PDA

View Full Version : please give us a REAL legacy mode in SP7

king of ur hill
01-03-2014, 12:34 AM
You guys know what we want. so give it to us.

we want a real legacy SvM mode that is true to the old games. i want all the old gadgets and the massive maps that gave spies alot of vertical opportunities to infiltrate a given terminal. i want the old SC-20K with the shocker bolts. NOT A FRIGGIN CROSSBOW. I MEAN COME ON, A CROSSBOW, UBISOFT?? GEEZE.....

i want to be able to put a merc in a choke hold a trash talk him before i snap his neck.

TheRealGunnut19
01-03-2014, 12:47 AM
If I remember correctly, the SC-20K wasn't in SvMs of the past, but a different, non-lethal fictional weapon.

Either way, it would be nice to have a true-to-legacy Classic mode, including the inability to stun-and-stab, of course.

king of ur hill
01-03-2014, 01:28 AM
If I remember correctly, the SC-20K wasn't in SvMs of the past, but a different, non-lethal fictional weapon.

Either way, it would be nice to have a true-to-legacy Classic mode, including the inability to stun-and-stab, of course.

oh ok, i thought it was the same one. havent played in a while.. either way something better than a cross bow. what top secret organization sends its spies out to the field with a friggin cross bow. i dont get it.

yeah, wouldnt meleeing the merc while he is shocked shock you? unless the spy had rubber gloves or something.

Dome500
01-03-2014, 03:45 AM
Yeah a Legacy Mode is requirement for everyone buying the game because he is a legacy SvM fan.

Although I am more sp/coop focused I would highly recommend the construction of a Legacy Mode SHOULD Ubisoft want to continue SvM.

KevinPDZ0916
01-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Unless Ubisoft seriously listened to the veteran SvM fans' requests for a true legacy mode, then most likely we will not get it. I'd say SvM Classic is the closest will ever get to it.

The true legacy SvM is this: http://www.projectstealthgame.com/

It will take a while to be released, but this is barebones CT and PT with Unreal Engine 4 and modern gameplay.

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
01-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Seriously, king of ur hill - give it over man.

Your 4 line threads complaining about the same thing over and over are getting really repetitive and are adding nothing to this forum.

oh ok, i thought it was the same one. havent played in a while.. either way something better than a cross bow. what top secret organization sends its spies out to the field with a friggin cross bow. i dont get it.

yeah, wouldnt meleeing the merc while he is shocked shock you? unless the spy had rubber gloves or something.

Dude, are you serious? Listen to yourself.

What top secret organization sends spies out into the field to do the work SvM spies do in the first place? NONE

If they did send them to "hack terminals" (lolz), do you think they'd send stupid parkour spies with sticky cams and smoke grenades?

No, they'd send full blown hit squads packing much more heat than the stupid sci-fi P-90 style, bullpup tazers seen in PT/CT.

And you're complaining about the physics mechanics of tazing and meleeing?

What spy/soldier would EVER try that in the real world? None. They'd shoot the dude in the head while he wasn't looking.

IT'S A FRIGGING GAME.

Hullyy
01-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Never going to happen, they need to appeal to a broader audience to make money. Broader audience does not equal old school SvM fans. PT and CT were essentially made on accident, gameplay like that will never be around again. Also, it's time to stop posting links about Project Stealth in threads like this, as that game will never be finished.

aznassassin159
01-04-2014, 08:12 AM
...the SC20K wasn't in Legacy SvM. Last time I checked, it was some sort of mutant P90-taser thing.

BLOWITOUTYERASS
01-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Never going to happen, they need to appeal to a broader audience to make money. Broader audience does not equal old school SvM fans. PT and CT were essentially made on accident, gameplay like that will never be around again. Also, it's time to stop posting links about Project Stealth in threads like this, as that game will never be finished.

well it may seem slow but Project stealth is still alive and kicking so its the best thing for the community so I wouldnt have such a closed mind but When it does come out You will be sorry you ever made that comment. Just saying.

Hullyy
01-04-2014, 12:46 PM
People have been saying this **** for like 7 years now. It' never going to happen, get over it.

shobhit7777777
01-04-2014, 01:19 PM

Your 4 line threads complaining about the same thing over and over are getting really repetitive and are adding nothing to this forum.

