PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Wolfpack Co-Op: is it doable?

Wendelain
01-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Me and my friend went almost without trouble through all levels on both normal and hard difficulty on all Wolfpack scenarios.
Yesterday we decided to try Hardcore.
And we didn't stand a chance. At all.
We tried like 10 times and never went further Sequence 14, always running out of time.

Before you say anything, we know how to do things. We get full bonuses, extra objectives and all. We kill all extra preys too.
On average statistics shows ~850 medium points for kill.
What bugs us, though, is the fact that trying it solo, we instead have plenty of time left and go further with no problems.

I know you will think we just aren't good enough, and I'D LIKE it to be that way so that it means we have lots of space for improvement, but my question here is very specifical.

Has ANY of you, or ANY in the world, managed to do this? Other than playing Solo, obviously.
I couldn't find a single video on Youtube of succesful Wolfpack Co-Op on Hardcore. Not one.
And the gap between solo and co-op seems terrific. On Sequence 1, it's 800 on Solo to go further against 1500 on Co-Op. And a lot of additional things can go wrong when you are together, making that +90% way too high as increased requirement.

It then seems to us, that doing Hardcore Wolfpack on Co-Op is... Impossible?
Any report of someone actually making it? And if so, can you link a video or a screenshot, along with some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

redka243
01-14-2014, 12:42 PM
I did it last night with a friend who joined during seq 15. Havent done it from beginning yet. Whats your ability setup? For coop id recommend player 1 disguise poison disruption resostance kill buffer 550 streak. Player 2 same but swap poison for an ability that can reveal blenders like morph or firecrackers. Synchronize your disguises. If one guy is disguised and not the other youll both get detected.
Coop is much harder due to the bonus objectives. Assist bonus and especially revive an ally... It comes very early and gets your bonus objectives stuck. In single player this is much easier. Itd be more balqnced id they ditched these two awful binus objectives. Agree on who will defend which chests, who will chase wxtra targets and who picks up healthy packets. Hope that helps.

Kirokill
01-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Actually you're right. I played hardcore at the starting of the game, on portobelo. Cakewalk. I played it with a friend (when the game was first released 29th october) it was hard. I mean you get 1 minute as starting but the problem your friend needs at least 10 seconds to connect good with you. It wasn't easy with my experience.
I have 1.4 download speed and 0.6 upload speed xD

redka243
01-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Hardcore on portobello is not a cakewalk alone for me at least. There are so few opportunities for accros that it blocks your bonus objectives just like revive an ally. Its the hardest map imho. But yeah due to the bonus objectives team is harder than solo. The infection and chest sequences also take much longer with a team.
more tips for hardcore wolfpack feom me and others in this thread, many of which can apply to team play.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/815385-Wolfpack-hardcore-solo-portobello-and-prison-tips

Solething to try in a team - on sync kills ideally use disguise. One guy should walk in the blend group for focus hidden. When playing solo you can intentionally lock the wrong target then walk into the group for hidden then lick the correct one to trigger the sync kill. Not sure if the second person could do this or if it would make you automatically fail it.

la havana is the easiest map.

Wendelain
01-14-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm fine with it being hard or harder. I'm questioning if that is possible at all and someone managed to.
You managed by your friend entering on sequence 15, and even if that's helpful to know, that's not an option: we would like to make it from the start, on all maps.
As I said, the gap between solo and co-op is terrific.
In solo, you gather a whole extra minute on the firsts 10-20 sequences, then burn it in the last 15 trying to finish with a short rope left. In co-op, you finish the time on the firsts 10-20 sequences, so how can you hope to manage till 35 after it gets even harder?

Moreover, has Ubisoft any plan to fix this? Even if it was possible with extreme dedition (and I'd like confirmation of that!), the differences between the two ways of doing it are unjustified.
Being good in two, should make it hard as much, if not less, than doing it alone. Every wise game has that logic.

woodbok
01-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Ive completed hard core with 4 players, its not really that hard. We had a average kill score of about 1k.

SixKeys
01-15-2014, 08:34 PM
To the OP: are all of you using approximately the same ability sets? If all 4 players take Poison, Disguise and +550 kill streak with them, it should be doable.

Wendelain
01-15-2014, 09:27 PM
To the OP: are all of you using approximately the same ability sets? If all 4 players take Poison, Disguise and +550 kill streak with them, it should be doable.

We are two, not four, so I don't really know if 4-manned is easier (even if I can't really see how).
If it is doable 4-manned, even if I'd like to see a video of someone actual managing doing that, my problem still stands.

About the question, we tried with Poison, Disguise, Distorsion, Morph and all we could possibly use in different attempts, along with +550, but it really made a little difference from simply doing clean double kills while hidden. Very very little.
It's important to understand that we don't miss the completion by little, but by far. Can't get Beyond Sequence 15. So some little boost along the way, isn't enough to bring us to the end, where things get even harder.

I repeat: we both manage REALLY EASY on Solo, but we can't even get halfway playing together.
Also, I'm talking about AC4, not AC3.

SixKeys
01-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Distortion and Morph are kinda useless in Wolfpack. I would replace Distortion with Gun or Poison Dart. Gun crafted for cooldown and/or aiming time, Poison Dart for maximum points. In Hardcore your biggest problem will always be running out of time. Gun is more useful than Distortion because it allows you to kill the extra targets from a distance more quickly and Poison Dart gives you more points than you'd get running after your target when the clock is ticking and people start panicking.

Also, bring Resilience in case you get stunned so you don't lose as much time.

Anykeyer
01-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Getting secondary objectives and variety is the key. Always try to get rid of acrobatic even if it would reduce your current kill score.

Kirokill
01-17-2014, 07:42 AM
@SixKeys
Disruption blinds the target (locks his detection, can't see you killing his teammate, works for elite well for quality kills) and it fills the ranged weapon objective
I believe you meant Resistance.

SixKeys
01-17-2014, 04:29 PM
@SixKeys
Disruption blinds the target (locks his detection, can't see you killing his teammate, works for elite well for quality kills) and it fills the ranged weapon objective
I believe you meant Resistance.

No, I meant Disruption. ;)

If you're both being discrete and approaching from the back, the archetypes shouldn't detect you anyway (even the elite ones). In Hardcore, time is of the essence and Gun and Poison Dart will give you points while saving you some time. If you're worried about being detected and throw Disruption, by the time you've built up your meter approaching the target, the effect will likely have worn off anyway. It's not completely useless, but there are better ranged abilities for Hardcore.