PDA

View Full Version : DLC 1/14 "Oasis 5 Pack"

toymachinesh
01-14-2014, 04:13 AM
Oasis Song Pack – $11.99

Oasis “Champagne Supernova” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3C7DECI0jU) (E Standard: A443)
Oasis “Live Forever” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_2mWhfOhGU) (E Standard: A449)
Oasis “Some Might Say” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLR3FRaFsQ) (E Standard: A450)
Oasis “Supersonic” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p29MG7wn4F8) (E Standard)
Oasis “Wonderwall” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc) (Capo Required)

​http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-dlc-114-oasis-wonderwall/

CaliCasey
01-14-2014, 04:44 AM
Awesome pack. Can't wait to play it.

RokDog007
01-14-2014, 04:50 AM
better job as to offering a bands hits than last week for sure......

I'll have to get the pack as a lot of them songs are gonna re-ignite memories
from my clubbing days in the 90's

rcole_sooner
01-14-2014, 04:56 AM
Never listened to Oasis before this week's challenge song, but I must have heard it somewhere, it does sound familiar. I like this week's Oasis song. I will be checking those out.

SeattleSauve
01-14-2014, 04:56 AM
I like the picks, but probably won't get any, I'm trying to minimize the 'slightly off E standard tuning' songs in my catalog as I am lazy in terms of tunings.

BazzTard61
01-14-2014, 05:03 AM
once again they release a single song,only to find out it is part of a pack a week later, it's a blatant rippoff, now i have to buy the other 4 songs individually at $4.50 !.....or not! I'm not giving Ubisoft my money this time, Oasis is just a Beatles coverband anyway........(waits for the abuse) hehe

toymachinesh
01-14-2014, 05:09 AM
They didn't mean to release that song last week.

MoldyRhyme94061
01-14-2014, 05:16 AM
Very cool. I will definitely be picking up the full pack. I'm trying to learn bass will I also need a capo for Wonderwall?

pedietz
01-14-2014, 05:30 AM
Never listened to Oasis before this week's challenge song, but I must have heard it somewhere, it does sound familiar. I like this week's Oasis song. I will be checking those out.

Oasis' claim to fame was saying they were better than the Beatles.

dm_gsxr
01-14-2014, 05:33 AM
I've heard of them, mainly the sibling fighting I guess. I thought he was the lead for Van Halen III but I was mistaken. And the Wonderwall song is something I've heard at one time or another. Still, I'll likely get the pack. You can't always tell what might be fun from a guitar or bass perspective :)

Carl

dm_gsxr
01-14-2014, 05:34 AM

I thought that was Toto?

Carl

ablesdw
01-14-2014, 06:05 AM
I guess 5-packs are the norm now. Better get used to spending 12 bucks each week.

toymachinesh
01-14-2014, 06:22 AM
Very cool. I will definitely be picking up the full pack. I'm trying to learn bass will I also need a capo for Wonderwall?

I don't think so. I can check that later tonight though

thoman23
01-14-2014, 07:33 AM

And therefore by the transitive property of ******baggery, bigger/better than Jesus.

thoman23
01-14-2014, 07:35 AM
better job as to offering a bands hits than last week for sure......

Man, no kidding. They went right for the hits. No new crap. There are now 4 tracks total off (What's The Story) Morning Glory? That's got to be the most from any one album in the game right?

Marauder359
01-14-2014, 07:45 AM
once again they release a single song,only to find out it is part of a pack a week later, it's a blatant rippoff, now i have to buy the other 4 songs individually at $4.50 !.....or not! I'm not giving Ubisoft my money this time, Oasis is just a Beatles coverband anyway........(waits for the abuse) hehe

Your schtick of playing stupid and then complaining is getting a bit old. It was specifically, in no uncertain terms, stated in this very forum, in threads I know for a fact you saw, that the single Oasis song mistakenly released last week was just that, mistakenly released... at which point, Toy immediately started the new thread for 1/14 DLC... If you then chose to buy that single song, who is at fault? Of course, according to you, it's Ubisoft... never you... no, never you...

