PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Game

TecISR
01-12-2014, 09:54 AM
(PC)

Great single player, fantastic multiplayer (can't stop playing it).
Game runs perfectly smooth.

9/10.

Thanks.

EL.Smasho
01-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Troll of the year.

TecISR
01-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Troll of the year.

My personal opinion kid so go play some Tetris (http://www.freetetris.org/).

http://www.greenmangaming.com/customer-reviews/?for=4033

Dome500
01-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Nice you like the game, I see many issues with it.

But that doesn't mean your opinion doesn't count.

I find it - a little refreshing that at least some people can enjoy the game completely.

Have fun playing.

aznassassin159
01-12-2014, 08:24 PM
My personal opinion kid so go play some Tetris (http://www.freetetris.org/)
Tetris is awesome.

StrayDog_RR
01-12-2014, 08:41 PM
(PC)

fantastic multiplayer (can't stop playing it).

Have fun.

SCCUser1978
01-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Troll of the year.

Don't call this guy a troll yet...
I'm glad that this guy enjoys the game.
I wonder if he'll feel the same way after playing BlackList in a few weeks.
BTW: I loved tetris. I have it on my Cell Phone.

Dome500
01-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Yeah, what kind of guy is saying that Tetris is a child's game, seriously?

Ken won't be happy about that comment..... *shaking head*

SanityAgathion
01-12-2014, 11:49 PM
See this is wrong with gamers ... even if somebody is genuinely enjoying the game, somebody else just has to ruin it in the name of own dissatisfaction :( This happens all the time.

Dome500
01-12-2014, 11:53 PM
See this is wrong with gamers ... even if somebody is genuinely enjoying the game, somebody else just has to ruin it in the name of own dissatisfaction :( This happens all the time.

No one ruined it for him.

But I know what you mean.

EL.Smasho
01-13-2014, 12:32 AM
I wonder if he'll feel the same way after playing BlackList in a few weeks.

He'll be back. This game has a skill ceiling: when you learn how to actually play your merc rounds are too easy to be fun and your spy rounds are too frustrating to be fun because 99% of your deaths come from glitches.

DaisyFan
01-13-2014, 03:55 AM
OP, it be nice to actually give more detail about the game in your view. wall of txt in case.

TecISR
01-13-2014, 08:08 AM

Thanks.
Nobody is ruining it for me. Some ""old school splinter cell"" elitists here that cannot
accept any changes from past games only know how to complain and cry,
nobody take them seriously.

I've payed a cheap price for Blacklist deluxe edition
didn't expect the MP to be that enojyable specially
SvM Blacklist & TDM which are great to play.

KenTWOu
01-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Yeah, what kind of guy is saying that Tetris is a child's game, seriously?

Ken won't be happy about that comment..... *shaking head*
Man, you're absolutely right. Moreover, Ubisoft thinks (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-16-tetris-coming-to-playstation-4-and-xbox-one) that Tetris still rocks ;)

Dome500
01-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Man, you're absolutely right. Moreover, Ubisoft thinks (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-16-tetris-coming-to-playstation-4-and-xbox-one) that Tetris still rocks ;)

Because it DOES ;)

Rock.City
01-17-2014, 09:38 PM
(PC)

Great single player, fantastic multiplayer (can't stop playing it).
Game runs perfectly smooth.

9/10.

Thanks.

Hello TecISR... I am very happy to hear you love this game... I'm with you, I too love this game. Don't let these "haters" on this Ubisoft Forum get under your skin. Most (not all but most) of the people here on this Forum are unhappy (glass half-empty) individuals; I strongly believe it makes them feel "important" when they criticize/critique this or any other game. These kind of folks are "never" happy... even if Ubisoft created the best/perfect game in the world, they would still find something to complain and whine about. These are the same people who complained and whined before with previous games and then they complain and whine about this game and they will be on this Forum complaining and whining about the future Splinter Cell Game. They are just miserable individuals and "Misery Loves Company". Most of the people/players that love this game (like you, I and many many more) rarely come to Forums like this one because we are too busy being "happy" and having "FUN" playing this game and not wasting our time complaining and whining... day after day after day (literally). Thats' why the "majority" of the Threads/Post are negative. And don't bother trying to change their minds... you just have to let it go.

