PDA

View Full Version : Lost Save Progress: Why hasn't Ubisoft fixed or even acknowledged this problem?

jakobslad
01-10-2014, 01:04 AM
So I installed the game and started playing last night. Had a blast and played for at least 6 hours or so. Starting the game up today and it puts me back into the very first out of animus sequence where I have to look at the lights and get walked through the Abstergo facility.

Searching for this problem online and I find literally hundreds of topics from people experiencing the exact same problem. I have yet to see one reply by someone from Ubisoft or even anyone acknowledging the problem. These topics go back to the release and I saw a few right on the front-page of this forum.

Why is this problem not even acknowledged anywhere or any kind of solutions or workarounds provided? I really enjoyed playing this game last night and was looking forward to playing some more after work but now I don't even want to start re-doing everything I already did just to have it all erased again and more of my time wasted.

Seriously Ubisoft, what the ****?

ShardofTruth
01-10-2014, 06:07 AM
You know what's even worse? That you can find these topics for every Assassin's Creed game back to ACII. The only difference is that back then savegames could be exchanged from one person to another to quickly help with these problems. But since ACIII the savegames are tied to your registration key and topics that circumvent this are either closed or deleted because of "piracy".

So not only didn't Ubisoft acknowledge this problem yet, they actually made it more complicated.

jakobslad
01-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Is there any kind of known cause of this? Obviously it isn't affecting every single person that plays this game on PC or no one would be playing it. There is nothing more frustrating than legitimately owning a game and not being able to play it or even get support from the developers for it. I also opened a ticket a few days ago for the simple issue of a promo code for Splinter Cell Blacklist not working and still haven't received a reply. Has their support just gone to **** altogether?

eroderz
01-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Agreed! I have contacted uplay 3 weeks ago with absolutely no response. Very frustrating!!!! I know im never purchasing a game through uplay again... what a Joke.

Cliffhudson1
01-11-2014, 04:09 AM
Its hard to know if this issue of not saving progress on the PC is affecting everyone or just some of us. I have had this issue since purchasing the game on Steam. I have sent Steam support and Ubisoft Support tickets and have never received replies from either one in the past 5 weeks.
I have stopped playing the game as its frustration beyond belief to have to constantly re-do your progress. Internet search seems to show a few ideas but non of those have worked for me.
I assumed that it happens on all PC but perhaps not, in which case I cannot imagine what the issue could be since it shows a save in progress but never actually does a save.
Ubisoft will never sell me another game and I have started an email campain to Game Magazines to hightlight this issue so that might put pressure on Ubisoft.

smokin_mitch
01-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Its hard to know if this issue of not saving progress on the PC is affecting everyone or just some of us. I have had this issue since purchasing the game on Steam. I have sent Steam support and Ubisoft Support tickets and have never received replies from either one in the past 5 weeks.
I have stopped playing the game as its frustration beyond belief to have to constantly re-do your progress. Internet search seems to show a few ideas but non of those have worked for me.
I assumed that it happens on all PC but perhaps not, in which case I cannot imagine what the issue could be since it shows a save in progress but never actually does a save.
Ubisoft will never sell me another game and I have started an email campain to Game Magazines to hightlight this issue so that might put pressure on Ubisoft.

I have had no issues with saves/progress being lost since I disabled cloud sync within Uplay, although when I disabled cloud sync I also deleted my save file from within black flag and started again from scratch

I'm now 100% complete (bar social events) on save slot 1 and 30% on save slot 2

Black_Widow9
01-12-2014, 03:56 AM
If you have Cloud Saves turned on, please disable them. We recommend that players disable this feature by going into the Uplay Settings and unchecking the box for Cloud Saves.

You can also backup your AC4 Save Games by following this Support Article:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI

YazX_
01-12-2014, 01:26 PM
i created a thread while back to take precautions to not lose your saves, but unfortunately it got buried, check it out:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811743-Precaution-to-not-lose-your-saves-and-progress?highlight=precaution

Penguins66
01-12-2014, 11:10 PM
If you have Cloud Saves turned on, please disable them. We recommend that players disable this feature by going into the Uplay Settings and unchecking the box for Cloud Saves.

You can also backup your AC4 Save Games by following this Support Article:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI

Why would Ubi put in a feature that it is suggestedt to disable and not use? I use the Uplay cloud saves to sync my Rocksmith saves. I kept having issues though SC: Conviction. Now after 24% completion and tons and tons of attacking boats and most upgrades the newest patch comes through and wipes out my saved game. Why the hell can't they keep from messing up peoples saves? Doesn't sound like too hard of a task. Until Ubi can properly run an online service like say, Uplay, just leave it the hell alone. Let Steam handle the registration and cloud saves since that task has proven to be beyond their competence. I will never buy another product that requires Uplay. Ubi has screwed up too many times.

And give me my saved game back. I am not gonna go thru all that leveling again.