You don't get to have it every which way. Either you are paying so close attention to what is being released that you want to complain about not getting it on time, or you don't pay attention and get duped into buying a single song that was released by your **** network when that was clearly a mistake. You don't get to do both. Either pay attention and complain, or don't pay attention and complain. I don't think anyone is interested in you paying attention when you shouldn't and ignoring things when you should be paying attention and then complaining to us about them.

Take responsibility for your own actions once in a while, particularly when you frequent this forum and what was happening was never a mystery here.

KinchBlade
01-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Ooh first really conflicted DLC decision of RS14. Not a fan (to say the least) but the guitar parts sound fun, but that tool's vocals are really painful for this vacillating customer. I'd definitely buy them if RS had vocal muting - I wish some game had that! :-)

Edit: Maurader is right - even the dogs in the street knew that was an accident last week and almost certain to be part of a pack at some point.

armoury_R1
01-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Whole pack for me. I've always rather liked Oasis, even if the Gallaghers were twits. I have to admit, the first time I heard Don't Look Back in Anger, i thought it was some hitherto unreleased track by the Beatles.

The Who, Aerosmith, and now Oasis. RS is on a roll with DLC (IMHO), making 'the other game' seem really out of it even ahead of their headline debut release of Hendrix (which admittedly is a very cool get by them).

KinchBlade
01-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Whole pack for me. I've always rather liked Oasis, even if the Gallaghers were twits. I have to admit, the first time I heard Don't Look Back in Anger, i thought it was some hitherto unreleased track by the Beatles.

The Who, Aerosmith, and now Oasis. RS is on a roll with DLC (IMHO), making 'the other game' seem really out of it even ahead of their headline debut release of Hendrix (which admittedly is a very cool get by them).

Lol... The Who, Aerosmith and Oasis (most likely) are the only RS14 DLC that I haven't bought to date. And yet somehow the sun still rises - I do love weekly DLC, it really takes the sting out of a 'bad' run.

RichTheMighty
01-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Oasis Song Pack – $11.99

Oasis “Champagne Supernova” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3C7DECI0jU) (E Standard: A443)
Oasis “Live Forever” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_2mWhfOhGU) (E Standard: A449)
Oasis “Some Might Say” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLR3FRaFsQ) (E Standard: A450)
Oasis “Supersonic” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p29MG7wn4F8) (E Standard)
Oasis “Wonderwall” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc) (Capo Required)

​http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-dlc-114-oasis-wonderwall/

Well happy with this pack, I was convinced there would be some filler songs from the later albums.

Monsieur Samson
01-14-2014, 02:20 PM

Don't forget the Muse pack ;)

bubka122
01-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Well happy with this pack, I was convinced there would be some filler songs from the later albums.

Well I was convinced they would have added some songs from Beady Eye's latest album :P

winemakermianba
01-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Oasis?

No thanks. Their songs really annoy me for some reason.

The Magic Yeti
01-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Would have been nice if they added to the description of Wonderwall that a capo is required. Never knew it required a capo, but I've ordered myself a capo from Amazon so I can play it.

SH-elx
01-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Man, no kidding. They went right for the hits. No new crap. There are now 4 tracks total off (What's The Story) Morning Glory? That's got to be the most from any one album in the game right?

This ties them with Rush, with 4 tracks off of Moving Pictures (Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ and Limelight)

Easy__Kill
01-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Oasis?

No thanks. Their songs really annoy me for some reason.

Same here. They sound nasally and way to whiney to me. Then again I'm an old fart. I'm looking forward to more classic rock and roll.

Marauder359
01-14-2014, 07:13 PM

And isn't that the biggest indicator of all that those other bands have other DLC packs in store for our future while Oasis does not? At least that's how it reasons out in my head... If they only have enough to support a single pack, release the hounds. If they have enough grade A material to support several packs with a few new releases peppered in, they'll hold some of the goodness to anchor a future pack... I thought that before, I think that even more after seeing the contents of this pack.

cungar1001
01-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Would have been nice if they added to the description of Wonderwall that a capo is required. Never knew it required a capo, but I've ordered myself a capo from Amazon so I can play it.

