PDA

View Full Version : Blood Dragon crashes every single time

octiceps
12-28-2013, 08:03 AM
I got a digital copy of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon from Uplay. During installation, I got a popup that said something like "CRC error: blood_main.dat doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file" and it would not continue. I chose "ignore" and the game finished installing. Now the game launches just fine, but when I try to start a new game, it crashes every single time on the load screen with this error:

http://i.imgur.com/Zar4saM.png

I've already submitted a ticket to Ubisoft support but they're useless. It's been days now and they haven't responded. What a pathetic showing of "support."

I also did some research on Google and it seems this sort of crashing is a very common occurrence with both Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon, but there is no solution.

I don't know if corrupt installation files are to blame, hence the CRC error. But that seems absurd given that this is a digital version from Uplay and the download client should have some sort of file integrity check in place. It would be ridiculous if it turns out that it's the actual files on the Ubisoft servers that are corrupt. :mad:

I'm already way over my Internet bandwidth cap for this month so I really don't want to redownload and reinstall the whole game if possible as that's just gonna cost me more money. Plus I've got no guarantee that doing so will fix the problem. Does Uplay have a "verify integrity of game cache" or "repair installation" option like Steam and Origin do? I looked everywhere but couldn't find it.

My system specs:

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-3630QM 3.4 GHz quad-core CPU
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB SLI (2 GPU's)
GeForce 331.82 WHQL driver
8GB DDR3 1600 MHz