PDA

View Full Version : Connection issues just with my friend

lc_1993x
12-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Ok we have always had problems connecting with what now seems to be just ubisoft games... we both bought ghost recon future soldier and couldn't connect, tried doing these ports and still wouldn't work so we bought the game and never even played it... now we've just purchased splinter cell blacklist and yet again no joy on connecting even though i can instantly find other people online to join with me, asked for support online got another port thing to do, we both did the ports and bam we could connect to eachother, couldn't believe it worked!.. can't believe we had to go through so much trouble just to connect and we spent the whole night playing together no problems and then go on the next day and connection failed, and has done for days now... we have purchased both ghost recon and splinter cell and played about 3 hours combined, we don't have problems connecting on other games, just what appears to be ubisoft games, can anyone help? we live in the same area under the same internet provider.

thanks in advance

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, it sounds as if your or your friend's PC is on auto IP, please take a look and change to static IP if this is the case http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/2009/11/26/windows-7-static-ip/

After doing this ensure the ports are set to that IP through your router.

HTWingNut
12-28-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm having the same issue. I opened up DMZ and disabled firewall. We can see each other and accept invite but it keeps failing to join each other. This is annoying and frustrating. We both have static IP addresses as well. Never had this much trouble connecting to games since 1995.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi, I suggest contacting Technical Support so they can take a look at this for you https://support.ubi.com/

It may also be possible that your ISP is blocking certain ports, so it is worth giving them a ring to see or it may be that you have incompatible routers.

The ports required are;

Game Ports:
TCP: 80, 443
UDP: 3658, 13000-13032

Uplay PC:
TCP: 13000, 13005, 13200

P.S: It is not recommended to put a PC in DMZ as this will open every port and open the PC up to attacks, for consoles this is OK.