PDA

View Full Version : Just curious (Automatic update)

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm just curious as to why some people got the PhysX update, and others didn't. This is the patch that adds the PhysX Particles options at the bottom of the Graphics options menu. I'm asking because I'm one of these people who never got the update, so I do not have the PhysX particles option. (Fortunately for me I had already finished the game before this patch was released so it doesn't really affect me).

But now I'm curious, and like many people who never got this option, want to know where is the manual download for this patch?

Since it's an Nvidia patch it should have been on their website, however it's nowhere to be found.

Anyone know what the deal is?

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 06:45 PM
I got it, I'm a Steam user.

Must be a Uplay thing. :)

KmarkoPL
12-26-2013, 11:32 PM
I have AC4 Buccaneer Edition , no steam , only uplay , I got that patch but now when PhysX is on the game crashes to desktop :(

seville57
12-27-2013, 12:22 AM
I have AC4 Buccaneer Edition , no steam , only uplay , I got that patch but now when PhysX is on the game crashes to desktop :(I have the PhysX patch (on high) and no crashes to desktop (yet). Have the AC4 Skull Edition (boxed with discs) on Uplay.

Frag_Maniac
12-27-2013, 01:18 AM
I got it, I'm a Steam user.

Must be a Uplay thing. :)

I have 5 PhysX files in the game directory, curiously listed as date modified 12/18, the same day the PhysX update was announced/released, and I have a Steam version AND play on an AMD GPU.

I'm also curious as to why OP asks for a manual download option when everyone that IS getting it gets it via an auto update? Is this one of those pirated copies he speaks of? Was seeking a pirate's download source the whole purpose of the thread?