PDA

View Full Version : Buying Pre-MM6

Lynx2003
01-11-2014, 05:23 PM
I would like to try Might and Magic 4 and 5, but don't want to purchase the game through GOG (due to it only being in $, currently I'm based in the UK).

Any ideas any other suppliers?

grazorblade
01-11-2014, 06:10 PM
I would recommend mm3 and xeen not sure which is better

I think they might be abandonware so u could try some abandonware sites
I used gog and it generally converts currency.
Amazon might sell it too.

just a warning there is a serious learning curve we with early mm games so give it some hours learning I think its possibly the best couple of games I have ever played although I can think of a few that rival it

Feidb1973
01-12-2014, 11:00 PM
My question is, who remade them so they're compatible with modern computers? I believe they were made for DOS, pre Windows 95 even. I played them all and loved them, but my computer was a 286 or 386 (I think) and I can't even remember the operating system.

relair13
01-13-2014, 04:48 AM
I got a boxed copy of 3, 4 and 5 (called Might & Magic Trilogy) on amazon for pretty cheap recently on cd-rom after ye olde diskette versions became obsolete, but it is a massive pain trying to get them to run. I ended up just getting the gog version, it requires 0 effort and runs perfect. I really suggest trying to find a way to just get that version and save yourself alot of time and hassle.

marcsm2008
01-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Unfortunatelly, I can't buy from GOG either.
But the original versions are easily played in Dosbox. Heck, the GOG versions are nothing but the original versions with pre-configured Dosbox. Dosbox isn't that hard to use, just read the manual and have fun.

While its easier to just use the GOG versions, GOG doesn't support some countries' payment methods. Heck, here in Brazil I can use Steam, Origin, UPLAY... but NO GOG! The GOG developpers don't have any plans to add country-specific payment methods, like Steam and Origin does constantly.

Kmanfree
01-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Outside of GOG and Ebay or a someone you know having a GOG copy since they can share it to you for free, I don't know anywhere else to get those games.

Just an idea can you change your funds somehow using PayPal?

mathfool
01-13-2014, 10:59 PM
I love M&M 4 and 5, great choices.

GOG is the way to go. MM6 usually comes with the first 5 games included with it. So if you can buy MM6 somewhere you should be good.