PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS!] Base set 2

Uraxor
01-17-2014, 12:59 AM
Quotes gathered throughout forums (and possibly streams).
If anything comes up I don't catch, post it here with its source and I'll update the thread.

Necro had a problem at its core that made it hard to create new good cards for it. I think now is a good time to bring them back to the spotlight :)

We are aware of the issue [with recasted Uniques] and should have a solution coming with the new Base Set.

It's really hard to fix a problem for low ELO without upsetting the higher ELOs. It's just better to find other solutions, like better matchmaking and a friendly environment for Timmy and Johnny players. It's an ongoing problem, but we're not blind to it.
Source (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/824018-Balance-and-Metagame-problems-Discussion-Thread?p=9490333&viewfull=1#post9490333)

First, Base set 1 cards won't disappear, they will just be harder to get (that's what I meant by rarity) but they should all be available in the Altar of Wishes, so no worries if you miss a Pao or a Dark Assassin. For new players, Base Set 2 will be very good, because new starter decks will be better balanced with better cards for each faction. New players will still be able to get older cards using the Altar as well.
Source (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/819047-Developers-Bulletin-Dec-2013?p=9473750&viewfull=1#post9473750)

Sam's Answer: We are working on a UI overhaul including adding filters to many different screens and a better overall experience in our deck builder. (Preview Link (http://i.imgur.com/sWEOawU.jpg))

Sam's Answer: There is nothing definite on the number of expansions planned for 2014. The model we created last year seems to be working well, so we'll continue to evaluate and hope to produce more awesome new content on a similar schedule this year.

Sam's Answer: [A] longer campaign [is] something the team is working really hard on right now and it should be part (finger crossed) of the next release!

Sam's Answer: [Five Towers expansion] is the first step of our vision for buildings and more can be explored with them in the future.
Source (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/822956-DoC-Producer-answers-community-questions-%28Includes-first-picture-of-new-game-UI!%29?p=9477370&viewfull=1#post9477370g)

A Base Set, for example, is a good place to buff/nerf existing cards. We can't do too many of these changes at one time, too. Right now, Base Set 2 has a couple of changes here and there, not more than 5 cards so far, that are going to change. There are new overall rules that affects the whole game too. Changing 1 card has a cost and we have to decide if it's worth it compared to what else we have to do.
Source (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/820033-Will-weak-cards-ever-be-buffed?p=9489775&viewfull=1#post9489775)

The next update is huge, we'll have to see its impact before we start working on other solutions. [Various game modes]
Source (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/820033-Will-weak-cards-ever-be-buffed?p=9490008&viewfull=1#post9490008)

We can't say anything about new expansion for the moment, but Base Set 2 will come in a few months!
Source: Team Stream 24/1 with JasonParadise

Of course, all these are my estimations of possible 'leaks'.
We might - or might not - see these sentences come true in Base set 2. Or maybe they will come out in a completely different way than we expected.
Share your guesses!

Irgy_
01-17-2014, 02:14 AM
First, Base set 1 cards won't disappear, they will just be harder to get (that's what I meant by rarity) but they should all be available in the Altar of Wishes, so no worries if you miss a Pao or a Dark Assassin

That makes it sound like there may eventually be cards you can only get at the Altar. I don't really like that idea, though it won't matter much to me. It makes me wonder whether, once rotation and multiple formats comes (which that future interface screenshot suggests is at least being considered) whether some older sets won't even be available in the shop eventually?

You could also read that quote as suggesting that Pao and DA specifically are at least likely to be two of the cards to be dropped from the new base set...

Blitz556
01-17-2014, 06:40 AM
Yeah seems like Pao and/or DA are getting dropped from the new base set. My guess is the dropped cards are more likely to be cards that are considered staple rather than the "weak" ones, otherwise none would bother spending wildcards to get them.

The bigger question is how much would these dropped cards cost at the altar? Will they end up costing as much as FW or FT cards? Or are the costs gonna remain unchanged... okay that may just wishful thinking I guess.

