PDA

View Full Version : Why is MMHK shutting down ???

Lili_Ivanova
01-22-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm curious why are all the servers of the game shutting down? There is still many people that play this game

DonDodge
01-22-2014, 06:58 PM
heroes-online.com

maybe ...? .)

Lord_darko
01-23-2014, 09:38 AM
I'm sure it's not because heroes-online.com (it have it's own development team), it's another cause and most obvious one - loss of players

filipd81
01-23-2014, 03:46 PM
When I played my first server there were 15-20 full teams. If your alliance was among the first 10 you could consider you had a good one. Being in the top 100 dom/wealth/honor was also an achievement. The maps were all colored, I don't remember empty spaces. Most players were subscribers. Now 90% of the players I have played with or against are gone and usually there are only 2 or 3 full teams.

It is incredible how a game with great potential was ruined by few bad managers. Often changes were done half season, they introduced the seals, slowly they cut off of the development team, the forum of the game previously in 4 languages was replaced by this generic forum with only english and russian, the alliance subsites were eliminated. There were so many promises for alliance buildings, new races, and an improved calculator but actually if it was not for jactari and the user scripts the game would have ended much time ago. When the artifact shop and later the legendary stuff were introduced many players promised to leave the game and so they did but I guess the forums were simply ignored and now they will close the servers forever. Did I miss something...

EDIT:
I forgot to mention the disastrous gameplay of S3 PVP servers (rf war) and the overall boring S4 PVE.

AndreanDW
01-23-2014, 04:41 PM
and the boring season-4-PvP-tournament, were the ranks are clear 2 months before the server ends, and nearly no grail attacks are possible during the last months

Co_Ban
01-23-2014, 06:27 PM
So they would rather kill the game than give the players what they ask for. Oh well... 5 more euroaches per month to spend on booze :)
Keep feasting on your carcass you rotten capitalism :)

kre10sak
01-25-2014, 01:31 PM
So they would rather kill the game than give the players what they ask for. Oh well... 5 more euroaches per month to spend on booze :)
Keep feasting on your carcass you rotten capitalism :)

bawahhahahaha

nicely said :))

AndreanDW
01-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Let's meet us on a last full PvP-world: German 'Die Phantompest 4' that started some hours ago !

filipd81
01-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Let's meet us on a last full PvP-world: German 'Die Phantompest 4' that started some hours ago !

It won't end in time. The strategic EU is better because it is 45 days shorter

AndreanDW
01-30-2014, 05:26 PM
but this server will never start ...

filipd81
01-30-2014, 07:18 PM
but this server will never start ...

I rely on the survey. If UBI can afford to give free sub they won't mind to discount the tickets to let's say 100 seals.

AndreanDW
01-31-2014, 02:43 AM
Seems the game is meanwhile only playable on strategy servers; after one day playing I'm the number 5 in honour, having 5% of the leading player with nearly 1M XP after less then 24 hours

filipd81
01-31-2014, 11:01 AM
People say that guys with small d**ks like big cars. I guess it is the same with the big artificially inflated honor scores LOL

zamz
01-31-2014, 11:49 AM
ye, what's the point in starting in one world together. We could do that if we would get enough people that way. But then some idiots realize that there is a full server and come with fully packed heroes and we are @ point 0 again, most seals win :) a FULL normal world would finish in time with multiple alliances, but would be nice to get a seal free world: alliance that controls most grails in the end wins and server end time would be server going down time :) old skoooooooool (which I never unfortunately experienced........) That would be some massive massacres + strategy in the end, considering it would be multiple alliance world :)

But after few years of whining in the forum, do we really get anything ? :)

Sinnie
02-13-2014, 08:53 PM
I haven't logged into here in almost a year I think.

It's sad to hear they're shutting this game down, as other people have mentioned, this game had such good potential. Though people point the finger to seals, legendary heroes/artifacts, S3. I'm afraid you're all wrong.

This game went downhill before season 1 even started. I played two tech beta's, the UK beta, season 1, parts of season 2 and a tiny bit of season 3. The UK beta was by far the best round of this game I ever played. Throughout the beta's we made countless threads which detailed many many changes that would have improved the game; alliance buildings were suggested by us in beta and were never implemented properly. It's such a shame.

Part of it was that the community developers were shifted around all the time, I think we had 4 or 5 (never at the same time) and this meant there was little rapport built, or when it was built, they then left. Then the forums were left to wither. As a sign of how badly they have been managed, I'm still a moderator even though I haven't played properly since season 2 - says a lot I think. I made a thread way back in the beta which collated all the player ideas and we got feedback on them twice (that's about 5 years ago now) and since then I never saw the development team respond directly to player ideas; many of which were very good and fairly essential to making the game better.

Then of course there are the seals and legendary heroes and so on, these just put the nails into the coffin - the lack of interaction with the small community isolated us, the ignoring of our ideas made us feel undervalued and then the implementation of terrible ideas just drove us away.

I really do miss this game, the beta's were so much fun and I was excited to get in on the ground floor of a new game that had potential. But there we go. Maybe I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself?

If the developers really are reading this, there is actually a way you could save this game tomorrow. Remove the city/hero limit on free to play, scale back the seals (or remove them) and remove all the overpowered/pay to win features. Make mega worlds again, big enough for 5k players again. E-mail everyone who ever played this game and tell them it's like the beta all over again (no limits on play). Then introduce a subscription with one purpose only - for cosmetic and helpful things - there was a thread we made ages ago with tons of non pay to win features you could easily charge for and people would pay it! League of Legends was the shining example of precisely how to do it, you were released at similar times and yet somehow you completely missed the mark.