PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Requested

pirabee
12-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Guys,

I recently bought this game and attempted to download it from the cd. I was told to go online and I did and had Steam also installed. However, the game would not activate from either of the two desktop icons created. I ran to Support for help and the stock answers suggested deleting local content and redownloading all over. My heart skipped several beats cos redownloading may entail going online again and getting another mammoth installation which costs the earth where I live.

Does anyone have any idea why Im having this problem at all? Has anyone faced it before? And more importantly is there a way around it that may not require redownloading everything from scratch - and preferably not online but from my authentic CD? A little extra info that may help is that each time I click on the icon and wait indefinitely without any response, the Steam engine tells me I had played the game at the said time even though all I succeeded in doing was stare at my ugly windows desktop all that time.

I operate a Win8 with ample space and good ram and processor speed and have an AMD 7850 card installed. Any useful tips will be much appreciated, please.

Pirabee.

pirabee
12-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Whoopsy, I'm sorry I forgot to mention that the game in question is Il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover for PC and DVD.