PDA

View Full Version : Want social events fixed? join me

MeaningPrawn23
01-05-2014, 11:04 PM
i have waited patiently, i have tried contacting ubi support, both by telephone and through opening tickets, i have posted on forums and ubisoft seems content to let us all complain with zero intention of fixing the bugs which are ruining the gameplay experience for most of us. therefor my next step is to plan a flood on ubisoft support until the problem is fixed. starting today i will be opening as many tickets as i have time to and calling the support line as often as i can, i am also refusing to buy any product or download any free content but that part is for you to decide, anyone who chooses to join me please post here to show your support. unless we make it clear this problem need to be addressed, ubisoft will simply continue to work on the next bugged, usless title to rob us of our money

I_Came_From_Xbox
01-06-2014, 12:22 AM
I would love it if this worked, but the fact of the matter is they know there is an issue They just don't want to fix it. All tickets opened get the exact same copy and paste response from the support rep that gets it. I could see this working only if a bunch of people called in and kept them on the phone as long as possible.

Do you have the Ubi support phone number?

MnemonicSyntax
01-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Flooding Ubisoft Support is the worst thing you can do. There's a very good chance that after the first ten or so, you'll be blacklisted.

Sure, martyr, sacrifice, get a new account going... but it won't end up helping you in the long run.

There's been reports that it's being fixed, and a Tweet by UbiGabe himself confirming it.

LoneWolf2106
01-06-2014, 01:50 AM
They was working until the expansion came out, and now I can't even get the white whale for the last outfit I need to craft, nor the last couple weapons and stuff I need cause of this crap. It is getting annoying cause only need the community treasure and events for the last of the weapons and stuff I need. I can't even locate the white whale at all I know its general area from before freedom cry but its nowhere to be found. the community treasure chest I had found my first time threw the game before I restarted isn't even there anymore. I don't even get naval convoys anymore showing up from other people either, but says the ones I found was shared but my friends thats playing at same time says it don't show up on their screen.

fatefodder
01-06-2014, 01:59 AM
It would probably take a petition that declares the signed will not purchase any Ubisoft title (Watch_Dogs, The Division, The Crew) until Black Flag is fixed. And it would need thousands of signatures to start looking worth it to Ubisoft.

I'm at the point where if horrible things were to happen slowly and in real time to the developers, I wouldn't life a finger to help or call the police.

LoneWolf2106
01-06-2014, 02:29 AM
I am at the point where if I seen them in distress, I would just tell my pitbull mastiff to go potty on their heads. this is how irritated and annoyed I am right now at this crap.

crisq
01-06-2014, 02:37 AM
Ubisoft is well known for not giving ****

JAY-132
01-06-2014, 03:11 AM
I've spent 81 hours in this game, I love it, but not once have I seen a social treasure, convoy, or white whale, since I bought the game on December 20th. In all that time playing, I've had my Nexus 7 synced up to my 360 via the AC4 app, so at all times, I've seen the map, and nothing blue has appeared.

From the replies here, it seems like they know there's a problem, but are being slow to fix it. What a complete arse. :/

MnemonicSyntax
01-06-2014, 05:33 AM
For one, many just got back from a long holiday.
Secondly, having worked with a small, in-house network, finding where the "ping/pong" protocol isn't sending/receiving is easier said than done. If it is indeed a server issue on their end, they'll have to tear it down piece by piece and line by line. This could explain why the servers and Initiates are also offline as well. Damage control, or they're hunting and pecking.

The fact that they acknowledged the issue is a great start. I feel they'll pull through here.

LoneWolf2106
01-06-2014, 06:30 AM
but it wouldn't be hard to at least let us know more of whats going on, and at least let us know servers might be going down from time to time also so people know this as well.

MnemonicSyntax
01-06-2014, 06:43 AM
I agree with you. We shouldn't have to ask for those sort of answers.

wellb_b
01-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Sell your copy. Hit them where it hurts

MnemonicSyntax
01-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Nah. 97% of the game is still incredible and a blast.

ThomasAnstiss
01-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Royal Convoy

142,602 (middle of entry to Cape Bonavista bay/harbour)

Platform: PC

Time found: 1800 AEST
Timezone: GMT +10 (NSW, Australia)

3 Hrs remaining @ 1811 AEST

Octavio_Beltrao
01-06-2014, 01:26 PM
I agree with you. We shouldn't have to ask for those sort of answers.

Mr_Shade
01-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I can only apologise for the lack of information - partly due to the holiday season and breaks.

