PDA

View Full Version : DLC confusion, PS3 version

GameGirlGoneWild
12-27-2013, 04:56 PM
I am new to this so sorry if a stupid question, but I was shocked when I went into the store and saw the dlc list. I had reviewed the dlc content list on the official website before I got the game, so I was anticipating seeing a LOT more songs on there. Some packs are not there either. And some songs are on there that are listed as available in a pack with more songs from that band but not all of the songs are available by the band neither individually nor in any pack. Where are the missing tracks? There were a number of great songs I was hoping to get that are not there.

Also, is there any way to make the original Rocksmith disc tracks available to purchase for my game without buying the disc? I definitely wouldn't bother playing the original game since I have 2014, but I understand there is a way to purchase the use of them with 2014. Is the option only available, at any cost, to original game owners?

Thanks for the help. I am really enjoying the game and hope there will be some way of getting some of these missing tracks soon.

jgrantham7
12-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Sounds like you're really enjoying your new game! LOL

There's no simple answer to all of your questions.
1) For the PS3, the only way to get the original Rocksmith on-disc songs is to buy a copy of the disc, and then import them into 2014. Sorry. (But it's worth finding a used copy to do so.)
2) Most of the original Rocksmith DLC will import into 2014. However, there are a few songs that won't import due to licensing agreements. You can buy the original songs and packs through the PSN store.
3) In 2014, the only packs that show up will be the new 2014 packs. It doesn't list the original packs, but you can still buy those packs from the PSN store.
4) In 2014, you can still buy DLC songs individually. Both the original and 2014 DLC songs are in the list.
5) And, most confusing of all, there were a few songs released individually for the original Rocksmith. Later, Ubi released a couple more songs from the same artist, and then released a pack consisting of the old and the new songs. For people that had already purchased the song, there was no benefit, but you could still order the songs individually.

Have I confused you enough?
LOL

dm_gsxr
12-27-2013, 05:12 PM
One more thing is that the PS3 has some issue so that several of the songs/packs won't be available until Jan 7th. I'm not 100% sure it's for every PS3 or just the European players though.

Carl

GameGirlGoneWild
12-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Thank you very much; you made my day! I went on the PSN store and found some of the missing tracks I really wanted! They should really fix this so they are all available in-game. They are probably losing money due to people not knowing about or finding the songs. As for others I will check again on January 7.

jgrantham7
12-27-2013, 06:25 PM
One more thing is that the PS3 has some issue so that several of the songs/packs won't be available until Jan 7th. I'm not 100% sure it's for every PS3 or just the European players though.

The Muse pack has been delayed until Jan. 7th for PS3 users.
However, you can still buy the Muse songs individually.

There are a number of DLC delays for non-US players.

C.Linton
12-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Actually, all of the old RS1 DLC should be available in the in game shop, except for the song packs. You can still get those in the PSN store.
As to having to own the original RS1 disc in order to use the import tool, that's not entirely true. All you really need is to either borrow or rent the game so you can generate a save game on your hard drive. All you need is that save, you don't need to have the disc in the machine at all.

GameGirlGoneWild
12-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Actually, all of the old RS1 DLC should be available in the in game shop, except for the song packs. You can still get those in the PSN store.
As to having to own the original RS1 disc in order to use the import tool, that's not entirely true. All you really need is to either borrow or rent the game so you can generate a save game on your hard drive. All you need is that save, you don't need to have the disc in the machine at all.

I found a couple of Black Keys individual tracks I was looking for that were not in the in-game store that were on the PSN store, as well as some packs that weren't in-game. Seems odd that this is the case, but thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is looking for these tracks. Hopefully they will fix it so they are all in the game.

sh1kamaru-
12-30-2013, 12:02 AM
talking about the black keys, you won't find Tighten up, it's still a song that's missing and it's not in a pack either. hope you enjoy the other ones, they're great songs :)

Marauder359
12-30-2013, 02:30 AM
With regard to the RS1 disc songs.... Do you know someone who had RS1 for PS3? In order to buy the import tool and get all the songs from RS1 into RS2014 on PS3 they designed it so you only have to have a RS1 game save, not the disc. So, if a friend has RS1 and they come over and play it on your console for 2 seconds, you can then pay the $10 to import the songs. It's how they designed it, so avail yourself if you can.

jgrantham7
12-30-2013, 03:11 PM
talking about the black keys, you won't find Tighten up, it's still a song that's missing and it's not in a pack either. hope you enjoy the other ones, they're great songs :)

Tighten Up was released individually.
You can still download the song from the store.

sh1kamaru-
12-30-2013, 03:22 PM

so Graffin_G is wrong on that one ? :o

daddy_felix
01-01-2014, 05:05 PM

well, right now it is *not* available in the EU PSN store. At least not for Rocksmith.

ANd no, I can't download it right now.