PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed thus fail

xbeav3rx
12-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Lets start from with ac1 i still play it but find myself trying to keep calm due to frustration - im enjoying it

AC2 - one of the best stories, i really like it

ACb - enjoyed the game but i couldnt put my finger on what was missing

ACr - had fun and was happy with the plot holes that were filled didnt care much for the multiplayer

AC3 - i really didnt like connors story didnt feel like AC loved wolfpack mode

AC4 - should have been called pirates creed what happen to the stealthness to being an assassin using the night sneaking around not impressed but i did enjoy the open world

pirate1802
12-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Cool story bro.

Fatal-Feit
12-27-2013, 09:12 AM
AC:2's story is overrated.

I don't know if it's just me but I think all of Darby's work is far better than its predecessors.

pirate1802
12-27-2013, 10:01 AM

Word. Also the hypocrisy surrounding it is astounding. For example, how any missions in AC2 actually involved sneaking through guarded areas and killing a target? You could count it on the fingers of a single hand. Yet it is awesome and the pinnacle of AC games. But Black Flag, which probably has more sneaky sneaky assassinations than all of Ezio trilogy.. yeah there's nothing assassinlike sneaky stuff here.. lol.

I don't know if it's just me but I think all of Darby's work is far better than its predecessors.

Its not just you bro. I am one of those few weirdos who liked revelations more than ACB, in everything (well except for the side content maybe.)

oliacr
12-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Its not just you bro. I am one of those few weirdos who liked revelations more than ACB, in everything (well except for the side content maybe.)

This this, lol yooooo, you're my friend. The first human on the Earth(with me) who loved revelations more than ACB yes yes yes.

Hans684
12-27-2013, 10:53 AM
This this, lol yooooo, you're my friend. The first human on the Earth(with me) who loved revelations more than ACB yes yes yes.

Make that two.

oliacr
12-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Make that two.

I'm glad :)

marcbryan
12-27-2013, 01:17 PM

I totally agree! I'm glad there are people out there that think that as well. I thought the series got better from Revelations onward.

Megas_Doux
12-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Make that two.

Three!

And I understand that anyone can dislike ACIV's story and naval in general, but asking where is the stealth and freedom is beyond me.....
ACIV has way more open assassinations and gameplay in general that any other AC before.

The latter part of the post that does not mean that a large revamped is not needed though......

silvermercy
12-27-2013, 01:22 PM
I totally agree! I'm glad there are people out there that think that as well. I thought the series got better from Revelations onward.

Count me in, too. :)

As far as sneakiness goes, I think AC4 has the best sneakiness so far. ^^ I don't even remember being sneaky in AC2. lol

I also was surprised that I liked naval even though i wasn't such a fan before. (The only thing that I didn't like is the sailing time between locations. Maybe they could add a new feature in the future like Animus Time Accelerator Speed or something for us impatient folks. ;))

xbeav3rx
12-27-2013, 01:39 PM
the problem i find playing this game is that sneaking in the sunlight what happen to waiting till it was night.. i would like to see a more modern day assassins creed this feels to repetitive climb into a mechanic and play in the past

pirate1802
12-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Erm.. since when did assassins sneaked in nights? Sure some of the missions took place in nights but since when did they exclusively took place in nights? If I remember correctly, all the assassinations in AC1 took place in broad daylight right?

marcbryan
12-27-2013, 03:51 PM
I will say that my favorite missions of the game take place at night/ dusk and would like to see more of them but it doesn't really take away from the gameplay.

RinoTheBouncer
12-27-2013, 05:22 PM
ACII will always be the best along with AC:Revelations. Both games offered the best in the series story-wise and gameplay wise. ACIII and AC:B offered a wonderful present day gamy play that was really interesting and fun even though it was a bit minimal. However, ACIV, despite having epic gameplay that I just finished 100% today since I got it with the PS4 on launch, the story didn’t intereste me much. Edward was amazing but his story wasn’t very interesting nor connected to the whole greater good.

FreightTrain4
12-27-2013, 05:29 PM
I enjoy the missions. I haven't gotten bored with the game at all. It feels expansive but also close. I enjoy the game.

After finishing the story and nearly the whole game. I've felt that the mysterious, badass stance that all the Assassins have I feel that Edwards stance is not representative of what he is like. He is by far the most open and none mysterious character in the AC series. The trailer where Blackbeard is talking about how "Edward Kenway is the most badass guy in the world" He is awesome but he is not an assassin. I always felt that when he was referred to as an Assassin, it wasn't a good name for him. I didn't even know he joined the Assassins until the flag showed up different on the Jackdaw.

The game is great, BUT the story is something I felt was half-assed or not well thought out.

I loved all of Ezio's games. It was sad to see him go.

funnyman44
12-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Gosh you people don't understand the idea behind Assassin's Creed.
From another thread:

"STORY:

Assassin's Creed, simply, is an underdog story. The Templars (large organization with many connections, resources, and followers) are trying to rule the world in the name of peace. The Assassins (small organization that has connections and resources but no where near the size and power of the Templars) are trying to stop the Templars from ruling the world. The "Assassins" are only assassins due to the obvious power difference. They must work in the "shadows" and be smart about their moves.

Now note that no where in there did I say that stealth or "acting like an assassin" is a necessity. How the Assassins stop the Templars is irrelevant. Stealth (in game and politically) is just a big aspect of the game due to, like I said, the power difference.

GAMEPLAY:

Knowing the info above. AC can be like a FPS or other high action game. Stealth is just one way to remove/complete a target or objective. It makes it easier, but that doesn't mean that that is the end all be all. It's just a different way to play.

AC1 VS OTHER ACs:

The reason AC1 was the way it was was because assassinations was ALL it was about. In AC4 for example, you have ship battles, necessary fights, the West Indies (not much info needed to find a target on an island), etc.
That doesn't make AC1 better, it just means AC1 was more oriented towards stealth gameplay (very weak protagonist requiring you to use stealth in order to win) while AC4 works towards multiple different playstyles (like combat).

