PDA

View Full Version : Sequence 3 Raise the Black Flag Problems... Help!

BsNewerab
01-05-2014, 07:50 PM
OK, I'm having a lot of trouble getting the optional objectives for Sequence 3 mission Raise the Black Flag.

I got the sugar and I boarded a Hunter ship but I'm being attacked by multiple ships and my ship keeps getting destroyed.

I can't upgrade because it says that I haven't advanced far enough in the story to get those upgrades.

I'm getting really frustrated because I complete the optional objectives and then I high tail it over to the port to complete the mission but it won't let me dock because it says I'm in combat! So I have to take on 2-3 ships and I just keep getting destroyed. Not sure what else I can do though.

Anyone know if I can go back to this mission later and have m Jackdaw upgrades?

Any suggestions? Tips? Strategies? I've been trying to get these optional objectives for a couple days now and I'm about done with it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

md_killer15
02-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Not sure if this problem was already fixed, but there are some ships docked near the port. Try not to hit them, or bring any other ships that are attacking you as that might cause the docked ships to attack you.

jeffies04
02-04-2014, 02:04 AM
You can try dropping some fire barrels and fleeing. If you get far enough away their status will change to yellow. As long as you keep going and doing come back while it's yellow they'll let you get away. I've had to flee from quite a few battles because I was overwhelmed. It can be difficult with the brigs though. Try getting as much distance as possible while they're making a turn or something and duck behind an island. Travel speed usually works too.

EDIT: travel speed will work IF you can get just enough space that it becomes active.

Kytr
02-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Travel speed becoming active is more about direction than space. If you are sailing toward open water away from a ship, you can go to travel speed almost immediately.

jeffies04
02-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Yeah this is true. It's a great way to get out of a sticky situation without having to desync.