Again, I am very happy to hear you love this game... I'm with you, I too love this game. :cool:

EL_MUGROSOS
01-17-2014, 10:00 PM
It is a great game. I purchased gun pack and yacht dlc, a testament to what I think of this game. BUT, if I would have known that future support in all its aspects would be abandoned because of low sales quota, well, that's just pathetic pr; especially hearing that a new project is being worked on. Who's to say that will not also be abandoned again because of failed developer/financial expectations. This game has fps, tps, co-op, campagne, action, stealth, slow mo theatrical and execution kills, and I'm sure I'm leaving more out. Yes it could use some tweaks but all in all solid game. To bad they have failed to follow up because of greed and more greed. I don't see how 2 million plus sales and counting is a loss with old engine mechanics which by the way work well. Really guys, dont you expect as much or more than another AAA title.

Rock.City
01-17-2014, 10:04 PM
it is a great game. I purchased gun pack and yacht dlc, a testament to what i think of this game. But, if i would have known that future support in all its aspects would be abandoned because of low sales quota, well, that's just pathetic pr; especially hearing that a new project is being worked on. Who's to say that will not also be abandoned again because of failed developer/financial expectations. This game has fps, tps, co-op, campagne, action, stealth, slow mo theatrical and execution kills, and i'm sure i'm leaving more out. Yes it could use some tweaks but all in all solid game. To bad they have failed to follow up because of greed and more greed. I don't see how 2 million plus sales and counting is a loss with old engine mechanics which by the way work well. Really guys, dont you expect as much or more than another aaa title.

"case in point"

Dome500
01-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Hello TecISR... I am very happy to hear you love this game... I'm with you, I too love this game. Don't let these "haters" on this Ubisoft Forum get under your skin. Most (not all but most) of the people here on this Forum are unhappy (glass half-empty) individuals; I strongly believe it makes them feel "important" when they criticize/critique this or any other game. These kind of folks are "never" happy... even if Ubisoft created the best/perfect game in the world, they would still find something to complain and whine about. These are the same people who complained and whined before with previous games and then they complain and whine about this game and they will be on this Forum complaining and whining about the future Splinter Cell Game. They are just miserable individuals and "Misery Loves Company". Most of the people/players that love this game (like you, I and many many more) rarely come to Forums like this one because we are too busy being "happy" and having "FUN" playing this game and not wasting our time complaining and whining... day after day after day (literally). Thats' why the "majority" of the Threads/Post are negative. And don't bother trying to change their minds... you just have to let it go.

Again, I am very happy to hear you love this game... I'm with you, I too love this game. :cool:

Okay.... This is pretty hard to not take personally.

But good to know what you think of me (/us).....

EL.Smasho
01-18-2014, 12:23 AM

1. Read this out loud and make air quotes with your fingers every time you get to a quoted word and you'll see how stupid you look when you use quotation marks like that.
2. The majority of players aren't enjoying the game, the majority of players already quit playing the game. Of everyone who bought this game, what percentage do you think still plays it? 5%? 10%? The complainers here are the only people still on this game; the criticism is so they don't get stuck with another disappointing SC.

aznassassin159
01-18-2014, 02:02 AM

3/10

Jimmies were only slightly rustled

Weagles_Fan
01-18-2014, 02:23 AM
Because it DOES ;)

I've got Tetris & Dr Mario on the SNES. I had some epic matches against mum. :D

Rock.City
01-18-2014, 03:28 AM
1. Read this out loud and make air quotes with your fingers every time you get to a quoted word and you'll see stupid you look when you use quotation marks like that.
2. The majority of players aren't enjoying the game, the majority of players already quit playing the game. Of everyone who bought this game, what percentage do you think still plays it? 5%? 10%? The complainers here are the only people still on this game; the criticism is so they don't get stuck with another disappointing SC.

El.Smasho... first look at your own grammar and punctuation before you criticize mine... pretty bad/awful I'd say. And as far as how many players are still playing the game (which I don't think you have a clue), well almost all of my friends (and I have dozens) that have been playing Splinter Cell Blacklist since day 1 (when it first came out) are still playing... maybe they just don't like you.

