PDA

View Full Version : Game bugged and I'm getting tired with searching for help.

KociKociamber
01-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Can someone please explain me how to get a help from Ubisoft? Official support site is claiming that there are unable to help. I have created a topic related to the bug at this forum as suggested by the support - no answer

YazX_
01-06-2014, 09:59 AM
support is the official channel to get help, anyway, whats your problem (we might be able to help you)?

KociKociamber
01-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Support did inform me that "their role is to solve configuration problems on different platforms and they can't interfere to game structure". The did mention that developer's help may be needed and I should try official forum. Is this the right forum then?
My problem is described here. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/820155-Serious-bug-preventing-game-progress-developer-s-help-needed?p=9459457#post9459457)

Richa20599
01-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Might be worth deleting and re-downloading the associated .forge file in case it's corrupted. In your case it will be DataPC_Abstergo.forge I believe.

Externall89
01-06-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't know if this still is nessecary these days but i know in the old days if you play the game directly from disk that there were some corrupt disks around , but if you're playing it from a direct download , i can only suggest to repair game or restart a new game , since you're only in chapter 3 it wouldn't be to much of replay anyway.

KociKociamber
01-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I have downloaded the game from Uplay. Also I've spent too much time on upgrading the ship and the character to start the game again.

strigoi1958
01-08-2014, 06:05 PM
To be honest you have found something that glitched for you at that point. However frustrating it is... I don't think anybody here knows how to get around it except by restarting the game and however much you do not want to do that... at present, I think it is your only option sorry. If it were me I would have started a new game (maybe not when you got the glitch 11 or 12 days ago but) maybe the next day and by now you'd have been long past that point. But I wouldn't overwrite that game save slot... just in case someone does find a "cure" in a day or 2. It could be corrupt data in your download (or a patch or the previous save game) it could have been a power surge/ disruption or driver problem at that point or something else but I don't think there is anyway to go back without restarting the game. :( I'm enjoying my 2nd play through now and will start a 3rd after I finish AC3 again so it's definitely worth starting again whether you've finished or not... besides, it's better to restart and be playing rather than coming here hoping for a miracle while not playing. You must have enjoyed it up to that moment so get back out on the deck of that ship and within a few hours I doubt it will matter.

KociKociamber
01-19-2014, 11:13 AM
I have spent too much time on exploring, gathering items/resources, upgrading the ship, etc. and I really do not want to start all over again. Community was able to write some tools to modify variables in memory of the working game so there is no doubt that developers have possibility to do the same and much much more. The question is why there is NO SUPPORT at all from their side.

strigoi1958
01-19-2014, 11:59 AM
I've been playing 3 days and now I'm at 43% my ship is upgraded to everything apart from elite equipment. I have 1 more fort left to attack and I'm on sequence 4 retribution.... I know this will not ease your frustration but in the time since you started this thread and your post today you could have replayed the game twice.... you can use one of the other save slots and be playing while you search for a solution for that saved game... have you tried any of the suggestions offered you ?
The community is full of very clever people and we're all gamers trying to help each other... I would imagine most of the devs have moved on to another project and maybe only a small team are working on ac4 adding small improvements via updates/ patches.
As I said before... you do have options but you choose not to do them. If you prefer to sit it out and wait for ages you can come here and bump this thread or you could try some of the solutions in this forum but you'd probably be better off posting in the technical help and advice forum. I hope you start playing soon mate.