Now whether combat could use more layers and what not is another discussion."

silvermercy
12-27-2013, 06:29 PM
This whole "Ezio was da best assassin evah" or the "only true assassin" mentality that STILL persists with every new AC game after him annoys me immensely. We will be on AC12 and I will still hear about Ezio for God's sake!!! It makes me hate Ezio and he doesn't really deserve it! lol

adventurewomen
12-27-2013, 06:40 PM
This whole "Ezio was da best assassin evah" or the "only true assassin" mentality that STILL persists with every new AC game after him annoys me immensely. We will be on AC12 and I will still hear about Ezio for God's sake!!! It makes me hate Ezio and he doesn't really deserve it! lol
I wholeheartedly agree! Well said! :)

MnemonicSyntax
12-27-2013, 06:54 PM
the problem i find playing this game is that sneaking in the sunlight what happen to waiting till it was night.. i would like to see a more modern day assassins creed this feels to repetitive climb into a mechanic and play in the past

That won't happen.

If you read the email from Oliver (sp?) to the other Abstergo employees, it says that they want to avoid modern day stories.

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 10:49 AM
AC4's story is not a poorly thought out one. It is merely one that not many people expected. Its not about a hooded figure saving the day but how a selfish bastard became that hooded savior. That doesn't make it half-assed. Variety in stories is a good thing as far as I knew.

Also, while complaining about this people also seem to praise AC2, which seems a little weird. Given that in that game, Ezio was not an assassin until the last 10-15 minutes. Wearing papa's clothes and killing papa's murderers without having an inkling about the Creed doesn't make you an assassin. Its telling that Edward, though not being an Assassin knew more about the Creed than Ezio did at about halfway through both games. But apparently its alight because Ezio is da bestest assassin eva and AC2 da bestest gaem!! Also I felt storywise AC2 and ACB represents the worst of the franchise, but that's just me. Thank god it got better.

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 11:03 AM
AC2s stealth is pretty bad to be honest, there's a real lack of options. It's story missions are almost as boring as AC3 barring some of the assassination missions. (honorary mention to the flying machine)

oliacr
12-28-2013, 12:35 PM
AC2s stealth is pretty bad to be honest, there's a real lack of options. It's story missions are almost as boring as AC3 barring some of the assassination missions. (honorary mention to the flying machine)
It was good though.

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 12:37 PM
It was good though.

I loved the setting, music and story but gameplay wise I found myself bored more often than not. I think I have just been spoiled what with AC4 - the sheer freedom and fun, varied side-mission make it an experience very, very hard to beat.

It's so damn good.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 12:39 PM
The title of this thread cracks me up! LOL

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 12:42 PM
The title of this thread cracks me up! LOL
Yes, now that you mention it! hahaha!

oliacr
12-28-2013, 01:01 PM
I loved the setting, music and story but gameplay wise I found myself bored more often than not. I think I have just been spoiled what with AC4 - the sheer freedom and fun, varied side-mission make it an experience very, very hard to beat.

It's so damn good.

Yes, gameplay wise. Back in 2009 and 2010 it was good. But since AC3 a lot of things have changed. AC3 and AC4 beat those games gameplay wise. Story wise don't know - may be not.

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 01:23 PM
This whole "Ezio was da best assassin evah" or the "only true assassin" mentality that STILL persists with every new AC game after him annoys me immensely. We will be on AC12 and I will still hear about Ezio for God's sake!!! It makes me hate Ezio and he doesn't really deserve it! lolNo one mentioned this? He just preferred AC2 over the rest.

I wholeheartedly agree! Well said! :)Is there anything you don't agree to that doesn't make Ezio/AC2 look bad and Connor/AC3 look good?

AC4's story is not a poorly thought out one. It is merely one that not many people expected. Its not about a hooded figure saving the day but how a selfish bastard became that hooded savior. That doesn't make it half-assed. Variety in stories is a good thing as far as I knew.

Also, while complaining about this people also seem to praise AC2, which seems a little weird. Given that in that game, Ezio was not an assassin until the last 10-15 minutes. Wearing papa's clothes and killing papa's murderers without having an inkling about the Creed doesn't make you an assassin. Its telling that Edward, though not being an Assassin knew more about the Creed than Ezio did at about halfway through both games. But apparently its alight because Ezio is da bestest assassin eva and AC2 da bestest gaem!! Also I felt storywise AC2 and ACB represents the worst of the franchise, but that's just me. Thank god it got better.Pirate you are not a Connor fangirl, do not become one.

Shahkulu101
12-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Pirates post had nothing to do with Connor and was perfectly valid, you're getting over sensitive and in turn becoming....adventureman

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes, now that you mention it! hahaha!
:D

Is there anything you don't agree to that doesn't make Ezio/AC2 look bad and Connor/AC3 look good?
I guess not.. well I'm a fan of Connor so obviously I'm going to be biased.

Pirates post had nothing to do with Connor and was perfectly valid, you're getting over sensitive and in turn becoming....adventureman
Why so mean? :(

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Pirate you are not a Connor fangirl, do not become one.

I never mentioned Connor.. I just scratch my head when people complain about Eddy not being an assassin and then in the same post they say how much they liked AC2. Then I double-scratch my head when they also say there was no stealth in AC4 (how?? nevermind) but then again say AC2 was awesome. AC2 is my second-favourite AC evaa so I'm not a hater either. :/

Dev_Anj
12-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Mostly I have a problem with people saying that Assassin's Creed 2 had a good story, and then dissing Assassin's Creed 4's story. I mean, okay it's your opinion, but what did Assassin's Creed 2 do that Assassin's Creed 4 did not? After all, Assassin's Creed 2 had problems with its storytelling, like predictable storytelling, shallow characters, choppy character development and so on. Assassin's Creed 4 also has these problems, but it's a bit more unpredictable and the character development is less choppy, although I haven't read the full story so I can't comment in depth.

