PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Manual

ghoultek
01-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Is there a PDF product manual that explains how to use the game? I looked around the Uplay website and the launcher and was unable to find it. The e-manual does not provide enough content and I feel like I'm wandering around somewhat aimlessly because I don't have the experience of playing the prior releases of the game. I just have the standard edition of the game without any extras or DLCs.

Thanks in advance.

YazX_
01-12-2014, 01:22 AM
well, no except the strategy guide which i find it useless and waste of money if you want my opinion, there are alot of hints and tips in-game while playing, dont worry, the game is pretty easy to learn and master, just start playing and you will be fine. if you still have problems in completing missions, then there are plenty of youtube videos and walkthroughs to show you how to approach every mission and complete it.

ghoultek
01-12-2014, 02:20 AM
I ended up watching a walk-through video on youtube, of the first area. I only watched the video because I gave up after spending more than 2hrs killing pigs, not understanding how to reach Havana, and avoiding the "restricted area". The video showed lots of stuff than I was unaware of including a demonstration of the synchronize feature. However, it only served to infuriate me more because I wasted so much time due to not knowing about the synchronize feature and its purpose, for example. The video author even provided valuable intel about the Abstergo Entertainment corporation. I really didn't want to spoil the game I just wanted better information that would allow me to problem solve without relying on exhaustive trial and error. Even stuff in the menus are misleading. For example, the menus that show default, available, unavailable, and acquired don't provide accurate information. Items that I knew I picked up, I had no means of using or even viewing my "inventory" so I wasn't sure if it was a bug, or I just was doing something wrong. Needless to say AC4BF is very frustrating to the new user and relies too heavily on having prior experience with earlier releases of the game.

HitchSlapped
10-18-2014, 08:04 AM
I am having the exact same problem as you. I just got this game and have never played AC before this, and am wondering how to fight, what synchronization means, etc. There is almost no instruction that explains all this that I can find, and there are a million different youtube videos I found which mostly run through everything so fast that It doesn't explain much. Could you share the link to the video you used that explained it all? Why do most people run through so quickly without finding all the treasure and getting all the shanties, etc. I still don't know what synchronization means or what it does other than show you more of the map.

I don't have a user manual or anything that came with the game, so where is a first timer like me supposed to learn how to play. Man, I wish these game companies would issue user manuals like they used to! :-)