As you are aware, the Dev Team are investigating options now - Social events should be working, however they appear they were altered to be rarer now, which seems to be the main issue since may are having issues finding them - and this is being looked into by the team.

Support should have been able to confirm this to you directly, if you contacted them over the holiday period.

JerethDaGryphon
01-06-2014, 02:14 PM
we get that but , rarer and 60 hours of gameplay with not a single one found is entirly different, i understand the need for attach ratesand how things like this keep people playing a bit longer
but and its a big but, when things become frustrating to the point where petitions and boycotts are being considered then its time to reconsider

we dont even know the formula if it was open information say 5% chance per hour +5% per uplay friend or something similar with a notification saying whale has spawned then its different

as it is i have 65 hours played ive done everything bar picking up remaining buried treasures and all im doing is sitting in an area where something is known to spawn and waiting thats not fun

if it wasnt that i have no other ps4 titles to play id have traded in black flag, we need transparancy and to make this reasonable

noone should have to spend hours waiting on random events for a trophy or achivment, and yea we know ubi hates trophys but we dont please stop punishing us hunters.

also fix the presitge rollover bug, if you hit prestige (which should be an option not mandatory) you should get the l55 trophy
its a good game but fix these social features please

OGRONIN
01-06-2014, 05:03 PM
if it needs to be so rare .. why is it only a bronze trophy on PSN .. makes no sense make it a gold,,

also what about all the people with stuck marker with no timers, Friends that dont show in stats page on 80% of the servers you connect too... not just rare it is glitched completely for some...

75 hours and not a single event, apart from a glitched one with no timer and when you go there nothing appears...

Locopells
01-06-2014, 05:09 PM
They was working until the expansion came out, and now I can't even get the white whale for the last outfit I need to craft, nor the last couple weapons and stuff I need cause of this crap. It is getting annoying cause only need the community treasure and events for the last of the weapons and stuff I need. I can't even locate the white whale at all I know its general area from before freedom cry but its nowhere to be found. the community treasure chest I had found my first time threw the game before I restarted isn't even there anymore. I don't even get naval convoys anymore showing up from other people either, but says the ones I found was shared but my friends thats playing at same time says it don't show up on their screen.

You do know that you can buy all the animal stuff you need for crafting from a general store, right? Not perfect, but allows you to complete the game for now...

Octavio_Beltrao
01-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I can only apologise for the lack of information - partly due to the holiday season and breaks.

As you are aware, the Dev Team are investigating options now - Social events should be working, however they appear they were altered to be rarer now, which seems to be the main issue since may are having issues finding them - and this is being looked into by the team.

Support should have been able to confirm this to you directly, if you contacted them over the holiday period.

If the problem before was that RATE was very high, but no one was having problem.
RATE this now very rare, so why not return the RATE to what it was before??

LoneWolf2106
01-06-2014, 06:24 PM
we might be able to buy the stuff, but for the challenges you have to hunt them yourself and find them for some of the weapons and things.sitting in same spot of where I know the royal convoy spawns for over an hour now and nothing at all.

OGRONIN
01-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Can I buy one blue white whale and a blue chest please..

seriously if they did as a pack, at this stage I would buy it

LoneWolf2106
01-06-2014, 07:25 PM
well the point of the challenges is to actually find them and work together with your friends to do so, anyone that wants to work together this is my xbox tag, add me and say acIV as a message also so I know, perhaps get enough of us working together we can actually do something.

eddie957
01-06-2014, 07:43 PM
i played more than 100hrs and there's no social treasure at all. just 15min ago i found one white whale at(585.600).
i saw it jump out the sea but no message of social event found. i could not mark it.
this is hard to make me belive they are working on the issue.
i'm 100%sure this is my last game by UBI.

LoneWolf2106
01-06-2014, 07:55 PM
I just went there and there was nothing even there at all for me, this is ticking me off I just want to get the last of the stuff for my ship and my weapons for the challenges.

pacmanate
01-06-2014, 08:00 PM
I just went there and there was nothing even there at all for me, this is ticking me off I just want to get the last of the stuff for my ship and my weapons for the challenges.

Dude, its only been 6 weeks since release, give it 24 weeks then they will fix it.

eddie957
01-06-2014, 08:14 PM
even you saw it is useless because no message, you can't mark it which means you didn't find it.
i've finish all the challenges and trophy but this social evnet.....
i'm ok with a game has bug. just fix it. everything's fine. but i can't accept the way UBI repiy. like nothing happened.
at least let us know what's wrong. is that to hard to do?