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Pirates post had nothing to do with Connor and was perfectly valid, you're getting over sensitive and in turn becoming....adventuremanI know, I know. It was the "ezio is dah bestest aassassin line" the overused Connor fangirl line.

Hahaha adventureman

I guess not.. well I'm a fan of Connor so obviously I'm going to be biased.There's a difference between biased and well adventurewomen biased.

I never mentioned Connor.. I just scratch my head when people complain about Eddy not being an assassin and then in the same post they say how much they liked AC2. Then I double-scratch my head when they also say there was no stealth in AC4 (how?? nevermind) but then again say AC2 was awesome. AC2 is my second-favourite AC evaa so I'm not a hater either. :/I know but you're using the classic Connor fangirl technique of bad mouthing another AC game (usually AC2/ACB) to make the game you're talking about better.

I also think it's stupid how people say that about Eddie and not Ezio, but as that Romani chick said "People are stupid"

Basically I just wanted to make an AC2 reference.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Hahaha adventureman

There's a difference between biased and well adventurewomen biased.

I know but you're using the classic Connor fangirl technique of bad mouthing another AC game (usually AC2/ACB) to make the game you're talking about better.
I can't take you seriously because your obvious troll posts.

I actually enjoyed Brotherhood, and yes I'm saying that as a Connor fan there you go. Your theory has been discredited.

killzab
12-28-2013, 01:45 PM
I know, I know. It was the "ezio is dah bestest aassassin line" the overused Connor fangirl line.

Hahaha adventureman

There's a difference between biased and well adventurewomen biased.

I know but you're using the classic Connor fangirl technique of bad mouthing another AC game (usually AC2/ACB) to make the game you're talking about better.

I also think it's stupid how people say that about Eddie and not Ezio, but as that Romani chick said "People are stupid"

Basically I just wanted to make an AC2 reference.

And you missed Adventurewomen's last memorable quote ... " stop obsessing over Shao Jun people it's getting sad you're ridiculous" ...

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 01:45 PM
And you missed Adventurewomen's last memorable quote ... " stop obsessing over Shao Jun people it's getting sad you're ridiculous" ...
Can you not.. just stop please.

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I can't take you seriously because your obvious troll posts.

I actually enjoyed Brotherhood, and yes I'm saying that as a Connor fan there you go. Your theory has been discredited.I'm not a troll, lol

My theory isn't discredited, it's strengthened by the fact that after months, no years of being here it's taken you up until now to have the courage to say you like ACB. Also another thing I would like you to point out is Connor flaws? You say he has them, you say it's what makes you love him but whenever someone points out what his flaws are, you disagree with them?

So humour me, what is wrong with Connor's personality?

And you missed Adventurewomen's last memorable quote ... " stop obsessing over Shao Jun people it's getting sad you're ridiculous" ...Hahahhahahahahahahahhaa, that's one of her best.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm not a troll, lel

My theory isn't discredited, it's strengthened by the fact that after months, no years of being here it's taken you up until now to have the courage to say you like ACB. Also another thing I would like you to point out is Connor flaws? You say he has them, you say it's what makes you love him but whenever someone points out what his flaws are you disagree with them.

So humour me, what is wrong with Connor's persoanlity?.
Actually no I said I liked Brotherhood months ago..

Connor is not perfect that is what made his character relatable.

roostersrule2
12-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Actually no I said I liked Brotherhood months ago..

Connor is not perfect that is what made his character relatable.Haha like that's any consolation.

Okay then, explain why he's not perfect? What's wrong with him? I didn't relate to him?

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 04:06 PM
I never mentioned Connor.. I just scratch my head when people complain about Eddy not being an assassin and then in the same post they say how much they liked AC2. Then I double-scratch my head when they also say there was no stealth in AC4 (how?? nevermind) but then again say AC2 was awesome. AC2 is my second-favourite AC evaa so I'm not a hater either. :/
Now you understand Connor fans. :p Connor fans seem to have a vendetta against Ezio or his fans but only because of bolded. (Ezio is almost always mentioned in the same sentence comparing him to another assassin, and, thus, creating a negative association). We didn't start anything! (Well most of the time. lol ;) )

I-Like-Pie45
12-28-2013, 04:20 PM
silvermercy, something happened to your sig

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 04:24 PM
silvermercy, something happened to your sig
Is it not showing?? I cleared my cache but I can still see it. O_o

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Mostly I have a problem with people saying that Assassin's Creed 2 had a good story, and then dissing Assassin's Creed 4's story. I mean, okay it's your opinion, but what did Assassin's Creed 2 do that Assassin's Creed 4 did not?

haha a million times this!!

I-Like-Pie45
12-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Is it not showing?? I cleared my cache but I can still see it. O_o

it's showing up really tiny and cropped on my browser

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 04:30 PM
it's showing up really tiny and cropped on my browser
O_o
Obviously a devious Templar attempt against my assassin sig! (Time to make a new sig perhaps! lol :) )

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Sliver I can't see your new sig! :(

oliacr
12-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Mostly I have a problem with people saying that Assassin's Creed 2 had a good story, and then dissing Assassin's Creed 4's story. I mean, okay it's your opinion, but what did Assassin's Creed 2 do that Assassin's Creed 4 did not?

It had Ezio Auditore, and AC4 hadn't. That's simple. :D

silvermercy
12-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Sliver I can't see your new sig! :(

oh I removed it. lol Because I'm making one soon.

adventurewomen
12-28-2013, 05:32 PM
oh I removed it. lol Because I'm making one soon.
Okay looking forward to your new sig then! :)

mikeyf1999
12-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Market research analysis Enzio Auditore

oliacr
12-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Market research analysis Enzio Auditore

"Il diavolo in persona!"