If you plan on playing any guitar beyond this game it will be an essential tool anyway.

The Magic Yeti
01-14-2014, 08:41 PM
If you plan on playing any guitar beyond this game it will be an essential tool anyway.

Yeah I would have picked one up sooner or later I guess.

ceestewart
01-14-2014, 09:59 PM
This is a bit of a tough call for me. I can't stand Gallaghers in general and I burned out on Wonderwall and especially Champagne Supernova back in the 90's. I'll probably hold off for now and eventually buy them during the inevitable binge.

raynebc
01-14-2014, 10:05 PM
I was going to go no DLC this week but I noticed some new Japanese rock offerings. I really wish they would make that a permanent thing and have more JDLC every couple weeks for the long term.

thoman23
01-14-2014, 11:28 PM
I bought the entire pack immediately, but have just been playing Champagne Supernova over and over, alternating between Lead and Rhythm. At some point I'll stop and try the other songs. :)

The rhythm arrangement is good practice for me to get used to the using the thumb to fret the bass note.

Alfred Prufrock
01-14-2014, 11:31 PM
I would get this, but I'm done with the off-tuning songs I think. I can see how they work for people who spend a lot of time on a single song, but I'm the kind of guy who likes to play a whole bunch of different songs every time I plug in my guitar, and I've already broken two strings just switching between minor and standard.

Marauder359
01-15-2014, 12:08 AM
I would get this, but I'm done with the off-tuning songs I think. I can see how they work for people who spend a lot of time on a single song, but I'm the kind of guy who likes to play a whole bunch of different songs every time I plug in my guitar, and I've already broken two strings just switching between minor and standard.

Are you stretching your new strings after you put them on?

toymachinesh
01-15-2014, 12:22 AM
One of the best intermediate guitar packs

bubka122
01-15-2014, 12:24 AM
Is this anything for a semi-beginner? Apart from Wonderwall of course :p

toymachinesh
01-15-2014, 12:31 AM
Supersonic isn't too hard

ghmorello
01-15-2014, 01:37 AM
What happens if you play Wonderwall with no capo? Does it only attract the ugly chicks?

zaxcv4321
01-15-2014, 04:25 AM
Someone needs to go back in time and give those lads a tuning fork.

Goooner1
01-15-2014, 09:00 AM
A question about the slightly off tunings.

Why?

Is it a deliberate decision by the artist and if so, is it just an artistic thing or is there a valid musical reason for it? Or were they just out of tune when they recorded and nobody dared tell them? :)

I understand alt tunings and I understand the use of a capo, it's just these slightly sharp tunings that puzzle me.

I can normally tell if my guitar is a bit out of tune by ear, but in the case of Champagne Supernova, it's only 3 cents sharp, so if you haven't got perfect pitch would most people even notice?

This isn't a complaint about all the different tunings in the game, I'm genuinely curious as to the reason for them on the actual songs.

daddy_felix
01-15-2014, 09:28 AM
I really wish they would make that a permanent thing and have more JDLC every couple weeks for the long term.

they release japanese Songs every other week.

Is it a deliberate decision by the artist and if so, is it just an artistic thing or is there a valid musical reason for it?

They want to sound a little bit "different". Don't have another reason.

DaveSpoons
01-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Bought the pack and I'm really enjoying it, the slightly off tunings are a pain in the proverbial, but for someone who is just trying to break out of being a beginner and whose fingers are not particularly lightening fast yet it's a joy to get some slower melodic lead parts.

It probably helps that I'm from the UK and the "right age"/old enough to have bought the records and seen them live back in the day ;)

CrazedRacer
01-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Listened to the other songs. I liked them, but not enough to actually want to master them. Bought Champagne Supernova and Wonderwall and am loving them. Over the 2 week break from DLC (not a Weezer fan), I'm gonna work in Bandfuse a little to see if it was a complete waste of money or not.

armoury_R1
01-15-2014, 03:52 PM

Why?