Dude, are you serious? Listen to yourself.

What top secret organization sends spies out into the field to do the work SvM spies do in the first place? NONE

If they did send them to "hack terminals" (lolz), do you think they'd send stupid parkour spies with sticky cams and smoke grenades?

No, they'd send full blown hit squads packing much more heat than the stupid sci-fi P-90 style, bullpup tazers seen in PT/CT.

What spy/soldier would EVER try that in the real world? None. They'd shoot the dude in the head while he wasn't looking.

IT'S A FRIGGING GAME.

LOL

Agreed

king of ur hill
01-04-2014, 04:58 PM

the reason i like to bring up these topics periodically is cuz i refuse to give up on this game. SC is my favorite series of all time. I feel like if ubisoft sees that the community hasnt forgotten about these topics they wont either. and thus will bring back our beloved game modes.

actually, if such an organization did secretly exist, there would be good reasons to send "stupid parkour spies" instead of lets say a seal team out to attain data from computers/terminals. the most important reason being that it would be quiet and untraceable.. sending in a high powered team of seals (or any type of special OP team with obvious U.S. uniforms and other U.S. giveaways) would be all over the media the following day and would show the world who exactly was trying to infiltrate the place. think about it. if you wanted it to be a quiet job, where no one could ever find out who really was after the information, you'd send in "stupid parkour spies."

when people are killed in an infiltration attempt that only brings more negative attention from the media.. the goal of the spy is to get in, hack, and never been seen. But when **** happens and you are seen and you dont want the media talking about some guards being killed the next day, you would just taze him and run away with the data you aquired.

how would i know any of this? Im in the military and understand how they would operate in a situation like this... it may not make sense to a civilian with no tactical/combat training though.

thanks for reading.

(drops the mic and walks of stage)

StrayDog_RR
01-04-2014, 06:22 PM
People have been saying this **** for like 7 years now. It' never going to happen, get over it.

Project Stealth is developed by a small team. It's obvious that they need time for do their things well.

king of ur hill
01-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Project Stealth is developed by a small team. It's obvious that they need time for do their things well.

id rather wait longer for a better quality game. ill actually get a gaming laptop when that finally comes out to play it.

Hullyy
01-04-2014, 06:49 PM

They have been "working" on this game for 7+ years, and the're still posting pre alpha images on their FB page. This game is not happening, and if it does, I'll be eating my words a decade from now.

SolidSage
01-04-2014, 07:36 PM
the reason i like to bring up these topics periodically is cuz i refuse to give up on this game. SC is my favorite series of all time. I feel like if ubisoft sees that the community hasnt forgotten about these topics they wont either. and thus will bring back our beloved game modes.
I think you mean frequently, as in, several times a day.

actually, if such an organization did secretly exist, there would be good reasons to send "stupid parkour spies" instead of lets say a seal team out to attain data from computers/terminals. the most important reason being that it would be quiet and untraceable..
Parkour is quiet?

sending in a high powered team of seals (or any type of special OP team with obvious U.S. uniforms and other U.S. giveaways) would be all over the media the following day and would show the world who exactly was trying to infiltrate the place. think about it. if you wanted it to be a quiet job, where no one could ever find out who really was after the information, you'd send in "stupid parkour spies."
Yes, that's why the U.S Government has being using Parkour Spies for espionage and infiltration for decades instead of Navy SEALs and other Tier 1 Operators.
You can feel the facepalm coming on this one right?

when people are killed in an infiltration attempt that only brings more negative attention from the media.. the goal of the spy is to get in, hack, and never been seen. But when **** happens and you are seen and you dont want the media talking about some guards being killed the next day, you would just taze him and run away with the data you aquired.
Oh lord. No. Spec Ops teams eliminate threats to ensure secrecy, they don't taze people, it's unreliable.

how would i know any of this? Im in the military and understand how they would operate in a situation like this... it may not make sense to a civilian with no tactical/combat training though.
12 years USN. Everything you said here contradicts everything I learned during my enlistment.

thanks for reading.
Sorry for contradicting you but I can't stand by and watch untruth's being spread so flagrantly.

