PDA

View Full Version : Guide Request

AlVengeance
01-14-2014, 04:35 AM
While I appreciate the time, effort, and help from the people making these guides, it seems to me that most of them do not offer much useful help for various reasons.

1) I can't hear the person talking over the sound of the game.
2) They speak with voices that aren't very easy to pay attention to
3) They don't know the names of anything they are telling you.

For instance, "You want this Perk....I don't know what it is called...." That....does not help me at all.
"This weapon adds Parrying...that's good, I think, because it is...um....something special your guy can do. Actually, I don't even know what it means...."

What would be really helpful is a guide that actually walks you through setting up a character, with what perks might be best suited for the kind of fighter you want to make. For example if I am just starting out and I want to make a two handed sword guy, what is the best damage rating guy I can get on the lowest level of guy (white name), and so on. Obviously an entry level Gladiator with only one perk slot isn't going to depend on perks that much but...I am at a point now where I can get 4 perks on a gladiator. With how much they cost to fix, it would be great to not blow the gold on the gladiator only to delete him later because I messed up the perks, or to blow gold on replacing perks I should not have gotten.

I personally would also like a written guide. If you are going to make a video walkthrough, please make sure we can actually hear you and please know what you are talking about when you record it. Thank you!

DireHit
01-14-2014, 11:01 AM
You can and should plan ahead with perks for a guy you plan on keeping around a for a while, just go to the spartacus legends wiki, and just click the perks tab. You should see all the perks available and what they do. You could always post here for questions most peeps are willing to help to the best of their knowledge. :)

icpfan76
01-14-2014, 10:29 PM
hey al listen man im a lvl 50 with 3500 fights under my belt and self acclaimed king of the two hand sword lol if ur looking to build that guy and ya got a purple guy now ya wanna go with the ignore pain perk the beneath my feat perk and the other two are up to u on what u want you want more damage which is always good go with jupiters might ya want more health go with i think its called appollos blessing ya want a higher rating which gives u more reward when u win go with luck of jupiter the ones ya kinda wanna stay away from are any of the ones that involve crowd favor personaly i find them to just be flat out garbage

AlVengeance
01-15-2014, 02:26 AM
Thank you both for your replies.

I am currently working on a data base of all character stats for the levels I can attain (white, green, blue, purple) as far as base stats. That way people new to the game can see just how good a start up character is. I am coming away with some rather interesting results and there is a good 5 or so points of rating differences or more in fighters of the same weapon class. For instance I have seen a 11 rated dual dagger guy, and another rated 17. All in the stats. After I collect more data I will post it on here in a guide and just edit it as I get newer information.

As for the Perks Guide from wiki, I actually posted it on here for people to look at. Now it is just a matter of figuring out which ones are a good fit for the fighter you want to build.

I would say that my next most successful gladiators were a two handed sword and a dual sword guy. Both were able to win me some matches against human opponents, but on the regular portion of the game they only got me to Mercatus and could go no further. Of course these were green guys. I may try a build with them later on when I am able to unlock higher level fighters. I am close to fame 18 now.

The fame booster I found useful for a limited time. It helps you get kills faster at lower levels when you have no other perks. You're right though, it has kind of run out of its usefulness. I also don't think it is very useful to get the perks that are good against one particular type of fighter (dull edge, neptune's assassin, shield breaker). While they may be very good against those classes, it does you absolutely no good against any other types. This would be good only for specialized fighting and when you go against another human, you never know what you will be up against.

AlVengeance
01-15-2014, 02:28 AM
You can and should plan ahead with perks for a guy you plan on keeping around a for a while, just go to the spartacus legends wiki, and just click the perks tab. You should see all the perks available and what they do. You could always post here for questions most peeps are willing to help to the best of their knowledge. :)

I found that and thank you for it. I guess what I am getting at is going from that perk list and seeing what is useful for your particular type of fighter. There are some that are no-brainers and then others where I am not so sure if it would be really of any use to me. I am sure for a lot of classes weapon speed boots and damage dealing boosts would be a good idea.