PDA

View Full Version : Section 4 Nothing is True.. impossible

Raila88
01-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Let me first say that this segment in the game is simply ridiculously impossible. Like AC2 where there was a similar mission that essentially " blocked" any further progress in the game.. I later simply abandoned it and there it has remained for 3 years. It looks like the same thing is going to happen here, this mission is ridiculous. I have watch Youtube videos on this segment where people are doing things that would simply not be possible, also many, many, many people are saying the same thing.
Now you all know the section I am talking about, where there is a lake with a croc in it, 3 female assassins on the right, one male on the left...you run up the top, there is a cluster of 3 and a fourth one off to the left. I try the whistle to sucker them in the shrubs, but that works out as impossible because even if they see me for a fraction of a second( which on the Youtube video the guy stands up in front of her!!) the alarm goes off. I also tried just zooming past them all, that didn;t work. I tried clothslining them all in a run, but eventually get detected. Also the UI with Edward is 50/50..sometimes he does a perfect takedown, other times he decides to punch them,the interface adds to making it impossible.
Anyhow, looks like all I can do with this game is hunt treasure, sink ships and abandon the storyline at Segment 4..what a shame..this seemed like a really interesting story:mad:

strigoi1958
01-09-2014, 03:35 AM
I'm the worst player I know I spend most of the time desynching from dying or falling or being spotted... it is just a case of keep trying and sometimes I'm lucky and get through after 3 or 4 tries and sometimes (most times) it takes 12 or more but keep going because the game is worth it... plus it's great to feel that sense of achievement especially when you complete a part you think is impossible :D

Frag_Maniac
01-09-2014, 03:55 AM
Hey Raila, what's up.

I've surfed this forum every day since the game launched and I've yet to hear of this specific problem. I can picture where you're talking about though. Sounds like you're getting past the initial lot OK after coming out of the wooded trail, but after scaling the little wall to the left, you wind up with detection problems whenever trying to whistle and subdue the guards up there?

The only problem I really had in that spot was the guy that was talking with the gal before he strolls back and forth, can easily spot you if you're looting the gal you lured to the bushes after subduing her. Once I waited until he walked away, I had no problem though. Some bushes also have weird high spots where your head and even shoulders stick out, though I've yet to see that cause detection.

Those are all assassins so they're a bit more keen, but with good timing and tactics, it should be doable. If by chance you're experiencing a bug, it would be a lot easier for us to determine that if you could show us a video of it. I'll give you any necessary coaching if you've never made and uploaded videos before. If you'd rather not make one, I can replay that mission and make a short one so you can tell me if your tactics were any different.

When I first played the game it took me a little practicing to perfect stealth kills in stalking zones. After I lure with a whistle, I back up a bit as the guard is approaching, then move toward him/her so I'm close enough to subdue them before they have a chance to stop and search. Otherwise you can easily be spotted. Also, make sure you're tapping the kill button and not the whistle button to subdue. I've made that mistake numerous times without even realizing what was wrong. LOL

Raila88
01-09-2014, 04:52 AM
Thanks.. 3 or 4 tries.... how about 4 hrs and close to 300 times....its simply ridiculous

Raila88
01-09-2014, 04:57 AM
Thanks, remember this is PC not Xbox or PS4,,so I believe the mouse does all the takedown and kill functions.

You are correct, it is the top area , you climb the wall and there are 3 women and 1 man.. when I do the lure whistle thing , I back up as you say and just when i come to do the takedown... the beep sound/ red.. you've been detected.. so I can't even do that. What really irritates me is the Youtube video , he stands up right in front of the assassin, the margin for detection on my PC game seems to be insane and thus making the game unplayable and like AC2 , I fear I will have to abandon the game . BTW AC3 had no such issues, it was a superb game.

NightOwl392
01-09-2014, 05:11 AM
I had to back out of the mission a couple of times, pretty much did every other side mission including capturing all forts, and all available assassinations before trying it again.

strigoi1958
01-09-2014, 05:21 AM
yes there were a few spots that kept me going for ages even before I climbed the wall and yes it took me hours as well but as frag has pointed out it's all about stealth and timing.... I think what helped me a few times was when I knocked out people first before going back to loot bodies. But yes that bit is very frustrating :D. A lot of people use controllers on the pc and it must make it easier but I can't use them so like you I use the keys. I also thought AC3 was superb... in fact the best game I had ever played in 30 years.... till AC4 came along, which is why you must carry on.
If it were me... I'd take frag up on his kind offer and either make a video or follow his moves exactly (the guy knows assassins creed inside out)... he will get you through it in a few goes and you can be back to progressing again :D

Anykeyer
01-09-2014, 06:45 AM
This mission is easy, regardless of controls.

