PDA

View Full Version : Not Really Happy, Black Flag Isn't Fun Anymore

Shifty-Gears
01-15-2014, 07:53 AM
I loved BlackFlag and running Kennway up in rank and getting my ship outfitted to be BA, but then it died with only a silly chick pirate addon and then the slave dlc hit and I thought OK Cool this could be fun but NO it wasn't, what happened to the original story line and Kennway .?.

I feel like a pirate that was washed ashore and left to die

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2014, 08:00 AM
I don't know, pal. Have you tried replaying the game from scratch? I'm on my 7th playthrough yet I'm still having as much fun. It's no doubt the best funnest AC to date.

Perhaps you're not very interested in the story or just washed up by AC's constant annual releases. It's understandable either way. :(

Frag_Maniac
01-15-2014, 11:42 AM
My opinion is if it weren't for the many hours of playtime one full play through takes when doing all the side stuff, it would leave you feeling as described, mostly due to Ubi's never having any difficulty levels in AC games. I guess some of that empty feeling is the contrast of the swashbuckling and the somewhat sad ending, but there's also that feeling that much of what you've done is run self serving errands that in the end, leave both the player and Edward feeling empty.