MnemonicSyntax
12-28-2013, 09:25 PM
LMAO. He also said "Audio-torey" at one time too, if I recall.

ajl992008
12-28-2013, 10:09 PM
ac1: 8/10
ac2: 8/10
acb:7/10
acr: 9/10
ac3: 8/10
ac4: 10/10

I dont understand people at all when it comes to ac4 it just blows my mind.

- it had the MOST stealth of ALL of the ac games, and also the most GRATIFYING stealth, I CHOSE stealth in ac4 because it was so fun.

- it had the most OPEN ENDED missions of the series as well as the most main assassinations if we include the templar hunt targets.

- it had so many ASSASSINATION CONTRACTS which were also a lot better in design compared to ac2 in my opinion

- it had the BIGGEST WORLD of the series with THE MOST THINGS TO DO.

- it actually had a full scale ASSASSIN BROTHERHOOD like with ac1!

- it had amazing FREE RUNNING, living up to the rest of the series.

- it retained most of its SOCIAL STEALTH mechanics which were put to better use this time.

- included FRESH new gameplay in naval aspect and also a really fresh story which is different than anything the series has done before.

- it had a great present day which was filled with mystery and intrigue and I cant wait to see where it goes.

it has EVERYTHING that is required in the criteria to be an AC game. just because edward is selfish I don't understand, the templars and assassins were completely wrapped in the story and were extremely relevant. it even had a prominent grey morality to it when comparing the creed and templar ideology when also comparing it to edwards thoughts

this is worse than people actually saying that ACB has a better story and gameplay than ACR, ACR had a better story, better gameplay, better locations (design and atmosphere wise), better graphics and more interesting characters and villains and WAAAAY more interesting main story missions. the ONLY thing that ACB has over ACR is its side content, other than that it has nothing, people who say that its better literally are just asking ubisoft to stop trying to make interesting stories and make simple toned down black and white stories rather than interesting tales where there is a grey morality.people who think that you can have your opinion but i think that its just silly

Fatal-Feit
12-28-2013, 10:20 PM
ac1: 8/10
ac2: 8/10
acb:7/10
acr: 9/10
ac3: 8/10
ac4: 10/10

I dont understand people at all when it comes to ac4 it just blows my mind.

- it had the MOST stealth of ALL of the ac games, and also the most GRATIFYING stealth, I CHOSE stealth in ac4 because it was so fun.

- it had the most OPEN ENDED missions of the series as well as the most main assassinations if we include the templar hunt targets.

- it had so many ASSASSINATION CONTRACTS which were also a lot better in design compared to ac2 in my opinion

- it had the BIGGEST WORLD of the series with THE MOST THINGS TO DO.

- it actually had a full scale ASSASSIN BROTHERHOOD like with ac1!

- it had amazing FREE RUNNING, living up to the rest of the series.

- it retained most of its SOCIAL STEALTH mechanics which were put to better use this time.

- included FRESH new gameplay in naval aspect and also a really fresh story which is different than anything the series has done before.

- it had a great present day which was filled with mystery and intrigue and I cant wait to see where it goes.

it has EVERYTHING that is required in the criteria to be an AC game. just because edward is selfish I don't understand, the templars and assassins were completely wrapped in the story and were extremely relevant. it even had a prominent grey morality to it when comparing the creed and templar ideology when also comparing it to edwards thoughts

this is worse than people actually saying that ACB has a better story and gameplay than ACR, ACR had a better story, better gameplay, better locations (design and atmosphere wise), better graphics and more interesting characters and villains and WAAAAY more interesting main story missions. the ONLY thing that ACB has over ACR is its side content, other than that it has nothing, people who say that its better literally are just asking ubisoft to stop trying to make interesting stories and make simple toned down black and white stories rather than interesting tales where there is a grey morality.people who think that you can have your opinion but i think that its just silly

Agreed 100!

And with your scores, except AC:IV which I gave a 9.

ajl992008
12-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Agreed 100!

And with your scores, except AC:IV which I gave a 9.

thanks :) I was completely blown away by ac4, I literally couldn't find a problem with it from my personal perspective, the worst I can come up with is that duncan walpole didn't get an assassination speech in the animus room which I would have liked but just so others know, I'm not being bias, most of what I have written is fact.

BATISTABUS
12-28-2013, 10:33 PM
AC4 - what happen to the stealthness to being an assassin using the night sneaking around not impressed
AC4 had the most stealth/best stealth out of any AC game by far.

Fatal-Feit
12-28-2013, 10:40 PM
thanks :) I was completely blown away by ac4, I literally couldn't find a problem with it from my personal perspective, the worst I can come up with is that duncan walpole didn't get an assassination speech in the animus room which I would have liked but just so others know, I'm not being bias, most of what I have written is fact.

Me too! My gripes is AC:IV are

1. It's quite obvious it's about %90 polished.
2. No side-interactions or conversations with main characters.
3. PC(which I use) got an awful-awful-AWFUL optimization.

SixKeys
12-28-2013, 11:48 PM

Better story: Disagree
Better gameplay: Strongly disagree (maybe if you enjoyed Den Defense and Desmond platforming more than actually assassinating people)
Locations: Neither agree or disagree. I like Rome and Constantinople for different reasons, although I can see why many people prefer the latter.
Better graphics: This one's kind of a given, since ACR came later.
More interesting characters: Strongly, strongly disagree. ACR had some of the worst characters in the entire series.
Main story missions: I can only remember two, maybe three ACR missions off the top of my head. I remember ACB's a lot better. So disagree.

