PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 3

jaagtayraho
12-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone
I was an avid assassins creed fan and played all to completion up to revelations I completed all of them on ps3 but switched to 360 after revelations and never brought assassins creed 3.

Now that 4 has been released I have decided to make a comeback on 3 but have a few questions

1- is it worth picking up 3 now or going straight to 4
2- how long does assassins creed 3 take to finish ( main quest with a few side quests )
3- are there any main changes on 360 compared to ps3
4- how do you wall run lol I was never able to do it
5- gameplay wise how is it fast or lots of hand holding
6- how is the story compared to 4 and Etzio
7- is the combat harder compared to revelations
8- how much Desmond time is there

Thanks I will post more questions after :)

Edit : I'm now on 360 sorry for any confusion also I have played ALL the previous assassins creeds until 3

adventurewomen
12-29-2013, 07:48 PM
1. If you want to know the story go with AC3 first then AC4.

2. AC3 should take up to 30 - 45 hours to complete for 100% full sync that includes collecting all collectables and side missions.

3. The PS3 version of AC3 includes the Benedict Arnold DLC that is exclusive to Playstation & PC versions of AC3.

4. Just run up to a wall, there isn't any problems with freerunning in AC3.

5. This varies on your experience of the game, I can't tell you it's something you will need to find out.

6. The story of the Kenway's starting with AC3 then goes on to AC4. I can't tell you too much this is something you would need to find out for yourself. I'm not one to give spoilers.

7. The combat in AC3 is great, it's by far better than Revelations imo.

8. Desmond has a few missions, I'll let you find out more about what happens to him.

I hope this helps you..If you're a fan of all the games so far then I highly recommended you playing AC3 and all the AC3 DLC's (Benedict Arnold & Tyranny of King Washington episodes are great) if you have the time. :)

I hope you enjoy playing AC3! :)

jaagtayraho
12-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Thank you for your help I was on 360 though

adventurewomen
12-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Thank you for your help I was on 360 though
You're welcome! If you don't mind missing out on the Benedict Arnold DLC then go with the 360 version. If you still have your PS3, you could go for that version since you wouldn't be missing out on any DLC with the PS3 version. Although ToKW is available on all consoles, it's just that Benedict Arnold DLC is restricted to PC & PS3 versions.

The choice is up to you.

jaagtayraho
12-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Only 360 :(
How buggy is ac3 post patch

poptartz20
12-29-2013, 08:38 PM
I hope you enjoy AC3. Keep in mind that this is a new character made to be completely different from Ezio. Also with the story of the Kenways.. it's more about how the creed can enter peoples lives and the affect it has on them vs people being born into or just following it with blinders on.

even if you don't it's all good as well! :D Everybody has their opinions!

AC3 is one of those games... that was split down the middle A lot of people hate and A lot of others Love it! Either way Happy Gaming!

adventurewomen
12-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Only 360 :(
How buggy is ac3 post patch
Well you'll still have the ToKW episodes to play then so no worries. :)
You'll just miss an hour of the Benedict Arnold DLC, which you can watch someone play on Youtube.

Well there are some bugs & glitches in AC3 nothing that will be too distracting, like all AC games have bugs and glitches nothing too much to be concerned about.

Also I would just recommended you playing AC3, because like I said your experience of the game counts more than what someone else will say about the game.

poptartz20
12-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Also I would just recommended you playing AC3, because like I said your experience of the game counts more than what someone else will say about the game.

So True! :D

Shahkulu101
12-29-2013, 09:00 PM
You will very much enjoy the sole crushing linearity and lack of open-ended assassination missions - everything's just scripted! And there are some QTE assassinations as well - awesome game. :D

poptartz20
12-29-2013, 09:02 PM
everything's just scripted!

umm.... isn't everything. Including our own lives? Haha. maybe not that far. But all games are technically scripted.

Lol!

pirate1802
12-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Pretty sure my life's not scripted. Or maybe I'm just scripted to think I'm not scripted..

Shahkulu101
12-29-2013, 09:08 PM
umm.... isn't everything. Including our own lives? Haha. maybe not that far. But all games are technically scripted.

Lol!

Yes but there's hardly any freedom in the way we play - ubisoft just holds our hands oh I get all warm and fuzzy when ubi are by my side. I feel so badass. :o