L0rnCyador
01-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Yeah seems like Pao and/or DA are getting dropped from the new base set. My guess is the dropped cards are more likely to be cards that are considered staple rather than the "weak" ones, otherwise none would bother spending wildcards to get them.

The bigger question is how much would these dropped cards cost at the altar? Will they end up costing as much as FW or FT cards? Or are the costs gonna remain unchanged... okay that may just wishful thinking I guess.

As long as they don't remove the RTP Deck, New Players will have no problems getting DAs and Paos, even if they are dropped from Base Set 2.

ElkazFATE
01-17-2014, 05:06 PM
I didn't saw spoiler of date of relese. Where is it? :P

Uraxor
01-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Added Sam's answers from the AMA!
(Thanks to Kimmundi for reminding me of that eh...)

@FATE: 2nd Sam's answer is the best pointer we have so far (afaik).

L0Rd; I kinda doubt the RTP deck will remain in the Shop for so long...

ullandon
01-19-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm worried how this will affect achievements like own all cards from the base set if the set is tampered with and some of it's card are moved to the 2nd base set. Should i rush some of the achievements through the altar to get them before any changes?

WarlordThuran
01-22-2014, 06:25 AM
hm, likely those achievs will be updated to "get all cards in base set 2" instead, and if you already had it for base set 1 then it will already be completed? Just speculating, as it would make sense.

And if it isnt the case, they better damn warn us a month or three ahead of time ><

sir_z
01-23-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm trying to push through the last few cards for "pimped out deck" either way. If they change it to base set 2, and some of the cards don't carry over it'll be even longer before I finish it, and if they don't change it, who knows how hard it will be to finish it, or if it'll even be possible since you can't get premiums from the altar.

ullandon
01-23-2014, 08:37 PM
I really hope they don't mess up the entire system just to get a 2nd base set out. They just shot themselves in the foot by naming the starting cards "first" base set. Now they have to deliver a 2nd one one day...

PengthePenguin
01-23-2014, 08:39 PM
If they're going to combine all the old sets into the base set 2, would they allow new players to pick Sanctuary / Academy as their first faction? That'd be quite cool, noobies would feel they have more options to start with :)

Xerxes_Aragon
01-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Sam's Answer: [A] longer campaign [is] something the team is working really hard on right now and it should be part (finger crossed) of the next release!

This is what I'm waiting for. I'll never be competitive on the PvP level, something I learned LONG ago playing MTG, Jyhad (VTES) and a few other CCGs. Just don't have that deck building knack, and I don't like to just build a clone of a deck that someone else invented so I'm not going to buy the champion's deck in the store. So a more extensive campaign mode is really my preference. I can deal with tweaking my decks here and there to get past the campaign challenges.

Uraxor
01-24-2014, 10:10 PM
We can't say anything about new expansion for the moment, but Base Set 2 will come in a few months!
Source: Team Stream 24/1 with JasonParadise

Kimundi
01-31-2014, 10:36 AM
LIES, LIES & LIES. Just kidding, nice work of investigation! Stay tuned, we'll get into more details soon :D

GustavXIII
01-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Dear Kimmundi, i would really like to punch you every time one of the CM's say "soon" :mad: Or you can gladly transer 100 seals on my account for every " soon" :rolleyes:

Thank you for this thread Uraxor.

Kimundi
01-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Soon. Really Soon. Stay Tuned ;)

We love you guys, but we can't reveal unfinished/unvalidated things, we know you are ready to jump on us for a piece of info, and it's really tempting to just give you infos, but we have processes to respect. But we, the CM team, have been asking to be able to do so, so stay tuned :D

GustavXIII
01-31-2014, 11:56 AM
Nice trolling :D See you soon.....oh wait

VampFury
01-31-2014, 08:09 PM
Gustav +300 seals
Kimmundi + 100 seals

continue... :P