Cronicbowls
01-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Can I buy one blue white whale and a blue chest please..

seriously if they did as a pack, at this stage I would buy it

Make that a second right here i have 2 saves both at 99 challenges out of 100 those stupid social chests my first play through the game not a one and my second play through i got 2 and now im at the same point again everything completed and me just sailing around and looking on random islands i have already cleared for just one stupid chest not fun at all it seems they did not put much thought into this these events are rare as hell with tons of people playing what are they going to do when this game gets a bit old i just played though ac1 again a few months ago
i get the whole rare idea but i got better luck finding some real pirate treasure laying around my backyard than finding the one more stupid chest i need.

LoneWolf2106
01-06-2014, 08:58 PM
yeah I know I have just finished my second run on the game and no royal convoys, no white whales and not even a single chest either, its annoying the heck out of me.

Cronicbowls
01-06-2014, 09:07 PM
yeah I know I have just finished my second run on the game and no royal convoys, no white whales and not even a single chest either, its annoying the heck out of me.
you on ps3 add me cronicbowls i got a white whale and a convoy right now that will be up for about another 5 and a half hours

eddie957
01-06-2014, 09:28 PM
i'm on ps3 can i add you? are you in game now?

Cronicbowls
01-06-2014, 09:31 PM
i'm on ps3 can i add you? are you in game now?

yea bud you can add me and im in the game now

eddie957
01-06-2014, 10:07 PM
thanks bro! but we just prove can't be shared!! there's no message showing someone find something.

LoneWolf2106
01-06-2014, 10:16 PM
I wish I am on xbox360

Cronicbowls
01-06-2014, 10:17 PM
yep tried to share did not work so i restarted the game now the whale that was in my game is gone and the convoy is glitched out no timer anymore and no ships there anymore just the icon on my map anyone who says they are not broken is full of it and whoever came up with this whole social challenge thing at ubisoft i owe you a good swift kick in the teeth you have truly taken a dump on one of my favorite game series

LoneWolf2106
01-06-2014, 10:21 PM
yeah I know, I love the game series, its a blast to play. Now I am getting annoyed and tired of it cause I can't complete everything cause of their screw ups.

Cronicbowls
01-06-2014, 10:32 PM
yea and all you get is an everything is fine from them i expect that kind of bold face lies from the government but not for a video game just shoot me strait

and btw anyone know how to fix that glitched convoy or is that just another useless save now because im not playing this game to 99% a third time

OGRONIN
01-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Make that a second right here i have 2 saves both at 99 challenges out of 100 those stupid social chests my first play through the game not a one and my second play through i got 2 and now im at the same point again everything completed and me just sailing around and looking on random islands i have already cleared for just one stupid chest not fun at all it seems they did not put much thought into this these events are rare as hell with tons of people playing what are they going to do when this game gets a bit old i just played though ac1 again a few months ago
i get the whole rare idea but i got better luck finding some real pirate treasure laying around my backyard than finding the one more stupid chest i need.

Seriously spent as much time on this one trophy, as it took to get platinum on another game... its a frigging joke..

I dont care if Watchdogs is the best game ever, I will never by another Ubi title again..

Seriously got more chance of winning the lottery than finding a social chest on AC. And people say its not broken.. give me a break!!

In 75 hours play, I have found 1 convoy which glitched and stuck on the map... and despite having like 25 people on my list all playing this I have only seen an event shared from 1 person.. when I went there .. guess what nothing

PLaTiNuM_JuNkY
01-06-2014, 10:46 PM
I have it even worse, I have found all 3 social events and the statistics page confirms it but the trophy glitched and never popped! I have now been sailing around for over 20+ hours hoping for more events so I can hopefully get it but without any luck :(

I contacted Ubi support and got the same response lol

Check my profile http://psnprofiles.com/PLaTiNuM_JuNkY

Not to mention other trophies that also glitched which I had to go back and do on a different save.

Ubi I am a loyal fan and my 100% on every AC game and all DLC you have ever released proves that but you have let me down this time round!

OGRONIN
01-06-2014, 11:02 PM
I feel for you mate... I had a look at the profile .. wow very apt user ID.. It bugs me and I only just started on PSN..

To the devs.. why make a trophy that is pure luck based... and not just luck.. it is luck of which server you connect too.. so in theory you could be at this same silly social event thing for years if you never get on the right server.. come on seriously.. Trophies should be based on skill, not blind luck

Has to be the worst thought out trophy ever.. and its only a bronze ... At least make it worth all this heartache