PDA

View Full Version : Hosting in Forgotten Battles via router or DSL

VF-152_LedDeath
12-28-2003, 02:51 PM
There is a problem with ubi gameservice hosting of Forgotten Battles when playing behind a router or a dsl connection. GS passes the local ip when hosting behind a router or no ip when hosting behind dsl. This is NOT a port forwarding problem as the proper ports are forwarded. I can host Raven Shield and Lockon via the ubi lobby. I can also host Forgotten Battles via Hyper Lobby using the router. This problem also exists for everyone as I have found no one who can host in the FB lobby that uses a router or dsl connection. Please DO NOT send me your standard list of ports to forward in the router. Thank you.

VF-152_LedDeath
12-28-2003, 02:51 PM
There is a problem with ubi gameservice hosting of Forgotten Battles when playing behind a router or a dsl connection. GS passes the local ip when hosting behind a router or no ip when hosting behind dsl. This is NOT a port forwarding problem as the proper ports are forwarded. I can host Raven Shield and Lockon via the ubi lobby. I can also host Forgotten Battles via Hyper Lobby using the router. This problem also exists for everyone as I have found no one who can host in the FB lobby that uses a router or dsl connection. Please DO NOT send me your standard list of ports to forward in the router. Thank you.

Petrosky
12-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Hello I cant give the details, but had same troubles. Went to net provider told them troubles and they fixed something to do with router has different ip than your computer. So must know ip of router to make work hope this helps <S>

BBB_Hyperion
12-28-2003, 09:05 PM
This is the case since ubi updated their client software it worked perfect before. Any Mails to support came out with no results or we are working on it . As i am behind a router too i find it pretty annoying not to be able to host anymore.
It works perfectly on HL . But seems not on UBI question is why this issue is not adressed since a long time ?. And it was possible to host before so where was the need to change it ?

Regards,
Hyperion

CARBONFREEZE
12-29-2003, 05:05 AM
I believe this has been an issue with UBI.com since FB 1.11. Requires you to change some registry entries (then angain it could be something else completely, its 3am here).

Get ahold of me on HL (WUAF_CARBONFRZ or WUAF_CO_CRBNFRZ) and I can give you the reg keys.

Russian aircraft require skill to fly.
German aircraft require ten times that skill, and one hundred times the patience!

WUAF_CO_CRBNFRZ on HyperLobby

LW_lcarp
12-29-2003, 05:14 AM
Its not a registry Problem its with UBI game service. If you try to host behind a router others are not able to jion your game. This has been a long standing problem but Ubi sits on it like nothing is wrong.