PDA

View Full Version : Blacklist + Wii U = System Seller (IMHO)

Webimpulse
12-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey all,

I just got a Wii U for Xmas, as well as Splinter Cell Blacklist for it. I gotta say, DAYUM! :cool: I wish all games made by third parties for the Wii U had this level of dedication. As it stands, third-party developers outside of Nintendo and Ubisoft like to poo-poo the Wii U (hey, that rhymes) and say it's a "failure," etc. Well, if these developers had half the creativity of the Blacklist Wii U's development team when it comes to making Wii U games, I think more people would buy their games for the Wii U (and of course Wii Us to play it on).

TL;DR: Blacklist rocks on the Wii U, and more devs outside of Ubisoft need to invest in it.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone on these forums plays Blacklist on the Wii U, but if you do, look me up. I need co-op/multi partners. :D My username on the Wii U is different than my forum name here - on the Wii U, it's Wiiuloswag.

(I'm sorry for that username...no I'm not ;) )

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, thank you for your feedback.

KevinPDZ0916
12-30-2013, 11:55 PM
Welcome for the fourms. I personally don't have a Wii U. I may get one someday when the price goes down, and if Nintendo comes out with a HD first-person Metroid game. Gotta see what Zelda HD looks like too. But Mario Kart 8 looks enticing too... lol. Anyway, I thought about getting Blacklist again for that system if I ever get one. The innovation with the gamepad seems like it would make the game easier to control and have the gamepad make sense. The reason I understood the Wii was because of the motion controls. I don't understand yet (even by some of Nintendo's own games) when I need a controller with a touch screen. Some games like Zombi U I've heard really are beneficial, but games like Super Mario World 3D just don't use it that much. I played a demo of Mairo World 3D at Best Buy, and the bottom screen was showing the exact same game as my tv. What's the point? I heard the gamepad battery life is extremely short; only 4 hours long. I play games for a long time, so that is a concern.

Anyways, I'm glad your'e having fun with Blacklist. Does it play like Mario World 3D where it displays the exact same gameplay screen as what you see on the tv? Or is mostly inventory settings and stuff like that? I know you can fly the drone too.

Dome500
12-31-2013, 02:35 AM
The reason Wii U is percieved a "failure" is because mot enough developers developed good games for it and because of that sales of both, Wii U and the games for it, went down. Because of that other developers didn't develop games for it at all.

OH, and Microsoft and Sony pay a lot to make some titles exclusive for themselves, or at least for PC/XboX/PS only...

Weagles_Fan
12-31-2013, 02:45 AM
The reason Wii U is percieved a "failure" is because mot enough developers developed good games for it and because of that sales of both, Wii U and the games for it, went down. Because of that other developers didn't develop games for it at all.

OH, and Microsoft and Sony pay a lot to make some titles exclusive for themselves, or at least for PC/XboX/PS only...

I don't know if it's changed, but in the past Nintendo charged 3rd party devs a ton of money to do games for their consoles, which put a lot off to begin with. They never cared if others did games for them, they were only worried about their own games.

Webimpulse
12-31-2013, 04:02 AM
Hey Kevin,

What makes Blacklist cool for the Wii U is its use of the touch screen, believe it or not. As you have guessed, most of the time it's an inventory screen, and it's much quicker, I've discovered, to switch items with the touch screen than with the inventory wheel used with the D-pad in other versions. Just being able to touch the item you want is much more intuitive, instead of having to hold down a button and the d-pad for item selection.

Blacklist also uses the motion controls of the Wii U gamepad (yes, it has an accelerometer, but more akin to mobile phones than the Wiimote of old). When using the sticky camera, for example, you physically move the Wii U gamepad to rotate the camera view. This is also used when flying the drone in the Insurgent Stronghold mission.

KevinPDZ0916
12-31-2013, 06:29 AM
@Webimpulse, that sounds really awesome. It really does. I will surely pick this version up if I ever buy a Wii U.

Another question I have is, does the motion controls for the Wii U gamepad also apply for the Merc's drone in SvM? Does SvM also have the quick inventory switch with gadgets and weapons? Or is it done manually by buttons?

djwacko
12-31-2013, 10:57 AM
got the wii u as soon as it came out.
bought the black pack with zombi u and a extra contoller.
Liked the options on the gamepad with zombi-u only the game not my kind.
After the updates the system runs smoother and this week you get enormus discount op ubisoft games!
Loved rayman legends, and also rabbids land. the controller comes to live with the ubisoft games!

I truely hope my splinter cell order comes soon, i love all ubisoft made for the wiiu!

I hear ubisoft isn't going to release games anymore for wii u? please tell me this isn't true.

PS the controller is handy also when your gril wants to watch tv, i can game on with the screen of the controller :-)

@kevin i will see if the Wii U gamepad also apply's for the Merc's drone in SvM when i get it