PDA

View Full Version : El Impoluto Wheel

Dragon782013
12-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Just done the community chanllenge for El Impoluto's wheel it says we all failed I'm so angry with ubi soft even though I reached my goal, people that did reach the target SHOULD get it!!!!

jetlee2777
12-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Just done the community chanllenge for El Impoluto's wheel it says we all failed I'm so angry with ubi soft even though I reached my goal, people that did reach the target SHOULD get it!!!!

Yes I agree with you,eventhough I would like to have more the El Impoluto figurehead then the wheel.

JeremyK
12-26-2013, 05:10 PM

I plundered like 60 ships so I feel I did my part. I can't say I'm really that worked up over a wheel though. Just did it for the plundering fun. *shrug*

jetlee2777
12-26-2013, 05:18 PM
I plundered like 60 ships so I feel I did my part. I can't say I'm really that worked up over a wheel though. Just did it for the plundering fun. *shrug*

Well everybody is different,but I wonīt now like you plundered 60 ships for nothing.

I mean thatīs in my opinion,wastage of time.

Bookeworm
12-26-2013, 05:19 PM
To me it's not the wheel that matters, it's the principle. They put this content in the game and then lock it behind "community challenges". There have only been two since the game's release, and only one of them was successful because they didn't even advertise the existence of the second one. What they should do is have a "community challenge" at least once a week, and the way to succeed is to reach your individual goal. I mean for Pete's sake this is single player content, there's no reason it should be linked to the community regardless.
While they're at it, FIX THE DAMN SOCIAL EVENTS. They have become insanely rare to where, even with dozens of friends playing this game, I haven't found a social even in weeks and can't get the achievement.
/rant.

jetlee2777
12-26-2013, 05:27 PM
To me it's not the wheel that matters, it's the principle. They put this content in the game and then lock it behind "community challenges". There have only been two since the game's release, and only one of them was successful because they didn't even advertise the existence of the second one. What they should do is have a "community challenge" at least once a week, and the way to succeed is to reach your individual goal. I mean for Pete's sake this is single player content, there's no reason it should be linked to the community regardless.
While they're at it, FIX THE DAMN SOCIAL EVENTS. They have become insanely rare to where, even with dozens of friends playing this game, I haven't found a social even in weeks and can't get the achievement.
/rant.

Yeah yourīre absolutely right about it and I have wrote the same thing like you in the other thread see here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/819117-Community-Challenge/page6

so the community challenge should be a single player content I mean therefore this game has already a multiplayer with a community goal,so there is really no need that there has to be also community goals in the singleplayer content.

And yes itīs really ridicoulos as the game is launched since October 2013,and until now there have only been two community challenges so far and still so many rewards that are still unlocked.

JeremyK
12-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Well everybody is different,but I wonīt now like you plundered 60 ships for nothing.

I mean thatīs in my opinion,wastage of time.
I don't know for me doing some thing because it's fun seems like less of a waste of time than doing some thing for a ship wheel in a game but like you said different strokes for different folks. I think I had half of my 60 plunders before I even noticed the challenge.

JeremyK
12-26-2013, 05:38 PM
One thing they could probably do a better job is getting the word out about these community challenges. Do they have a section of the site where they let people know about them starting and whether they succeeded? I just happened to notice it in the game menu yesterday and it seemed by looking at the totals it got off to a really slow start. Maybe people not being aware of it was part of the problem.

Bookeworm
12-26-2013, 05:57 PM
They absolutely should do a better job of putting it out there. It generally seems to only show up on the forums when a community member posts about it (and in-game, but that's only if you play the story mode daily).
Ok, here's how to fix the challenges so everyone is happy:
"December 23-29
Community Challenge: Take to the seas and plunder as many ships as you can to repair the Jackdaw!
Individual Goal: Plunder 15 ships."

At the end of the event:
"Congratulations! The community plundered a total of 2,123,456 ships! All participants have been awarded the Impoluto Ship Wheel"

That way there is no way to fail the event as long as you participate in it, so it makes sense for single player content. Also, it has a longer time frame for participation and they can do these weekly so we don't have to wait 9 months to get all of the content.

Please, Ubisoft, fix this!

MnemonicSyntax
12-26-2013, 07:00 PM
It was just bad timing. With Christmas and all, they should have extended the challenge to a few days so the people that got the game on Christmas could, you know, join in.

