PDA

View Full Version : How to setup Logitech F710 for Assassin's Creed II (no 3rd party software required)

svarma241
12-28-2013, 12:39 PM
I struggled a lot to find this simple fix for making my Logitech F710 to work with Assassin's Creed II. I tried using Pinnacle Game Profiler and Logitech Gaming software. But both had their drawbacks.

Pinnacle Game Profiler is a paid software. It definitely does work but makes the movement of the character very jerky. I.e. it doesn't respect the joystick movements as it should. Nothing happens if I move my joystick a tad it left or a tad bit right. Which means, the character will take very sharp left right turns, which makes the gameplay very unnatural.

Later I tried using Logitech Gaming Software and it was a big hassle to find out how a console controller works and then remapping the keys in the exact same manner, which I believe the controller should be doing by default.

Finally, I tried changing the keymapping file in AC2 folder to make my F710 work as it should, but as soon as I opened the file, I found that the Rumblepad is supported by the game and already has a profile built in. Now i also knew that if I changed the input mode on my controller to 'D' (Direct Input), Windows detects the controller as Logitech Rumblepad. And that really was the solution. So in a line,

Change the input mode to 'D' (Direct Input), wait for Windows to install the drivers (if you are using the Direct Input mode, Windows would need to detect the controller and install drivers). Once the installation is complete, start the game, select Logitech Rumplepad as the input method and Voila!

Feel free to comment and post if the following method worked for you or not : )