PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft seriously??

Chironn
01-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Why on gods green earth would you make a pirate game without a compass in the UI?

DinoSteve1
01-06-2014, 04:20 PM
The game is pretty easy to navigate, why would you need a compass?

Locopells
01-06-2014, 04:33 PM
It's got a compass, there's an arrow on the mini map that points north!?

Furious_Lunatic
01-06-2014, 04:34 PM

This.
Not Ubi's fault you didn't notice...

AdrianJacek
01-06-2014, 05:02 PM
This.
Not Ubi's fault you didn't notice...
No, no. I'm pretty sure the lack of a compass is a glitch. It must be. I mean - every single problem with an AC game is always a glitch. Players never make mistakes or don't notice obvious things. Ever. [sarcasm]
Seriously though - yeah, there IS a compass. And even if there wasn't one there's always the "set a marker" option.

LionHeart XXII
01-06-2014, 06:18 PM
......I think he wanted like actually compass, like one Edward would pull out there for you have to stop and be pulled out of the game and brought to a animation in which Edward pulls out a physical compass and you could navigate that way....:rolleyes:

MnemonicSyntax
01-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Not a compass, but using the Spyglass without being at the wheel would be nice.

Chironn
01-06-2014, 07:18 PM

Check that again and actually pay attention to which way the arrow points.

And no I don't need an animation, but hash marks and north would be handy. the "minimap" is not a compass, and the reason for needing one is so I don't have to open my map every time and set a way-point to head in the direction XYZ.

The need is pretty simple, big ships in the south, my missions are north, that island is east of here.etc..etc..

and it baffles the mind as to how the concept of "direction" escaped development in a game that has a nautical theme.

Chironn
01-06-2014, 07:20 PM
No, no. I'm pretty sure the lack of a compass is a glitch. It must be. I mean - every single problem with an AC game is always a glitch. Players never make mistakes or don't notice obvious things. Ever. [sarcasm]
Seriously though - yeah, there IS a compass. And even if there wasn't one there's always the "set a marker" option.

in your fan boy sarcasm so you can understand it...but yeah...north by the way is "up" on the map...now check your arrow again mate.

MnemonicSyntax
01-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Check that again and actually pay attention to which way the arrow points.

And no I don't need an animation, but hash marks and north would be handy. the "minimap" is not a compass, and the reason for needing one is so I don't have to open my map every time and set a way-point to head in the direction XYZ.

The need is pretty simple, big ships in the south, my missions are north, that island is east of here.etc..etc..

and it baffles the mind as to how the concept of "direction" escaped development in a game that has a nautical theme.

The white arrow on the outside of the minimap always points North.

Kagurra
01-06-2014, 08:45 PM
lol GG.

PandaPuff86
01-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Using the custom marker is my compass. Stop making things so difficult which in reality ain't that hard whatsoever.:rolleyes:

pirate1802
01-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Regarding custom markers, I find it slightly irritating that the game no longer shows the distance from a custom marker on a random location like it used to in earlier games.

PandaPuff86
01-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Any city you go has very short distances when u use markers. Why do u want to see the distance for? Final Countdown to kill?

Silent Running5
01-07-2014, 02:39 AM
Any city you go has very short distances when u use markers. Why do u want to see the distance for? Final Countdown to kill?

He wasn't talking about while your in a city, but the open sea, where your destination could of been far away. I wouldn't mind having a compass just because it was such a important part of any sailing ship, Its a shame they didn't put in a Compass on the outside ring of the mini map that somehow looked like the style they would of had on a ship.

pirate1802
01-07-2014, 03:57 AM

Because I want to see exactly how big the cities are? Normally I'd make a custom marker on the farthest points of the cities and see the size of it. Can't do that in AC4 no more.