I understand people who say ACB's story was simplistic. Perhaps it's just me, but I prefer a simplistic story that's well told (pacing, presentation, characterization) over an ambitious but not as coherent plot. ACB was helped by the fact that it was originally planned to be no more than an expansion of AC2. It focuses more on giving depth to already existing characters (Claudia, Bartolomeo, La Volpe, Machiavelli) than the few new ones (Cesare, Lucrezia). ACR was more plot-focused, but the characters were boring as hell and ultimately the story didn't tell me anything particularly interesting about Ezio. Embers was a more interesting and conclusive take on his wish to retire from the assassin way of life. They could have skipped ACR entirely and gone straight from ACB to Embers and his story would have felt just as complete.

Atair0000
12-28-2013, 11:50 PM
ACIV is one of the best games of the AC series. In my opinion, Altair was pretty badass. But he LOVED to turn on people's backs. But anyways, ACIV is bottom line, the best

ajl992008
12-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Better story: Disagree
Better gameplay: Strongly disagree (maybe if you enjoyed Den Defense and Desmond platforming more than actually assassinating people)
Locations: Neither agree or disagree. I like Rome and Constantinople for different reasons, although I can see why many people prefer the latter.
Better graphics: This one's kind of a given, since ACR came later.
More interesting characters: Strongly, strongly disagree. ACR had some of the worst characters in the entire series.
Main story missions: I can only remember two, maybe three ACR missions off the top of my head. I remember ACB's a lot better. So disagree.

I understand people who say ACB's story was simplistic. Perhaps it's just me, but I prefer a simplistic story that's well told (pacing, presentation, characterization) over an ambitious but not as coherent plot. ACB was helped by the fact that it was originally planned to be no more than an expansion of AC2. It focuses more on giving depth to already existing characters (Claudia, Bartolomeo, La Volpe, Machiavelli) than the few new ones (Cesare, Lucrezia). ACR was more plot-focused, but the characters were boring as hell and ultimately the story didn't tell me anything particularly interesting about Ezio. Embers was a more interesting and conclusive take on his wish to retire from the assassin way of life. They could have skipped ACR entirely and gone straight from ACB to Embers and his story would have felt just as complete.

- Acr has all of ACB's gameplay added in with the hook blade, bombs and eagle sense. Desmond platforming and den defence are optional so your opinion is that regard are completely irrelevant, it's like my saying I may have hated Borgia towers but they are optional so how should this affect my decision on it's core gameplay?

- better paced story? First of all I don't think it had a better pace story but if that's your opinion more power to you but what use is that if the story can't keep you engaged! I felt nothing from start to finish at any of the plot points of brotherhood. In ACR there are so many plot points which were memorable and engaging. there were many plot twists and so many layers of grey to every character, in ACB it's just here's the evil annoying "borgias" and your targets, not exactly engaging. I think it's more like we could skip brotherhood and then ezios story would feel the same, he had little progression in his character in that game. What interesting stuff did you learn about Ezio in ACB? ACB's cast were a lot better in ac2 while not being anywhere near as interesting in brotherhood due to the lacklustre plot.

Atair0000
12-29-2013, 12:20 AM
I dont have any problems either. Except............THERE'S NO ASSASSIN TURKEY ;)

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 12:23 AM
- Acr has all of ACB's gameplay added in with the hook blade, bombs and eagle sense. Desmond platforming and den defence are optional so your opinion is that regard are completely irrelevant, it's like my saying I may have hated Borgia towers but they are optional so how should this affect my decision on it's core gameplay?

- better paced story? First of all I don't think it had a better pace story but if that's your opinion more power to you but what use is that if the story can't keep you engaged! I felt nothing from start to finish at any of the plot points of brotherhood. In ACR there are so many plot points which were memorable and engaging. there were many plot twists and so many layers of grey to every character, in ACB it's just here's the evil annoying "borgias" and your targets, not exactly engaging. I think it's more like we could skip brotherhood and then ezios story would feel the same, he had little progression in his character in that game. What interesting stuff did you learn about Ezio in ACB? ACB's cast were a lot better in ac2 while not being anywhere near as interesting in brotherhood due to the lacklustre plot.

How can an opinion be irrelevant?

And Den Defense wasn't optional if you were going for 100%.

Also, going after some no name Templars.... or... the Pope and his Family. I'd say the second is much more engaging.

SixKeys
12-29-2013, 12:52 AM

I don't consider the hookblade or Eagle Sense as gameplay elements any more than I do the crossbow or horse whistling in ACB. They're simple improvements on existing tools that add little to the actual gameplay elements, which are the more refined systems underneath. Bombs I'll give you, though personally the only one I liked were the distraction bombs. All the others made the already easy gameplay even easier.
If you liked Desmond plaforming and hated Borgia towers, more power to you. I never said your opinions were wrong, simply that I disagree. I do feel the Borgia towers are closer to the whole assassin concept than commanding armies or Portal puzzles. Thatīs why I think they work better for the overall gameplay. You are, of course, free to feel differently.

I feel completely the opposite about ACR's story. I was engaged all the way in ACB because I loved the character interactions. In ACR I felt nothing and I still couldn't describe the plot to you if you asked. The only memorable part was Ezio finding Altaïr's library and that was in the last 10 minutes of the game.

In ACB we learned Claudia was resentful towards her brother for having been absent all those years. In the process we realized we had only been viewing events from Ezio's point of view all this time. He had been neglecting his family due to his own personal vendetta and in ACB he had to learn to reconnect with those he loved. We also learned he had already risked losing those he loved once before, with Cristina. He lost her when he changed and ruined his chances for love twice due to selfishness. ACB was also the beginning of Ezio's transformation into a battle-hardened warrior and leader. He was ready to retire at the beginning of the game and show mercy to the Borgias, thinking he could escape the assassin life. But Cesare invaded his home and killed Mario, making Ezio aware his fight was not over and never would be as long as the Apple wasn't safe. He became more ruthless and cynical and this change of character, which began in ACB, continued on through ACR.

killzab
12-29-2013, 12:59 AM
I don't consider the hookblade or Eagle Sense as gameplay elements any more than I do the crossbow or horse whistling in ACB. They're simple improvements on existing tools that add little to the actual gameplay elements, which are the more refined systems underneath. Bombs I'll give you, though personally the only one I liked were the distraction bombs. All the others made the already easy gameplay even easier.
If you liked Desmond plaforming and hated Borgia towers, more power to you. I never said your opinions were wrong, simply that I disagree. I do feel the Borgia towers are closer to the whole assassin concept than commanding armies or Portal puzzles. Thatīs why I think they work better for the overall gameplay. You are, of course, free to feel differently.