3/10

Jimmies were only slightly rustled

aznassassin159... my post was not intended to "rustle the jimmies"... I honestly couldn't care less; it was intended to show support for TecISR.

Okay.... This is pretty hard to not take personally.

But good to know what you think of me (/us).....

Dome500... Sorry my friend, I call em' as I see em'. I apologize to you if I offended you... but to see "the same guys" day after day after day crying, whining and complaining about "a game"... goodness gracious. I might expect that from children, but to hear the "same" grown-ups crying, whining and complaining about the same-old crap every day, well, it's quite pathetic IMO. Dome500 I apologize to you if I offended you.

Dome500
01-18-2014, 03:39 AM

To his defense the coop/sp is actually not that bad, although I really see A LOT potential for improvement.

But I still think his post was very unfair.

Dome500... Sorry my friend, I call em' as I see em'. I apologize to you if I offended you... but to see "the same guys" day after day after day crying, whining and complaining about "a game"... goodness gracious. I might expect that from children, but to hear the "same" grown-ups crying, whining and complaining about the same-old crap every day, well, it's quite pathetic IMO. Dome500 I apologize to you if I offended you.

I depends who you are talking about.

Those who criticize and offer solutions, or those who just criticize and always say the same.

I have to admit that I also sometimes fall in the habit of repeating myself. I try to hold back in that regard.

But I also came to admire the simple concept of getting into discussion about the principles and basics of the game, pointing out mistakes but also offering solutions and suggestions, trying to share opinions with each other and impressions.

I really like talking (as you all might now :o), and I like that there are so many people here you can talk to properly, about what you like, what you don't like, what you'd like to see in the next game and so on.

That's at least what I have been doing with some folks here.

Yes, sometimes we get into some hot discussions, but I think most of those people I am talking about all understand and respect each other and I like the community of talking with people who have similar interests.

People like me, Shadowfox, SolidSage, Gunnut, Bob (well, not that often anymore), Kevin, aznassassin, Shobit, Jazz, Andre, Ken, etc.

(Btw. If I forgot to mention people, don't be mad, it's a loooong list)

Anyway, like I said, if I am offended depends on who you were talking about my Friend.

EL.Smasho
01-18-2014, 04:04 AM
El.Smasho... first look at your own grammar and punctuation before you criticize mine... pretty bad/awful I'd say.

It's not about being an internet grammar nazi, it's about understanding what you're trying to say. Your inferring sarcasm in places where you're not meaning to. Do the out loud exercise and you'll see how dumb it looks.

And as far as how many players are still playing the game (which I don't think you have a clue), well almost all of my friends (and I have dozens) that have been playing Splinter Cell Blacklist this since day 1 (when it first came out) are still playing... maybe they just don't like you.

Shadownet.splintercell.com
I know exactly how many players are still playing on xbox: 2721. Out of how many sold? 730k (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70785/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/)? You do the math. The fact is that 99% of the people who bought this game have quit the game altogether just a few months after launch. Your assertion that most players are still enjoying it isn't even close to being correct.

Rock.City
01-18-2014, 04:16 AM
To his defense the coop/sp is actually not that bad, although I really see A LOT potential for improvement.

But I still think his post was very unfair.

I depends who you are talking about.

Those who criticize and offer solutions, or those who just criticize and always say the same.

I have to admit that I also sometimes fall in the habit of repeating myself. I try to hold back in that regard.

But I also came to admire the simple concept of getting into discussion about the principles and basics of the game, pointing out mistakes but also offering solutions and suggestions, trying to share opinions with each other and impressions.

I really like talking (as you all might now :o), and I like that there are so many people here you can talk to properly, about what you like, what you don't like, what you'd like to see in the next game and so on.

That's at least what I have been doing with some folks here.

Yes, sometimes we get into some hot discussions, but I think most of those people I am talking about all understand and respect each other and I like the community of talking with people who have similar interests.

People like me, Shadowfox, SolidSage, Gunnut, Bob (well, not that often anymore), Kevin, aznassassin, Shobit, Jazz, Andre, Ken, etc.

(Btw. If I forgot to mention people, don't be mad, it's a loooong list)

Anyway, like I said, if I am offended depends on who you were talking about my Friend.

