PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag with keyboard and mouse

lawsjr
01-16-2014, 05:22 AM
I can play Assassin's Creed 3 with no problems. I have a bunch of flight sim hardware hooked up and don't have any problems with Assassin's Creed 3. But when I just got Black flag and try to play it, my mouse will not work in game, it keeps trying to use the flight sim hardware which will not work. I can't get a response back from Ubisoft on a way to fix it and i am not going to go buy an xbox controller just to play this game. I am also not going to unplug all of the flight sim hardware just to play one game. Not worth it.. Anyone have any ideas on what do to help?

Thanks

YazX_
01-16-2014, 12:20 PM
your flight sim driver is hijacking the mouse and reporting to the game that this is the current hardware to use, AC4 removed the option to choose whether you want to use a controller or K/M like AC3 and auto detects it instead.

you can try to modify the Assassin4.ini file located inside this folder:

C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

find this line:

[Input]
SelectedInput=XXXXXXX

Changed it to:

[Input]
SelectedInput=KeyboardMouse2

lawsjr
01-17-2014, 12:21 AM
cool. thank you.. made the change and will see what happens.

lawsjr
01-17-2014, 01:51 AM
Changed that line, but everytime I start the game it looks for and finds the HOTAS stuff I have and changed the SlectedInput line back to HOTAS.

Any ideas?

YazX_
01-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Changed that line, but everytime I start the game it looks for and finds the HOTAS stuff I have and changed the SlectedInput line back to HOTAS.

Any ideas?

well your only option is to disable your flight sim driver from Device Manager as you dont want to unplug it. (to re-enable it , press F5 or click on scan for hardware changes in device manager)

Carthoris26
01-17-2014, 07:20 PM

Any ideas?

Set your Assassin4.ini file to read-only and see what happens.

lawsjr
01-22-2014, 05:49 AM
I did that. it still finds my throttle. So more or less looks like I have a frigging useless game on the pc. The really screwed up AS4. I could play AC3 all day with no problems. Guess they have stopped supporting PC users and games. Not going to delete all the drivers and unplug to play one game, NOT worth it. Anyone want to buy AC4? Not to mention their customer support really stinks. Posted a ticket there 10 days ago and nothing at all. That is about right for the quality of game they have.

YazX_
01-22-2014, 01:19 PM
I did that. it still finds my throttle. So more or less looks like I have a frigging useless game on the pc. The really screwed up AS4. I could play AC3 all day with no problems. Guess they have stopped supporting PC users and games. Not going to delete all the drivers and unplug to play one game, NOT worth it. Anyone want to buy AC4? Not to mention their customer support really stinks. Posted a ticket there 10 days ago and nothing at all. That is about right for the quality of game they have.

i dont know why you are making a big deal of this issue, yes sure this is an issue with the game and they should've let you select your input same as AC3 instead of auto-detecting it as some hardware hijacks the input and reports its the primary device, but the fix for it is so simple and needs 3 mouse clicks on device manager. no one said to uninstall the driver, just disable it when you play AC4 and re-enable it when you are done!

who knows, several people reported same issue and there might be a patch to let you choose your input, until then you have to settle with the workarounds provided, yes i know it sucks but at least there is a workaround.

lawsjr
01-23-2014, 01:50 AM
I have seven different flight control devices hooked up so it isn't so simple as just a few mouse clicks and not all are that easy to find in the device manager, so to me yea it is a big deal. but thanks anyway.

YazX_
01-23-2014, 12:15 PM
I have seven different flight control devices hooked up so it isn't so simple as just a few mouse clicks and not all are that easy to find in the device manager, so to me yea it is a big deal. but thanks anyway.

either you find it under "human interface devices" or "sound,video or game controllers" categories, if you would like further help, take a screenshot and post here and state the name/model of your flight sim and i will help you out.

lawsjr
01-24-2014, 01:06 AM
it is there alone with the other 15 HID devices.. I went through them one by one last night.

YazX_
01-24-2014, 01:46 AM
Gr8!, can you now play the game without problems?

jaybz00
06-29-2014, 04:16 AM
I have a similar problem. I do have a bunch of USB input devices hooked up but even after disconnecting all of the devices I won't use, the mouse and keyboard still does not respond. Now I'm trying to play the game on a laptop but I'm trying to use an external mouse and keyboard because my laptop isn't positioned conveniently to let me use the built in keyboard. So I didn't disconnect the external keyboard and mouse but the external and built in ones don't work regardless.

So I'm basically stuck at the "Press any key" screen unless I use my gamepad. Unfortunately the mapping on my gamepad is a mess so I can't use it to play either.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I tried editing the .ini file already and that didn't help. I also found a way to disable my laptop's track pad such that the device manager only shows exactly 3 input devices, built in keyboard, external keyboard and external mouse. Nothing worked for me so far.

t3nman
11-08-2014, 05:56 PM
I have a similar problem. I do have a bunch of USB input devices hooked up but even after disconnecting all of the devices I won't use, the mouse and keyboard still does not respond. Now I'm trying to play the game on a laptop but I'm trying to use an external mouse and keyboard because my laptop isn't positioned conveniently to let me use the built in keyboard. So I didn't disconnect the external keyboard and mouse but the external and built in ones don't work regardless.

So I'm basically stuck at the "Press any key" screen unless I use my gamepad. Unfortunately the mapping on my gamepad is a mess so I can't use it to play either.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I tried editing the .ini file already and that didn't help. I also found a way to disable my laptop's track pad such that the device manager only shows exactly 3 input devices, built in keyboard, external keyboard and external mouse. Nothing worked for me so far.

Check Razer Booster, it could be messing up by launching an xboxstat file. Try turning off

Sububisemperub
12-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Check Razer Booster, it could be messing up by launching an xboxstat file. Try turning off

After hours of searching I found this answer and it worked.

force assassinís creed keyboard and mouse control
Made the following reply on another thread, but also found this one on my Google search, so here's the answer:

I know it's been a while since this was asked, but I've been looking for an answer myself... Finally figured it out on my own!
Pretty simple, but really stupid that we have to do this manually and that there's no option in the game for this.
Step 1: Goto your Documents folder
Step 2: Goto its subfolder called Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Step 3: Open Assassin4.ini (might want to make a backup copy...)
Step 4: Find all categories that are joystick-related. (by category, I mean anything like [Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB] or [Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB DefaultBindings])
Step 5: Change ALL non -1 entries to 0 (except VendorID and ProductID)
Step 6: Save and exit the ini
Step 7: Start AC4BF and enjoy game controller-free pillaging!

Thanks

After hours of searching I found this answer and it worked.