or it starts infighting.. while they walk away scott free...

Anyone can say they are an employee - heck even I could.. oh wait..

I know it's very appealing to believe what is said there, since some opinions will match those of the 'employee' - and many of you would love for things said to be true - however I would suggest against trusting anything said - most is well known information - the other - something that can't be proved..

IF you want to know what has / is happening - I suggest people trust websites that verify sources..

Locking thread, due to subject matter - and the personal insults floating around in here.

If you wish to discuss the subject - I suggest you do so on another site, where it won't affect this community - or there, if you enjoy that type of 'role play'