Raila88
01-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Solved, since Edward has an issue with being able to decide the following.. run past and push aside, punch instead of knockdown and a few other " monkey" issues that can be frustrating as hell, I simply ran past them, , I'd get a momentary flash of detection and then moved as far away from the searching assassin as possible, this FINALLY got me there. Its not the " difficulty" of the mission but the issue of actually getting Edward to do what he supposed to do rather than what I call " monkey" , these are automatic moves that are not your " intended " moves.. hence it screws up the game. This is my biggest beef about AC, and they essentially have done nothing to fix the " monkey"
I am at 52% now, finally have the diving bell and am swimming with the sharks :)
Thanks folks

Frag_Maniac
01-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Well, good that you got past it, but it also proves it's not a problem with the game being over sensitive or automatic detection wise. Clearly if you can run past guards in a spot like that, the stealth should also work. Could just be that you weren't quick enough to subdue them when they got to the bushes, or tried to while another was facing you.

Glad you got through it finally, but I hope you can get the stealth to work because it makes the game more realistic, immersive and dynamic.

Raila88
01-10-2014, 04:56 AM
Well, good that you got past it, but it also proves it's not a problem with the game being over sensitive or automatic detection wise. Clearly if you can run past guards in a spot like that, the stealth should also work. Could just be that you weren't quick enough to subdue them when they got to the bushes, or tried to while another was facing you.

Glad you got through it finally, but I hope you can get the stealth to work because it makes the game more realistic, immersive and dynamic.
Thanks..the real issue is not Black Flag per se but the " Monkey effect" here is a small list

1)Edward brings up his fists instead of a weapon
2) climbs instead of running
3) attacks when he needs to keep running to avoid attacks, especially in countdown " follow"
4) runs past when he needs to do a take down
5) punches instead of a takedown
6) keeps taking his swords out of the scabbard
7) can't swim up"
The list goes on and on.. there are a list of " automatic actions" that I don't want to happen that happen anyhow..thats essentially what made the takedowns in the Assassin section impossible, not my ability to be speedy or responsive.

Frag_Maniac
01-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks..the real issue is not Black Flag per se but the " Monkey effect" here is a small list

1)Edward brings up his fists instead of a weapon
2) climbs instead of running
3) attacks when he needs to keep running to avoid attacks, especially in countdown " follow"
4) runs past when he needs to do a take down
5) punches instead of a takedown
6) keeps taking his swords out of the scabbard
7) can't swim up"
The list goes on and on.. there are a list of " automatic actions" that I don't want to happen that happen anyhow..thats essentially what made the takedowns in the Assassin section impossible, not my ability to be speedy or responsive.

A lot of what you're calling automatic there are a result of inadvertently tapping certain buttons too soon or too often, oversensitive object entities (those that are interactive), and poorly coded button function. It's happened to most of us I think.

1. This can often happen if you're trying to reload pistols and get interrupted by a melee attack. The game automatically momentarily equips hands (fists) when you reload.
2. The oversensitive object entities I referred to
3. If you make sure to run in high profile mode (jump button held down), this is much less likely to happen. He also runs more strongly pushing people away vigorously vs being staggered by them.
4. You mean tackle? This can be caused by the game prompting you with different buttons depending on the circumstance, or trying the tackle without the prompt. It was hard for me to tackle James Kidd until I noticed I was getting a LMB prompt for friendlies, vs E for foes. Regardless, it doesn't make sense to me.
5. This happens if the game is prompting for an E tackle and you use LMB instead. I kept killing Sage that way when trying to get the optional objective tackle from above. LOL
6. This happens most often during boarding when there's lots of enemies around and you try to counter but there's not sufficient lockon. Boarding battles are where the melee combat feels very unpolished.
7. You can only lunge upward with Space, you can't swim upward. Sometimes that can feel a bit awkward, but you can still get by the way it is.