PDA

View Full Version : Personal gameplay challenges?

SixKeys
12-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Do you have any personal challenges that you sometimes set for yourselves during certain missions? Like looting warehouses without killing a single guard, not being detected even once (including those warning sounds when a guard has spotted you but you can still duck out of sight), only upgrading Edward with the bare minimum equipment, taking down forts using only chain shots, etc.? I'd like to hear some ideas.

AssassinHMS
12-29-2013, 12:59 AM
I use a glitch to remove all weapons (blowpipe, swords, guns, etc.) and then get the hidden blades back. I also proceed to acquire a throwing knife plus a few smoke bombs and replay all the missions like this. In addition, I use the cheat where Edward’s health doesn’t regenerate, I turn all HUD off and I restrain myself from buying any upgrades for Edward.
However, I don’t do much more other than this. Sure, I try to slip by undetected and keep the kills to a minimum (often use fists when I need to put a guard out of commission and leave the hidden blade for the main target).
Perhaps it is worth mentioning that I set the brightness to a minimum which, in consequence, makes spotting enemies much harder at night (which adds realism). Problem is, they don’t seem to have the same trouble. Lack of a shadow/light stealth system I guess.

SixKeys
12-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Doesn't the wespon removal glitch make it impossible to get the blowpipe back at all? Disabling it for one mission would be nice, but I wouldn't want to lose it forever.

silvermercy
12-29-2013, 01:07 AM
All the time. And I usually fail. lol

My personal faves are either not getting detected at all and, if I fail, I make it my mission to kill ALL the guards in the area. (I guess I have anger management issues. lol).

I sink ships using chain-shots. I barely used the mortar actually...

AssassinHMS
12-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Doesn't the wespon removal glitch make it impossible to get the blowpipe back at all? Disabling it for one mission would be nice, but I wouldn't want to lose it forever.
According to what I've heard, if you replay the mission where you acquire it [Sequence 4, Memory 4] and quit the game after you gain possession of the blowpipe, Edward gets it back.

Fatal-Feit
12-29-2013, 01:17 AM
I usually try my best to be bare-handed. Most exceptions are during the main quests or a contract. Killing guards over tedious treasures or warehouses makes me guilty, even if it's just a game.

LieutenantRex
12-29-2013, 03:00 AM
I usually try my best to be bare-handed. Most exceptions are during the main quests or a contract. Killing guards over tedious treasures or warehouses makes me guilty, even if it's just a game.

It's cool to feel guilty. A lot of the guards turn out to be nice guys. I was standing near a group of them in Kingston (not too close so they could shove me away), and heard one talking about having a small son and finishing his tour to go home to his family. Another guard was talking about picking up playing the viola. How can you kill guards like that?

D.I.D.
12-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah. At the start of the game, I wanted to see if I could take over any other ships, which was tricky in the early stages because of the speed of the smallest ships, but if you caught any that were doing circuits of a small island then you could wait in the right spot for their next rotation. I also got really into taking over ships with just my fists, which then turned into boarding ships by swimming up to them and punching out everyone on board. You can go back to the Jackdaw afterwards and use cannons to "win" the ship instantly, if you want to have it in the fleet.

The best ones are obviously the man-o-war class, especially because they have two snipers up in the rigging who in theory make it impossible for you to swim up close to them. If you time your dives, you can duck under the water when they're shooting until you can grab the side of the boat, then get up the masts quickly to take them out first.

oliacr
12-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes, most of the times I want to do the mission stealthy, but sometimes I just go and kill everyone as fast as I can.