I feel completely the opposite about ACR's story. I was engaged all the way in ACB because I loved the character interactions. In ACR I felt nothing and I still couldn't describe the plot to you if you asked. The only memorable part was Ezio finding Altaïr's library and that was in the last 10 minutes of the game.

In ACB we learned Claudia was resentful towards her brother for having been absent all those years. In the process we realized we had only been viewing events from Ezio's point of view all this time. He had been neglecting his family due to his own personal vendetta and in ACB he had to learn to reconnect with those he loved. We also learned he had already risked losing those he loved once before, with Cristina. He lost her when he changed and ruined his chances for love twice due to selfishness. ACB was also the beginning of Ezio's transformation into a battle-hardened warrior and leader. He was ready to retire at the beginning of the game and show mercy to the Borgias, thinking he could escape the assassin life. But Cesare invaded his home and killed Mario, making Ezio aware his fight was not over and never would be as long as the Apple wasn't safe. He became more ruthless and cynical and this change of character, which began in ACB, continued on through ACR.

You guys talking about the Ezio sage makes me feel nostalgic :(.

By the way, Six Keys, which story do you prefer between ACB and ACIV ?

ajl992008
12-29-2013, 01:15 AM

I didn't hate the Borgia towers that was just an example, those were actually my favourite part of the game. How are they as simple as the crossbow and horse whistling? The hook blade had a huge effect on free running and eagle sense allowed for new interesting mission design and I did use it when trying to act stealthy when guards were around, that makes no sense. The only good addition made to ACB's gameplay was the kill chains otherwise everything else was pretty worthless.

Well let me help you with defining the plot:

eaio is on a quest to find 5 keys to open altairs library while along the way dealing with the Byzantine Templars as well as getting involved in conspiracies in the ottoman royal family, while also reliving altairs key moments in order to learn about what he should do in his life, if all the pain was worth it. I don't get how that is hard to define.

Hey man if you like ACB's story more good for you, in my opinion most of those things he learnt that you mentioned are good and all but no where near as exploited as they should have been, Claudia's resentment should have been a recurring thing in the game, it was only in 1/2 scenes then all was back to normal. When did he learn to reconnect with those he loved? Seemed like he was too busy avenging Mario's death. He was already a warrior and also didn't show very good leadership skills unlike in acr. I will give you the Christina missions though they were fantastic.

SixKeys
12-29-2013, 01:22 AM
You guys talking about the Ezio sage makes me feel nostalgic :(.

By the way, Six Keys, which story do you prefer between ACB and ACIV ?

I've replayed ACB a ton of times whereas I'm only on my second playthrough of AC4. I think I would need to replay it multiple times to commit the story to memory. I think overall it has better writing, but there's a superficiality to it that keeps nagging at me. Characters come and go, but I can't get attached to them because there's not enough interaction, same with locations. In ACB different parts of Rome open up as the story progresses, so you learn to associate those areas with certain characters or missions. In AC4, Nassau is supposedly central to the whole pirate way of life, but it doesn't feel anchored (pun not intended) to Blackbeard the same way the Thieves Guild feels linked to La Volpe or the Barracks to Bartolomeo or the Vatican with Cesare/the Pope. The story was about uniting different factions into a working whole, so having one faction linked to each part of the city strengthens the overall narrative. In AC4, the overall narrative was about Edward trying to find a balance between chaos and order. Nassau represented chaos, the assassins (ironically) represented order. Nassau and Tulum should therefore have had a stronger presence in the story, to show us the pros and cons of both lifestyles. The trouble is, the game has too many locations and Nassau ends up being almost completely meaningless when it should have been central to Edward's old way of life. Thus the overall narrative suffers because the gameplay doesn't sufficiently support the narrative.

Then again, I may be overthinking things. :p

ajl992008
12-29-2013, 01:24 AM
How can an opinion be irrelevant?

And Den Defense wasn't optional if you were going for 100%.

Also, going after some no name Templars.... or... the Pope and his Family. I'd say the second is much more engaging.

So.....your going to knock off a game because you are unhappy you couldn't get 100% without playing an otherwise Optional componant? for the majority of people though this is not important as I doubt majority of people attempted 100%. Well if we say you have a friend who has a really interesting character and then there's a celebrity that seems one dimensional, you are going to like the celebrity more then? That's basically what you said, although the Templars were "no names" they were more interesting, and in fact the grand master was a prince of the Ottoman Empire so hardly a no name.

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 01:35 AM
So.....your going to knock off a game because you are unhappy you couldn't get 100% without playing an otherwise Optional compliant. for the majority of people though this is not important as I doubt majority of people attempted 100%. Well if we say you have a friend who is a really interesting character and then there's a celebrity that seems one dimensional, you are going to like the celebrity more then? That's basically what you said, although the Templars were "no names" they were more interesting, and in fact the grand master was a prince of the Ottoman Empire so hardly a no name.

I got 100%. I'm saying Den Defense counts if one is going for 100%. It was a terrible mechanic and it hasn't been back since. Wonder why?

Also, you're putting words in my mouth. The entire Borgia family probably could have killed each other over their in-house deceit, trickery and lies. What they did, makes them interesting, not their status, though you really just don't waltz into the Vatican to Assassinate the Pope, and since Ezio pretty much did that, it's kinda cool.