Is it a deliberate decision by the artist and if so, is it just an artistic thing or is there a valid musical reason for it? Or were they just out of tune when they recorded and nobody dared tell them? :)

I understand alt tunings and I understand the use of a capo, it's just these slightly sharp tunings that puzzle me.

I can normally tell if my guitar is a bit out of tune by ear, but in the case of Champagne Supernova, it's only 3 cents sharp, so if you haven't got perfect pitch would most people even notice?

This isn't a complaint about all the different tunings in the game, I'm genuinely curious as to the reason for them on the actual songs.

They want to sound a little bit "different". Don't have another reason.

It occurs to me, now that we're wrestling with Don't Look Back In Anger in the challenge: what about other instruments? It's easy enough to re-tune two or three guitars (and the bass), but a piano is a whole other kettle of fish to re-tune, and Don't Look Back In Anger clearly has one. Unless they used an electronic piano/keyboard, and you can program it to play sharp?

dm_gsxr
01-15-2014, 04:11 PM

Why?

I always figured it was something the sound engineers did. "This sounds ok but if you speed it up a touch, it sounds much better."

Carl

zaxcv4321
01-15-2014, 04:12 PM
It occurs to me, now that we're wrestling with Don't Look Back In Anger in the challenge: what about other instruments? It's easy enough to re-tune two or three guitars (and the bass), but a piano is a whole other kettle of fish to re-tune, and Don't Look Back In Anger clearly has one. Unless they used an electronic piano/keyboard, and you can program it to play sharp?

It might be that the piano was mistuned sharp and the rest of the band tuned to the piano in studio. I know a piano tuner that used an old style fork, and said some older (or crappier) forks can get sharp due to a variety of reasons.

dm_gsxr
01-15-2014, 04:16 PM

You've broken two strings? Are they the same strings? Are you using old strings maybe? Hardware problem with the guitar? I've been playing the same bass strings since the Bass pack came out and the only time I've broken strings on my guitars is when I was way way overbending a frustrating song or two.

You might have that looked in to.

Carl

spaceboss
01-15-2014, 05:21 PM

Yeah, either they tuned to the piano, or it the tape was sped up by a hair. Before the modern age of cheap, plentiful, and accurate tuners; many bands tuned to each other. It makes playing along to old AC/DC albums somewhat irritating. I would think that the game tech could compensate for this if they wanted to. The game can dramatically slow down songs without changing pitch, so they should be able to slightly change pitch without slowing down (unless they are prohibited from doing that in their publishing agreements).

I don't mind re-tuning though. I never break strings either.

guest205
01-15-2014, 05:24 PM
How do you guys like the authentic tone for wonderwall?

To me it sounds really bad. I don't judge on authenticity but how it sounds to me.
I like the original recording and in general I think the tones in Rocksmith sound good if not great - but this one, not so much.

(Most of) the chords are registering as correct, but they still sound weird - like out of a tin can and out of tune. Obviously if the chords register it doesn't automatically mean they sound 100% fantastic, but still I don't have this with any other song (The other Oasis songs included - they sound wonderful to my ear).

So I'm wondering if it's just personal preference.

cungar1001
01-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Yeah I don't like the Wonderwall Tone. I also don't like that it doesn't like my strum pattern which I think is pretty accurate. I get a MISS after like half the chord changes.

Any tips on how to avoid those random misses during rhythm strum sections?

raynebc
01-15-2014, 07:47 PM
they release japanese Songs every other week.
Not permanently they don't. They've only announced a limited number of Japanese songs that will be released as DLC.

shihdo
01-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Played wonderwall in the game and it didnt sound too bad, but tried it on my acoustic and those chords sounded awful with the capo, capo off and it sounds good again, dont get it, guitars both tuned correctly but totally different feel to the sound.

TBH I enjoyed playing acoustic along with a youtube vid more than in game.

Marauder359
01-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Wonderwall seemed strangely mixed for me. The crowd seemed awfully loud. I don't know that the tone was off as much as the overall mix between the track, the crowd, and us.