(drops the mic and walks of stage)
off the front of the stage face first into the front row seating ;)

EL.Smasho
01-04-2014, 08:36 PM
IT'S A FRIGGING GAME.

lolol
crossbow = unrealistic
invisibility suit = legit

My poser sense is tingling...

We're never going to get anything like legacy SvM. Just appreciate the masterpiece and move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsxhy_9iijg

king of ur hill
01-04-2014, 09:18 PM
i do not create threads on here several times a day...

parkour is loud?? i think not.

im discussing this imagining if the government actually had a stealth/splinter cell division of some kind how would they realistically send in a couple spies to acquire data in a place sensitive location.?you would'nt always want to take out an enemy, SolidSage. it would depend on the place and the mission. sometimes killing someone to hold a secret is worse than the opposite, again, it would all depend on the location.

im very detail oriented. it drives me crazy when something just isnt realistic in a game.

hmm, a taze could be unreliable depending on what the enemy was wearing. which is why you would have your tazer fitted to a rifle then i suppose? but then the spies would have weapons and that would just be blacklist mode. lol.

maybe i am going into TOO much detail about this. it is JUST a game, but its my favorite! i just cant stand the idea of a single shot crossbow. and i most certainly cant stand to watch ubisoft dumb down my favorite multiplayer of all time... :(

I believe that if we keep telling ubisoft what we want theyll give it to us. the worst thing we can do is just "appreciate the master piece and move on."

sorry if i annoy you with my posts, just dont read them?

EL.Smasho
01-04-2014, 09:52 PM
im discussing this imagining if the government actually had a stealth/splinter cell division of some kind how would they realistically send in a couple spies to acquire data in a place sensitive location

The entire SC premise is unrealistic so trying to apply reality to any part of it is silly. Want to "acquire data?" Find the guy who has access to it and pay him. There are no sam fishers in the world of intelligence.

Legacy SvM was a fluke, flash in the pan, accident. They made a game that ended up being played much differently than they had imagined. Plus it was simply too difficult for the overwhelming majority of players. BL SvM could be pretty close if they make better maps, with different objective types, and combine BL customization with classic darkness.

SolidSage
01-04-2014, 11:59 PM
i do not create threads on here several times a day...
Okay. You just create a lot of threads that are sort of one off complaint type things so that they will get seen more by people scanning the boards in the hope Dev's will take notice. I didn't take issue with it, just trying to keep the facts straight but as you pointed out, I exaggerated too.

parkour is loud?? i think not.
Well if by Parkour you mean running slowly on your tip toes and not doing much climbing I guess you would be right. But if you mean Parkour where a guy is flying about like the Spies in SC, sorry, exerting yourself creates noise, foot placement creates noise, surfaces amplify noise. Even the best free climbers make some noise and they aren't in the Parkour classification because they're not moving at high velocities.
I mean you could say that a guy Parkouring across grass and hopping a low fence here or there would be virtually silent but honestly, that's just running. IMO of course. Not a pro.

im discussing this imagining if the government actually had a stealth/splinter cell division of some kind how would they realistically send in a couple spies to acquire data in a place sensitive location.?you would'nt always want to take out an enemy, SolidSage. it would depend on the place and the mission. sometimes killing someone to hold a secret is worse than the opposite, again, it would all depend on the location.
So using fantasy as a basis for facts.
I dunno, if they had an SC division I imagine it would play out like a group of guys with the authority to carry out objective based missions without any support. Meaning that the focus would be on self sufficiency and proficiency in a wide array of tactics. I personally do not think Parkour or tazing people would be a part of the SOP at all.
Clandestine espionage would likely take the form of Satellite based surveillance and data mining of a kind. Computer whiz kid stuff. Physical Spies would more likely come in the guise of College Students, Professors, Doctors, Analysts, etc. Very unlikely that an athletic combat professional like Sam would be used for covert data collection. But you might be right.