Also, allow PC gamers to join in, because... hey, whattya know, we're part of the community too.

jetlee2777
12-26-2013, 07:46 PM
They absolutely should do a better job of putting it out there. It generally seems to only show up on the forums when a community member posts about it (and in-game, but that's only if you play the story mode daily).
Ok, here's how to fix the challenges so everyone is happy:
"December 23-29
Community Challenge: Take to the seas and plunder as many ships as you can to repair the Jackdaw!
Individual Goal: Plunder 15 ships."

At the end of the event:
"Congratulations! The community plundered a total of 2,123,456 ships! All participants have been awarded the Impoluto Ship Wheel"

That way there is no way to fail the event as long as you participate in it, so it makes sense for single player content. Also, it has a longer time frame for participation and they can do these weekly so we don't have to wait 9 months to get all of the content.

Please, Ubisoft, fix this!

Ok how do you know about the results of the community goal?,and is this 2,123,456 ships plattform crossing?,and if it said that we have been awarded with the Impoluto Ship Wheel how come that I donīt got it?

And yes agree with you but for some reason there is now a 3rd community challenge out now.:eek:

aL_____eX
12-26-2013, 07:56 PM
He just showed a way how Ubisoft could avoid players to be angry because they screwed it. This is not the real results of the Community Challenge. ;)

These online Features in Black Flag (Social Events & Community Challenges) are something, Ubisoft has to start again from scratch. It seems that they just don't work as they should or as they would make players happy and enjoy them...

jetlee2777
12-26-2013, 08:09 PM
He just showed a way how Ubisoft could avoid players to be angry because they screwed it. This is not the real results of the Community Challenge. ;)

These online Features in Black Flag (Social Events & Community Challenges) are something, Ubisoft has to start again from scratch. It seems that they just don't work as they should or as they would make players happy and enjoy them...

Oh I see and I really thought that those were the officially challenge results;),anyway I agree with you Ubisoft really has to start all those again from the scratch,but best way like I said what they can do to make the players happy and enjoy playing those community challenges is that yourīre still getting the rewards if you do your personal goal no matter now if the community have failed or not.

And not get just a stupid and unnecassary "consolation prize".

Kagurra
12-26-2013, 08:56 PM
BS lol. I would be so mad right now if the reward wasn't some useless ship item I'm never going to use because the Jackdaw's wheel and figurehead fit the ship perfectly and other stuff looks out of place, but still. Like it was said before, it's probably because people were busy for christmas.

Hope we can do the next one. The plundering ships thing was slightly tedious, hopefully the next one will be assassinations or something. That gets old a lot less quickly for me, like in cities and stuff. It could be kills in general, so if you wanted to do it by boarding ships you could. This way you can mix it up and still be contributing instead of doing the same exact thing over and over.

Bookeworm
12-26-2013, 09:46 PM
I totally agree. Especially now, since they've started a new community challenge with only 3 days based on a broken or often glitchy game mechanic (warehouses restocking). There are 8 warehouses in existence, only one of them has ever restocked for me, and yet we're supposed to plunder 10 of them? Curse you Ubisoft!

Kagurra
12-26-2013, 11:00 PM
I totally agree. Especially now, since they've started a new community challenge with only 3 days based on a broken or often glitchy game mechanic (warehouses restocking). There are 8 warehouses in existence, only one of them has ever restocked for me, and yet we're supposed to plunder 10 of them? Curse you Ubisoft!

They seem to be fixed. They work perfect for me now.

jwsplayer
12-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Ubisoft really screwed this one up it was to end on 27/12 not 26/12https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1529860_10201372329974843_1724463468_o.jpg

jetlee2777
12-27-2013, 01:10 AM
Ubisoft really screwed this one up it was to end on 27/12 not 26/12https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1529860_10201372329974843_1724463468_o.jpg

Which system do you have?,as for the Ps3 system it was ended on 26/12.

jwsplayer
12-27-2013, 01:42 AM
I'm on a PS4

jetlee2777
12-27-2013, 01:49 AM
I'm on a PS4

Well thatīs why the datas are different.

jwsplayer
12-27-2013, 02:28 AM
Got this message this morning on PS4....https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/902628_10201389249357817_958167895_o.jpg

phoenix-force411
12-27-2013, 02:58 AM
I did my part. I was the first one to be done with my participation on the PS3. I'm not the top anymore but I still plundered more after that. They should lower the expectations of the numbers, or make the community challenge longer so that it can be finished. Don't expect everyone to play ACIV for hours.