BazzTard61
01-16-2014, 04:29 AM
sometimes a song needs to be slightly speeded up or down after recording, sometimes, like nirvana, the guitarist is too zonked to notice or care he is out of tune, the bassist just tunes to him, saves all the drama hehe

Goooner1
01-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Had a guitar lesson, so asked my tutor :)

He said it could either be the band are tuned to each other, as BazzTard says above, or it could be a production decision, as a couple of people have said, they just decided it sounded better with a slightly raised pitch. Both of which seem perfectly logical, my curiosity is now satisfied :)

daddy_felix
01-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Not permanently they don't. They've only announced a limited number of Japanese songs that will be released as DLC.

Well, until now it has been each other week (except the christmas break).

Never heard of such an announcement. Where can I find it?

toymachinesh
01-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Well, until now it has been each other week (except the christmas break).

Never heard of such an announcement. Where can I find it?

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-japan-site-reveals-19-dlc-songs-and-more-muse/

Julian-Mince
01-16-2014, 10:43 AM
I must admit that I'm a bit miffed with all the different tunings. There's one thing I'd love - no hang on, two things. I'm on a PS3, so it may be different for users of the other consoles.

Firstly, I'd like a "let's play this in standard tuning" option so that there's no need to make microscopic tuning adjustments for each song.

Secondly, and going off topic completely, I would love an "I want it hard" option, i.e. you set a preference to give 100% difficulty over all songs without having to go into Riff Repeater all the time.

thoman23
01-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Secondly, and going off topic completely, I would love an "I want it hard" option, i.e. you set a preference to give 100% difficulty over all songs without having to go into Riff Repeater all the time.

<resists saying "That's what she said">

While a global difficulty setting wouldn't hurt, it only takes a second to level up the whole song to 100% in RR. And after you do, it seems to permanently stick. Not the highest priority to spend dev resources on IMO.

SquirrellyNinja
01-16-2014, 07:52 PM
I must admit that I'm a bit miffed with all the different tunings. There's one thing I'd love - no hang on, two things. I'm on a PS3, so it may be different for users of the other consoles.

Firstly, I'd like a "let's play this in standard tuning" option so that there's no need to make microscopic tuning adjustments for each song.

As far as why there's no "let's play this in Standard tuning" option, it's because your guitar tuning would be off from the song which would sound very off and dissonant. Why don't we just pitch shift? Well we have in the past but pitch shifting songs requires artist permission and we can't just unilaterally modify their work like that. Some artists aren't comfortable with any modification of their work. Having true tunings allows us to preserve the song exactly how it was recorded which simplifies some of the approvals needed while also making it still sound okay for the player and not slightly off.

Julian-Mince
01-16-2014, 07:52 PM
<resists saying "That's what she said">

While a global difficulty setting wouldn't hurt, it only takes a second to level up the whole song to 100% in RR. And after you do, it seems to permanently stick. Not the highest priority to spend dev resources on IMO.

I wish mine did stick, otherwise I wouldn't be grumbling! For some it does, but not all. I can't see a pattern either - I've got >85% throughout so it's probably not that. As you say though, not the highest priority for the devs, just a "nice to have".

r_bellavance
01-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Why don't we just pitch shift? Well we have in the past but pitch shifting songs requires artist permission and we can't just unilaterally modify their work like that. Some artists aren't comfortable with any modification of their work. Having true tunings allows us to preserve the song exactly how it was recorded which simplifies some of the approvals needed while also making it still sound okay for the player and not slightly off.

I understand that logic and I respect it, but unfortunately a song in a slightly non-standard tuning like A445 is almost an automatic "no buy" for me. Switching between E std, drop D and E-flat is enough of a bother already.

cungar1001
01-16-2014, 10:15 PM
First world problems. Oh the pain of retuning for 30 seconds.

thoman23
01-16-2014, 10:23 PM
First world problems. Oh the pain of retuning for 30 seconds.

If that...it's really quick on these Oasis ones...just a very slight twist of the machine heads and you're off and playing.