Dome500... you've gotta realize that this thread was about a person/player who was trying to express his happiness and almost immediately someone (i'm not naming names) decided to call him a nasty name... and then when he tried to defend himself and say "why don't you all go and play Tetris", most jumped on the bandwagon to cut him down about Tetris. That's what this Ubisoft Forum has turned into... a bunch of nagging/whining cry babies and very negative. I can only imagine when a decent person/player has a "real" Splinter Cell Blacklist issue they need to resolve, so then they come here in hopes of some positive feedback and after reading most of these Threads/Posts would probably be afraid to comment in any manner. The negative player/people (haters) dominate this Ubisoft Forum and it's a shame. Say something positive for a change.

Listen, you and I go way back as Friends and we are both on the same page here... but I must admit sometimes you (as-well as others - usually the same guys) sound like "broken records" repeating/spewing out nothing but criticism left and right. It get's old. This Forum is very negative and depressing.

Again, Dome500, I apologize to You if I offended you.

Dome500
01-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Dome500... you've gotta realize that this thread was about a person/player who was trying to express his happiness and almost immediately someone (i'm not naming names) decided to call him a nasty name... and then when he tried to defend himself and say "why don't you all go and play Tetris", most jumped on the bandwagon to cut him down about Tetris.

That was actually because he was very unfriendly and because Teris rocks.

Seriously though, I can understand his frustration but I think he should be used to it. We all know there are people coming in out threads and starting to trash down everything we said, because, IDK, it's the internet.

Doesn't mean you have to insult Tetris. Tetris is cool man.

Anyway, this is not about Tetris. Like I said, I (and some others) mentioned that we like aspects of the game and that we appreciate the hard work the TORONTO (mind you - not Montreal) Team has been doing.

I understand it is frustrating opening a thread and having people not only be a little bit negative, but to actually make fun of someone who is only saying his honest opinion.

Non the less he should have expected it. It's a sad fact, but I am used to by now.

That's what this Ubisoft Forum has turned into... a bunch of nagging/whining cry babies and very negative.

I agree the forums are a little bit too negative.

But not ALL of the forum has turned into this, don't generalize that here. There are people here respecting other peoples opinion and being (or trying to be) fair most of the time.

The negative player/people (haters) dominate this Ubisoft Forum and it's a shame. Say something positive for a change.

I can only say as much positive as I am experiencing. I can not go ahead and make 10 positive threads or posts on an topic I do not think positive about just to even the balance.

All I can personally do is trying to not be so negative, being open for other peoples opinion and actually expressing what I appreciate about the work Ubi Toronto did with Blacklist. Nothing more and nothing less. I try to be a fair person, I can't do more. And if I have offended the OP with my posts, sorry OP, I apologize. In my opinion I was not being overtly negative.

Listen, you and I go way back as Friends and we are both on the same page here... but I must admit sometimes you (as-well as others - usually the same guys) sound like "broken records" repeating/spewing out nothing but criticism left and right. It get's old. This Forum is very negative and depressing.

Like I said - I can't do more than trying to avoid the "broken record" posts, which I am really doing at the moment.

I agree that a lot of the forum seems too negative, and actually most of this negativity does not apply to the sp/coop, because most people writing about "this game" to be garbage are actually mostly talking about multiplayer (SvM), at least this is my impression.

So I can't change that, because I can not say that much good about the multiplayer, in all honesty.

The main topic I am talking about is sp/coop anyway, and (especially recently) the future of the franchise.

Because we all want SC to evolve and to sell good so our beloved franchise continues.

Again, that'S all I can do.

I forgive you for what you said, and I also ignore that comment about he broken record, for it is a general observation based on a long time of me commenting over and over what HAS to be back in the next SC7 and what was bad in SCB.

We have been over it - everyone knows my opinion very well - I'll hold myself back, like I said.

Bu then again - discussions about principles and basics will appear over and over again, and will always be interesting for me and while I try to take them often from a different POV to expand my horizon, I can't completely avoid falling into the trap of repeating myself from time to time.

I hope the people reading my posts can forgive me for that.

Rock.City
01-18-2014, 06:42 PM
That was actually because he was very unfriendly and because Teris rocks.

Seriously though, I can understand his frustration but I think he should be used to it. We all know there are people coming in out threads and starting to trash down everything we said, because, IDK, it's the internet.

