PDA

View Full Version : Possible to import save file?

emwearz
01-08-2014, 04:22 AM
I recently lost my save file due to my HDD dying on me, when it happened I thought it would not be a big deal because of Cloud saving, but low and behold, its down. I don't really care about doing all the side quests and what not anymore, I just want to continue with the main story (I am up to Sequence 8).

Does anyone know if it is possible to import other peoples save files? I found a few online, but when I place them in the same directory as my save games (Savefiles>XXX>273) they do not appear in game? Any tips?

YazX_
01-08-2014, 11:50 AM
unfortunately, saves are encrypted per user, you cannot import/use any save from any other user.

Anyway, you could still extract the data from your old HDD as the damage is on the cylinders and head rather than sectors, go to any computer shop, buy a new HDD and ask them to recover the data to the new HDD.

NOTE: you need to search for computer shops that can do this, but in my exp, there are plenty of them.

D-Kruger
01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
It IS possible and very simple, in fact. Download 3dm save converter and someone's save. Then open it, choose "Convert from" and enter you serial code.

YazX_
01-08-2014, 10:02 PM
D-Kruger, delete/change your post before you get banned, any discussion about piracy is not allowed on the forum.

D-Kruger
01-08-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm not discussing piracy. I just told him about a small program that converts saves and does nothing else.

emwearz
01-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Has there been any word as to when the cloud will come back online, might wait it out and just pull my save from there.