PDA

View Full Version : human shield?

Jason6661974
01-23-2014, 01:31 AM
The last thing I need to do to get 100% completion is sequence 12, memory 3, where you have to do the human shield thing twice. I don't know how to do it. Any help?
Also, I've found 2 out of the 3 social chests and 1 white whale and I have ZERO friends on uplay.

byte_x
01-23-2014, 03:44 AM
i dont remember the mission you are talking about, however i know how to use human shield. its basically using an enemy as a shield to avoid bullets. i saw gunners, captains and agiles use pistols or rifles so far, and it Works on all 3 of them. when they are shooting, a red target icon will Show up on their heads. approach another enemy and press spacebar before that target thing disappears, and Edward will use the opponent as a human shield. make sure you stay close to other enemies and keep a distance from the gunners tho, otherwise they will prefer close combat.

edit: sorry, i see you are talking about ac iii, so its not Edward, its connor. the system is the same. however, you dont have to do it any differently.

YazX_
01-23-2014, 12:09 PM
as byte_x said, but in AC3, there will be a yellow exclamation mark above enemies heads when attempting to fire, and the camera will automatically focus on them, just find a nearby enemy and press spacebar.

Jason6661974
01-23-2014, 05:44 PM
na, it was ac4. I got it last night though. Can't believe it was that easy and I never noticed the little thing telling me to hit space for human shield. I thought I was done after that but now I have to air tackle the sage. That was a pain in the *** trying to get it before and I gave up and forgot about it until now but thanks for replying. Like I said earlier, I have 2 social chests and one white whale and I don't have any friends on uplay. So there must be another way of getting the royal convoys too. Anybody know how?

Jason6661974
01-23-2014, 06:33 PM
just found the third chest; it was in Havana; said there was 3 hours left.

jeffies04
01-23-2014, 06:38 PM
na, it was ac4. I got it last night though. Can't believe it was that easy and I never noticed the little thing telling me to hit space for human shield. I thought I was done after that but now I have to air tackle the sage. That was a pain in the *** trying to get it before and I gave up and forgot about it until now but thanks for replying. Like I said earlier, I have 2 social chests and one white whale and I don't have any friends on uplay. So there must be another way of getting the royal convoys too. Anybody know how?

As far as tackling the Sage goes, they give you a little leeway with how far away you can be for this mission. Usually you can't tackle until you're pretty close but in this one start trying when you get reasonably close. Edward goes flying through the air pretty far but it satisfies the constraint if you do it from above.

Jason6661974
01-23-2014, 07:30 PM
I've done that memory a few times today already. I even beat him to the top of the building a few times and had to wait on him but I still can't air tackle him. Is there some key I have to press? This video helped me get where I needed to be but I can't tackle him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_49bbDtJ56k

byte_x
01-23-2014, 11:10 PM
you have to press the button you use for counter when enemy is highlighted, i have changed my controls i dont know what default button is. it sucks that the game doesnt tell you how to tackle or disarm when you are just started, it made me replay some missions too. i learned how to tackle when a courier appeared, which was nice.

Jason6661974
01-24-2014, 03:47 AM
The key you have to press is E. Thanks for your help, I didn't know he had to be highlighted too. Did it the first time; STOOPID easy. I thought I was done but it still says 99%. So I looked at it and I have to do that memory in sequence 10 where you stay out of combat while finding Hornigold. That sucks.

Jason6661974
01-24-2014, 05:57 AM
I did everything and thought 100% would show up but it's still says 99. I looked and I have 100 on everything except 24% on legendary ships. I got one of 'em but I guess I gotta get 'em all.

jeffies04
01-24-2014, 01:00 PM
That Hornigold memory gave me grief my first playthrough... but my second one I pretty much focused on my minimap and dodged the yellow vision-cones switching between slow fast and travel speeds. Try not to hit the cliffs though.

Jason6661974
01-24-2014, 03:44 PM
That's what I did. PITA and took a few tries but it finally worked