Doesn't mean you have to insult Tetris. Tetris is cool man.

Anyway, this is not about Tetris. Like I said, I (and some others) mentioned that we like aspects of the game and that we appreciate the hard work the TORONTO (mind you - not Montreal) Team has been doing.

I understand it is frustrating opening a thread and having people not only be a little bit negative, but to actually make fun of someone who is only saying his honest opinion.

Non the less he should have expected it. It's a sad fact, but I am used to by now.

I agree the forums are a little bit too negative.

But not ALL of the forum has turned into this, don't generalize that here. There are people here respecting other peoples opinion and being (or trying to be) fair most of the time.

I can only say as much positive as I am experiencing. I can not go ahead and make 10 positive threads or posts on an topic I do not think positive about just to even the balance.

All I can personally do is trying to not be so negative, being open for other peoples opinion and actually expressing what I appreciate about the work Ubi Toronto did with Blacklist. Nothing more and nothing less. I try to be a fair person, I can't do more. And if I have offended the OP with my posts, sorry OP, I apologize. In my opinion I was not being overtly negative.

Like I said - I can't do more than trying to avoid the "broken record" posts, which I am really doing at the moment.

I agree that a lot of the forum seems too negative, and actually most of this negativity does not apply to the sp/coop, because most people writing about "this game" to be garbage are actually mostly talking about multiplayer (SvM), at least this is my impression.

So I can't change that, because I can not say that much good about the multiplayer, in all honesty.

The main topic I am talking about is sp/coop anyway, and (especially recently) the future of the franchise.

Because we all want SC to evolve and to sell good so our beloved franchise continues.

Again, that'S all I can do.

I forgive you for what you said, and I also ignore that comment about he broken record, for it is a general observation based on a long time of me commenting over and over what HAS to be back in the next SC7 and what was bad in SCB.

We have been over it - everyone knows my opinion very well - I'll hold myself back, like I said.

Bu then again - discussions about principles and basics will appear over and over again, and will always be interesting for me and while I try to take them often from a different POV to expand my horizon, I can't completely avoid falling into the trap of repeating myself from time to time.

I hope the people reading my posts can forgive me for that.

Dome500... dude, you just don't get it do you? How in the world can you defend yourself and the other players/people who were just trying to be mean and bully this guy; all because (let's be honest here) he loves Splinter Cell Blacklist and you all don't. For you to say "That was actually because he was very unfriendly and because Tetris rocks"; that's despicable/loathsome/reprehensible behavior and attitude on yours and the other persons/players behalf. I thought you were a bigger man than that, but I guess I was completely wrong. What you should have said, is "You are absolutely correct, and I would like to apologize to TecISR for my part in being a bully and for being mean... for after-all he was only trying to express his happiness in this open Forum about this game". His thread (and this Forum for that matter) is not for the freakin' game Tetris... who gives a crap what you all think about Tetris? The reason you all want to hide behind the fact he told you "You kids go and play Tetris", is because you are looking/searching for reasons for why you were a bully and mean. His thread should have been about "HIM" and not about "YOU"... when you give your "Nice you like the game, I see many issues with it" is nothing less than a half-hearted negative statement (not even close to a compliment) intended for "YOU" and not "HIM" as it should have been. When giving a compliment, your supposed to just say "Nice you like the game" PERIOD... then it's for "HIM" and not "YOU"... after-all this was his Thread. You guys need serious Therapy IMO or perhaps you all forgot to take your meds that day. We get it, you don't like the game... now please "Shut The F#%$ Up" with all your criticism and negative comments... please.

In any case, I no-longer wish to be your Friend, not now and not ever; with friends like you, who needs enemies?

p.s. The only thing I'm sorry about is apologizing to you in the first place... because you did not deserve it.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-18-2014, 09:07 PM
OK guys, First thing please let people post their opinions without straight away jumping on them calling them names, this will not be tolerated.

Secondly, if someone does call you a name please do not defend it, instead use the report button to which a Forum Manager or Moderator will come and deal with it, this avoids the issue continuing with more people joining in and ruining threads as with this one.

Thirdly, this thread has run its course and is only attracting more insults, so I will close it.