And the Sultan, Selim was the Sultan for a very short time. Before, it was just a matter of time before Suleiman's grandfather made the choice and a Sultan was announced. Just a lot of bickering back and forth, and not all that interesting.

And... hardly no name yet you didn't remember his name or his title?

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion either. Revs was great, loved it. I feel like it could have been left out if it was chosen to be, but seeking answers is something that Ezio did all his life, so it's natural to try to return to Masayaf. and recover Altair's library.

SixKeys
12-29-2013, 01:46 AM
I didn't hate the Borgia towers that was just an example, those were actually my favourite part of the game. How are they as simple as the crossbow and horse whistling? The hook blade had a huge effect on free running and eagle sense allowed for new interesting mission design and I did use it when trying to act stealthy when guards were around, that makes no sense. The only good addition made to ACB's gameplay was the kill chains otherwise everything else was pretty worthless.

In freerunning the hookblade was basically an automated version of the climb leap. There were the ziplines, but in my personal experience, about 89% of the time I found them facing the wrong way wherever I was headed, so I barely made use of them. Would have been better if they worked more like in Tomb Raider (2012) where you could climb both ways. Hook-and-run was fun, though.

Eagle Sense was only useful if you liked using the tactical bombs, which I didn't. Another matter of personal preference, I suppose. All the bombs besides distraction bombs seemed either overpowered (thunder bomb, poison bomb) or underpowered (lamb's blood). In some ways Eagle Sense was a step back from previous games, since you now had to stand still and scan people to locate your target.

I liked the war machines and brotherhood mechanic in ACB, I didn't think those were worthless.

Well let me help you with defining the plot:

eaio is on a quest to find 5 keys to open altairs library while along the way dealing with the Byzantine Templars as well as getting involved in conspiracies in the ottoman royal family, while also reliving altairs key moments in order to learn about what he should do in his life, if all the pain was worth it. I don't get how that is hard to define.

I was more talking about the political bits and how they tied into Ezio's quest for the keys. Tarik's assassination was fun, but I keep forgetting why we were even supposed to kill him. In ACB it was simple: all our targets were corrupt and worked for Cesare, hence they needed to die. In ACR you had the Ottomans and the Byzantines fighting each other, Suleiman was neither here nor there and Ezio seemed to be his errand boy for no particular reason even though Suleiman had nothing to do with Templars.

Hey man if you like ACB's story more good for you, in my opinion most of those things he learnt that you mentioned are good and all but no where near as exploited as they should have been, Claudia's resentment should have been a recurring thing in the game, it was only in 1/2 scenes then all was back to normal. When did he learn to reconnect with those he loved? Seemed like he was too busy avenging Mario's death. He was already a warrior and also didn't show very good leadership skills unlike in acr. I will give you the Christina missions though they were fantastic.

By learning to reconnect with those he loved I was referring to Ezio's getting over himself and making up with Claudia. I didn't mind that there weren't more scenes between them, I felt they got the message across without overdoing it.

As for his leadership skills, Ezio's methods in ACR were pretty questionable. He blew up an entire city just to smoke out one overweight Templar who couldn't outrun him if he tried, and set the whole harbor on fire to escape from Constantinople. In ACB at least he was more concerned with actually improving the lives of civilians instead of recklessly endangering their lives.

killzab
12-29-2013, 01:46 AM
I've replayed ACB a ton of times whereas I'm only on my second playthrough of AC4. I think I would need to replay it multiple times to commit the story to memory. I think overall it has better writing, but there's a superficiality to it that keeps nagging at me. Characters come and go, but I can't get attached to them because there's not enough interaction, same with locations. In ACB different parts of Rome open up as the story progresses, so you learn to associate those areas with certain characters or missions. In AC4, Nassau is supposedly central to the whole pirate way of life, but it doesn't feel anchored (pun not intended) to Blackbeard the same way the Thieves Guild feels linked to La Volpe or the Barracks to Bartolomeo or the Vatican with Cesare/the Pope. The story was about uniting different factions into a working whole, so having one faction linked to each part of the city strengthens the overall narrative. In AC4, the overall narrative was about Edward trying to find a balance between chaos and order. Nassau represented chaos, the assassins (ironically) represented order. Nassau and Tulum should therefore have had a stronger presence in the story, to show us the pros and cons of both lifestyles. The trouble is, the game has too many locations and Nassau ends up being almost completely meaningless when it should have been central to Edward's old way of life. Thus the overall narrative suffers because the gameplay doesn't sufficiently support the narrative.

Then again, I may be overthinking things. :p

I felt Nassau was present enough in the story, many sequences took place there. I just think it wasn't atmospheric enough in my taste.

Havana was criminally underused though. Kingston too a little ...

Am I the only one who wished there was at least ONE typical indoors pirate tavern like in movies ?

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Been a while since I played Revs, but didn't he set the whole harbor on fire because of a military blockade?

ajl992008
12-29-2013, 02:19 AM
In freerunning the hookblade was basically an automated version of the climb leap. There were the ziplines, but in my personal experience, about 89% of the time I found them facing the wrong way wherever I was headed, so I barely made use of them. Would have been better if they worked more like in Tomb Raider (2012) where you could climb both ways. Hook-and-run was fun, though.

Eagle Sense was only useful if you liked using the tactical bombs, which I didn't. Another matter of personal preference, I suppose. All the bombs besides distraction bombs seemed either overpowered (thunder bomb, poison bomb) or underpowered (lamb's blood). In some ways Eagle Sense was a step back from previous games, since you now had to stand still and scan people to locate your target.

I liked the war machines and brotherhood mechanic in ACB, I didn't think those were worthless.