Sure, kiling isn't always likely, but the personnel you don't want to kill you probably want to keep in a location where you can extract information form them. Otherwise, the best way to mask your presence is to take the intel without anyone ever knowing it's gone. No tazing, no choke holds that are magically forgotten. No footprint at all. IMO :)

im very detail oriented. it drives me crazy when something just isnt realistic in a game.
I bet you loved split jumps though. Realistic in that they can be performed, very unrealistic that they would ever be used in the momentary threat situations Sam used them in.
SC has always been about plausible, rather than realistic. That's what allows for it to be fun :)

hmm, a taze could be unreliable depending on what the enemy was wearing. which is why you would have your tazer fitted to a rifle then i suppose? but then the spies would have weapons and that would just be blacklist mode. lol.
Tazers are slow, have short range and are slower to reload. That's before we ever get into accuracy and the reaction that a target has to getting shocked. They don't go to sleep you know, they go "oh FUNK, AAARRRRGGGHH, wtf AARRGGh, you bastard!" and things like that. Not reliable at all for a silent take down. And I wouldn't believe that an armed target would be unable to fire their weapon while being shocked. I have a tiny bit of experience with electricity of higher voltages..and amperage....and up to this point, I have always had a tendency to have very physical reactions to catching a shock. Muscle spasms created by a DC charge would not pair well with a trigger finger in the wrong place.
Much better to use an additive to someone's diet or respiratory system if you want to do some undetected infiltration where you have to engage a life form I think, and still maintain secrecy.

maybe i am going into TOO much detail about this. it is JUST a game, but its my favorite! i just cant stand the idea of a single shot crossbow. and i most certainly cant stand to watch ubisoft dumb down my favorite multiplayer of all time... :(
No, I think you weren't thinking in detail enough, just sort of having a quick debate and then I barged in and wanted to go more in detail. I didn't like the crossbow at all during the build cycle. It hangs off his belt in a way that would certainly diminish any parkour abilities, it'd be a pain to load and cartridges or arrows slip and fall out of similar devices pretty consistently..especially moving about like Sam does. So I agree, the crossbow is a bit out there, but it's applications are quite fun from a play perspective and that's REALLY what SplinterCell is about isn't it?
I like to play with the stun gun rather than the crossbow personally but I kind of need the crossbow when I'm going for high scoring stuff. It's a good tool and my opinion of it has altered slightly.
Shame it wasn't just the SC20K but what are you gonna do.

My favorite game too, SC that is. SvM is an acquired taste I think, for me there have always been more cons than pros for it to really warrant devoting a lot of time too.

I believe that if we keep telling ubisoft what we want theyll give it to us. the worst thing we can do is just "appreciate the master piece and move on."
I agree. But over the duration I have proved to myself that communicating with them in a more sincere fashion and trying to really identify where I might be responsible for some error in assessing the product, is much more likely to be taken on board.
They invited me to E3 for the SCB reveal in fact and I was included in the studio visit where we got our first hands on with the game pre-release. The most interesting thing to me is that the same awe I had during that first hand on, has returned to me after it diminished upon retail release. It's taken a lot of hands on time to really appreciate how much depth is in the design and build of the Sp and coop.
I still think SCB's SvM is great but I think it isn't dialed in for general audience competitive play. And in this highly competitive industry at this time, if it doesn't draw people in immediately and maintain their admiration, other MP's will blaze right on by. SvM requires TOO MUCH skill to appeal to the masses, which is a shame and the player pool just isn't big enough to keep skill levels paired up very well.

sorry if i annoy you with my posts, just dont read them?
Don't know what gave you that impression. I've spent quite a bit of time replying to them..wouldn't that suggest that I enjoy the interaction?
I'm just trying to appeal to your positivity so we can move on to some detailed discussion that expresses the concerns we all agree on in a manner that can be more easily accepted by the sensitive natures that designers and Developers must have when it comes to their work. I know criticism of MY work can be hard to take some times.

Play on player, SC lives :)

SCCUser1978
01-05-2014, 09:26 PM
You guys know what we want. so give it to us.

we want a real legacy SvM mode that is true to the old games. i want all the old gadgets and the massive maps that gave spies alot of vertical opportunities to infiltrate a given terminal. i want the old SC-20K with the shocker bolts. NOT A FRIGGIN CROSSBOW. I MEAN COME ON, A CROSSBOW, UBISOFT?? GEEZE.....

i want to be able to put a merc in a choke hold a trash talk him before i snap his neck.

I don't want to sound rude but posting the same sh***t over & over won't change anything.
We've seen these requests from "variable speed", "lock-picking" and that's just naming a few.
After all of those requests,we got nothing.