CaliCasey
01-17-2014, 12:29 AM
I understand that logic and I respect it, but unfortunately a song in a slightly non-standard tuning like A445 is almost an automatic "no buy" for me. Switching between E std, drop D and E-flat is enough of a bother already.

If you don't like retuning I would avoid playing the Eflat songs as they take the most time to tune. The A445 and the other A variants aren't that bad when tuning from E standard.

Ezios_Axe
01-17-2014, 01:57 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how the internet gives people the ability to complain so loudly about absolutely nothing. The number of people who moan about tuning flat or sharp is really surprising to me. It takes seconds, makes the song sound right and is extraordinarily easy. Tuning to drop D? Also easy. Sure going Eb can take a little time as well as the other more exotic tunings but if we didn't have all of these possibilities then there would be complaining about that. If you hate the tuning then don't buy or play those songs but don't fault Ubisoft for trying to deliver an accurate product when this is a teaching tool as much as a game.

thoman23
01-17-2014, 03:42 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how the internet gives people the ability to complain so loudly about absolutely nothing. The number of people who moan about tuning flat or sharp is really surprising to me. It takes seconds, makes the song sound right and is extraordinarily easy. Tuning to drop D? Also easy. Sure going Eb can take a little time as well as the other more exotic tunings but if we didn't have all of these possibilities then there would be complaining about that. If you hate the tuning then don't buy or play those songs but don't fault Ubisoft for trying to deliver an accurate product when this is a teaching tool as much as a game.

Well said.

dav_tho2000
01-17-2014, 04:28 AM
+1.
instead of whining about the retuning, guess what i did? i went out and bought a few sets of strings 'just in case'.

but really, i blame ubisoft for this, and to top it all off, the game, the dlc, the bugs.... they expect me to buy a guitar too. un be lieeeevable!

RichTheMighty
01-17-2014, 05:42 AM
Wonderwall seemed strangely mixed for me. The crowd seemed awfully loud. I don't know that the tone was off as much as the overall mix between the track, the crowd, and us.

I noticed this on some of the Smashing Pumpkins DLC too. I ended up just switching off venue mode.

Julian-Mince
01-17-2014, 09:56 AM

I write software to fund my Rocksmith DLC habit and am constantly told by end use that it would be nice if the software could do this or that. I guess I was just complaining about nothing and I wish to make a full and frank apology. I'm sorry. Just like Chris Evans was after Shaun Ryder and Black Grape covered "Pretty Vacant" on TFI Friday...

kai2014
01-17-2014, 11:17 AM
If that...it's really quick on these Oasis ones...just a very slight twist of the machine heads and you're off and playing.

<--- this noob here spent 5+ mins tuning for Wonderwall. Why? I tried to tune to E standard WITH the capo on! :rolleyes: :D

Julian-Mince
01-17-2014, 11:54 AM
<--- this noob here spent 5+ mins tuning for Wonderwall. Why? I tried to tune to E standard WITH the capo on! :rolleyes: :D

Don't worry - your secret is safe here....

Ezios_Axe
01-17-2014, 04:42 PM
I write software to fund my Rocksmith DLC habit and am constantly told by end use that it would be nice if the software could do this or that. I guess I was just complaining about nothing and I wish to make a full and frank apology. I'm sorry. Just like Chris Evans was after Shaun Ryder and Black Grape covered "Pretty Vacant" on TFI Friday...

I wasn't specifically pointing fingers at any one person. Sorry if it seemed that way. If it were a single comment then who cares. A lot of people keep bringing up the tuning. Sure it would be sort of cool if there was an emulator that if your guitar was in E then it would just adjust for you like some pedals out there but IMO I prefer hearing the strings sound the way they are supposed to sound.

Ezios_Axe
01-17-2014, 04:44 PM

Don't worry - your secret is safe here....