I was more talking about the political bits and how they tied into Ezio's quest for the keys. Tarik's assassination was fun, but I keep forgetting why we were even supposed to kill him. In ACB it was simple: all our targets were corrupt and worked for Cesare, hence they needed to die. In ACR you had the Ottomans and the Byzantines fighting each other, Suleiman was neither here nor there and Ezio seemed to be his errand boy for no particular reason even though Suleiman had nothing to do with Templars.

By learning to reconnect with those he loved I was referring to Ezio's getting over himself and making up with Claudia. I didn't mind that there weren't more scenes between them, I felt they got the message across without overdoing it.

As for his leadership skills, Ezio's methods in ACR were pretty questionable. He blew up an entire city just to smoke out one overweight Templar who couldn't outrun him if he tried, and set the whole harbor on fire to escape from Constantinople. In ACB at least he was more concerned with actually improving the lives of civilians instead of recklessly endangering their lives.

You have some fair points I guess. It really is preference but I think the biggest reason I hated ACB's story is because I just disliked all the villains so much, they just weren't interesting to me and although it is stated that he wanted to improve lives of others it isn't covered enough in the main game, so much of this is done in the side missions which is why for me ACB has the best side missions behind ac4 which for me was the redeeming factor, but I just couldn't get into the narrative because of the over simplicity of the plot coming for ac2 (where although the overall premise was simple (revenge) but the journey was complex) and the terrible villians, if the story had been say a couple of sequences longer, have some plot twists, better dialogue and had more grey villains in morality I would have liked it (something ACR had when we contrast ezios and abbas's mistakes along with the Templars somewhat good intentions).

LieutenantRex
12-29-2013, 02:42 AM
You have some fair points I guess. It really is preference but I think the biggest reason I hated ACB's story is because I just disliked all the villains so much, they just weren't interesting to me and although it is stated that he wanted to improve lives of others it isn't covered enough in the main game, so much of this is done in the side missions which is why for me ACB has the best side missions behind ac4 which for me was the redeeming factor, but I just couldn't get into the narrative because of the over simplicity of the plot coming for ac2 (where although the overall premise was simple (revenge) but the journey was complex) and the terrible villians, if the story had been say a couple of sequences longer, have some plot twists, better dialogue and had more grey villains in morality I would have liked it (something ACR had when we contrast ezios and abbas's mistakes along with the Templars somewhat good intentions).

Just wanted to add my bit here: ACB is perhaps my favorite game ever. I even made a thread about my love for it. It was basically a better AC2. I never had as much fun in a game like I did in Brotherhood. By what I understand, you didn' t like the story. I slightly emphasize, even though I personally believe it had the most well-contained plot, and best modern day sequences in the series. Cesare wasn't a pinnacle in the video game villain cache. He bordered between just-plain-psycho-cliche, but for a story like Brotherhood's (not too big yet not too small), I think he served as the scapegoat to show off how much more mature and efficient Ezio had grown from AC2, which really isn't a bad thing. I don't think I'm alone when I say Ezio was at his best in ACB. I would write more, but I am typing this on my Xbox due to my PC breaking.

ajl992008
12-29-2013, 03:58 AM
Just wanted to add my bit here: ACB is perhaps my favorite game ever. I even made a thread about my love for it. It was basically a better AC2. I never had as much fun in a game like I did in Brotherhood. By what I understand, you didn' t like the story. I slightly emphasize, even though I personally believe it had the most well-contained plot, and best modern day sequences in the series. Cesare wasn't a pinnacle in the video game villain cache. He bordered between just-plain-psycho-cliche, but for a story like Brotherhood's (not too big yet not too small), I think he served as the scapegoat to show off how much more mature and efficient Ezio had grown from AC2, which really isn't a bad thing. I don't think I'm alone when I say Ezio was at his best in ACB. I would write more, but I am typing this on my Xbox due to my PC breaking.

Actually I can fully agree that acb had the best modern day missions in the series, I was extremely let down by the story and some characters (the villains), the gameplay additions were all great but there were many missions that didn't interest me whereas with ACR there are so many missions that blew me away e.g. Forum of the ox. For me ACB was at it's best in it's side missions where the mission design was just brilliant such as the faction missions or the war machines, I just don't get how the main story wasn't as intriguing (IMO). Before I did the side mission ACB for me would have been a solid 4/10 for me just hating it's plot and characters but after playing the great side missions I would then give if 7/10. Also Ezio being at his best is debatable, if you mean in terms of fighting capability and position then yes, but not in terms of his character, he was more interesting in ac2 and ACR I think.

LieutenantRex
12-29-2013, 04:26 AM
Actually I can fully agree that acb had the best modern day missions in the series, I was extremely let down by the story and some characters (the villains), the gameplay additions were all great but there were many missions that didn't interest me whereas with ACR there are so many missions that blew me away e.g. Forum of the ox. For me ACB was at it's best in it's side missions where the mission design was just brilliant such as the faction missions or the war machines, I just don't get how the main story wasn't as intriguing (IMO). Before I did the side mission ACB for me would have been a solid 4/10 for me just hating it's plot and characters but after playing the great side missions I would then give if 7/10. Also Ezio being at his best is debatable, if you mean in terms of fighting capability and position then yes, but not in terms of his character, he was more interesting in ac2 and ACR I think.

I won't lie to you about some ACB main missions being a plain bore, but there are exceptions. I found infiltrating the Castello quite challenging and enjoyable, and the view over Rome is awesome. And when I say Ezio was at his top, I meant as a leader, emphsized by the Brotherhood mechanic. He felt as charming as he was in AC2, but far more mature and competent. I got a more wise old man feel off of him (like Professor X) in ACR, which isn't bad at all. To me though, Ezio reached the place of ultimate hero in ACB. In terms of rating it, I guess it depends on preference. I rate games off of how much fun I have playing them, taking story and stuff off the table and factoring them into the overall feel, which is why ACB, for me, would get 9.5/10. You may judge it for different reasons though.