It's just the 3 of us and thousands of our closest personal friends. lol That's great. I spent the first few minutes ticked off that it wasn't telling me which fret to put the capo on until I realized the last song I had played was in drop D and it was just trying to get me back into E first. :D

SilentThunder_
01-17-2014, 06:42 PM
As far as why there's no "let's play this in Standard tuning" option, it's because your guitar tuning would be off from the song which would sound very off and dissonant. Why don't we just pitch shift? Well we have in the past but pitch shifting songs requires artist permission and we can't just unilaterally modify their work like that. Some artists aren't comfortable with any modification of their work. Having true tunings allows us to preserve the song exactly how it was recorded which simplifies some of the approvals needed while also making it still sound okay for the player and not slightly off.

Instead of pitch shifting the whole song, or just allowing E-standard and having everything sound terrible, why not pitch-shift the guitar input? Similar to how emulated-bass works.

EDIT:
Oh, and I really don't mind re-tuning all that much (although E-flat/D-standard and back can get annoying). I had just noticed a third possibility that was missed.

Marauder359
01-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Instead of pitch shifting the whole song, or just allowing E-standard and having everything sound terrible, why not pitch-shift the guitar input? Similar to how emulated-bass works.

EDIT:
Oh, and I really don't mind re-tuning all that much (although E-flat/D-standard and back can get annoying). I had just noticed a third possibility that was missed.

Part of learning the guitar is ear training. Bastardizing the output from the guitar to bass, when they're the same note, just shifted for octave, is bad enough. Actually altering the note? What would be the point? Why not just have the game take any sound you produce and make it sound like the song? If your guitar isn't properly tuned for the song, and thus isn't putting out the proper sound for the song, you're naturally internalizing doing the wrong thing, getting the wrong result, and, in short, you aren't remotely helping yourself, your skill, or anything else other than the life of your strings... and, here, I thought the strings were here for us to use, not for them to box us into playing incorrectly and getting the wrong sound/feel from our instruments. It might seem like a benign request or notion, but that approach is definitely not something I'd ever want, nor should anyone who is actually trying to learn what their instrument and themselves can do.

RichTheMighty
01-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Co-sign. It's no hassle if you are learning to play an instrument but a pain in the bottom if you are learning to play a game.

SilentThunder_
01-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Part of learning the guitar is ear training. Bastardizing the output from the guitar to bass, when they're the same note, just shifted for octave, is bad enough. Actually altering the note? What would be the point? Why not just have the game take any sound you produce and make it sound like the song? If your guitar isn't properly tuned for the song, and thus isn't putting out the proper sound for the song, you're naturally internalizing doing the wrong thing, getting the wrong result, and, in short, you aren't remotely helping yourself, your skill, or anything else other than the life of your strings... and, here, I thought the strings were here for us to use, not for them to box us into playing incorrectly and getting the wrong sound/feel from our instruments. It might seem like a benign request or notion, but that approach is definitely not something I'd ever want, nor should anyone who is actually trying to learn what their instrument and themselves can do.

You must hate octave pedals.;) Valid points, but there are cases where a general pitch shift would be nice, just the same. Floating bridge guitars are the obvious one. But even the option for a pitch shift for when you have to tune sharp. I always get a bit uneasy doing that, although I haven't snapped one yet.

dm_gsxr
01-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I actually make it part of the game (Drop D I mean). I twist the peg to get it to DD and will even tune to the A string to get it right before using the in game tuner. I've gotten to the point that I can reach up, twist to Std or DD and the game shows I'm right on the mark.

Carl

Jockstar1974
01-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Why cant i see this in the shop. I'm a huge Oasis fan. Is this download available in Australia yet?

Jockstar1974
01-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Why cant i see this in the shop. I'm a huge Oasis fan. Is this download available in Australia yet?

Got it.

xXNoScOp3zXx
01-19-2014, 09:48 AM
this pack should of been on ages ago great band for beginner players and i would of bought the whole whats the story morning glory album if it was up for download. catchy lyrics awesome riffs im sold

spiritofcat_
01-21-2014, 07:24 AM
I've found that with the very small changes of tuning, especially from one sharp Oasis song to another sharp Oasis song I can often get away with not adjusting my guitar at all.
The in-game tuner is lenient enough that if I'm in say E Standard A449, it'll be close enough for A450 or even A443 sometimes.