PDA

View Full Version : HELP Stuck on Assassin's Creed 4 Catching the sage

Luke10x
12-26-2013, 09:02 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:You can see exactly what im talking about on this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itcgsYuJqLk - It doesn't crash on this video but at around 0:16 is where I crash anywhere I go. I don't exactly know what to do since I just got this game. If anybody has any clue as to what I should do please help! I can't play the game now!

coppersink63
12-26-2013, 08:47 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:You can see exactly what im talking about on this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itcgsYuJqLk - It doesn't crash on this video but at around 0:16 is where I crash anywhere I go. I don't exactly know what to do since I just got this game. If anybody has any clue as to what I should do please help! I can't play the game now!

Yea this has been happening to me for a couple days now and there are several others with this problem. I have tried just about everything but it seems to be some sort of coding problem between the game any my hardware at that exact point. Re installing / downloading drivers / verifying files does not seem to work. I have also tried having a friend move my save file beyond this point but that didnt work either. I have no idea what is causing the problem and UBI has yet to respond to any of this.

Luke10x
12-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Wow thats great. Im just glad that i got this game with the holiday bundle with my graphics card and didnt waste 60 ****ing bucks for some **** that doesnt work

Frag_Maniac
12-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Most that have reported problems with this mission just say the optional objective on PC is impossible while running. I had to do it while crouched and stationary, but it worked.

Curious, are you guys getting any error messages when it crashes, and does the screen freeze, or is it a crash to desktop? Any Windows alert sounds when it happens? Have you looked in Event Viewer to see if it's reported there?

Also, try disabling any overclocks you might have on your GPU or CPU, and try disabling the UPlay overlay. Some have also reported disabling UPlay Cloud Syncing fixes some problems, and I myself fixed one problem disabling the overlay.

coppersink63
12-27-2013, 04:41 PM
It says that the progam has stopped working. I have tried coming at every angle while chasing the Sage but it still crashes. I dont have any overclocks going and I am not sure how to disable the overlay. The strange thing is that me and a friend of mine have the exact same computer. he doesnt get the error but I do. The only major difference between the two of us is that he didnt do any windows updates in the past year.

To be honest UBI needed to do a MUCH better job porting this game over to PC. This forum is packed with crashing errors and I have yet to see UBI do anything to fix the problems.

coppersink63
12-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Also I will give Ubi about a week to atleast respond to this issue and the ticket I opened and if they dont, then ill be getting my money back from UPlay.

YazX_
12-28-2013, 01:46 AM
Most that have reported problems with this mission just say the optional objective on PC is impossible while running. I had to do it while crouched and stationary, but it worked.

well it works well while running, timing and positioning are very important, anyway, you figured it which is good thing.

Anyway, to OP and people having problems, have you guys tried to replay the whole memory not last check point?

Frag_Maniac
12-28-2013, 02:20 AM
copper,
When you say only major difference are you accounting for everything when comparing your PC to your friend's? I mean there's a myriad of little details that can be different in both software and hardware.

Anyways, the overlay in UPlay is accessed via the little gear icon in the upper right corner. Then click settings and you'll see it under the General tab. You can also try turning off Cloud Syncing on that same page, which has also fixed problems for some.

Yaz,
I'm not just referring to the PC version, but using KB/M as well. There was a similar problem with one of the optional tackle from above objectives in AC3. I've yet to see a video of anyone doing it while running, or even any talk of it, not on KB/M anyway. It's not a problem while running on the ground, just from an above leap while using KB/M.

Trust me, I tried it numerous ways, and so did others, but the bottom line is you have to use the button/keys the game prompts you to via the puppeteer. What worked for me, just like in the mission in AC3, was to get ahead of the target, since he runs a scripted route, perch on an object just above him, and pounce on him via the run+tackle buttons/keys.

Just the fact that the AC IV has you using different buttons/keys to tackle an enemy vs friendly is quite strange. It was bad enough going through this ordeal with the sage, but when I got to the part where you have to tackle James Kidd, I found out the game wanted me to use LMB instead of E. Very weird. There I was on numerous tries not being able to figure out why I couldn't tackle him, then I notice the LMB tackle prompt icon in the puppeteer. LOL

assistyourkill
12-28-2013, 07:47 AM
I have the same problems as luke and copper, during the catch the sage mission there is a certain point in the area where the sages runs where the whole game just freezes, including sound, and I get the ACBF Has Stopped Working. I have an nvidia evga 760 gtx which included this game,windows 7, i tried disabling cloud synchronization etc but nothing works. Also the game crashes not only during the mission, but also when I enter that area of the map during freemode.http://i.imgur.com/I48pVWm.png This is around the place the crash occurs, i've tried a lot of different angles and the game crashes all the same. Please respond as I am unable to continue the main story.

Frag_Maniac
12-28-2013, 08:09 AM
By any chance, have you guys tried changing the PhysX settings in NCP like this guy did? http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/820000-Trust-Is-Earned-Principe-FIX!-(Nvidia-only-)

It's not the same mission, but it fixed a crash problem for him, so it's worth a shot. The 760 should be plenty powerful enough. I just ran a check for it's Passmark score and it almost scores as high as my 7970.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that Nvidia needs to tweak their drivers or control panel some for this game. The lack of optimization with the smoke in sea battles is clearly on Ubi, but other than that, I think it could be vendor specific as far as optimization goes.

jerfmaster
12-28-2013, 07:07 PM
I am also having this issue. Tried the Phys-X fix mentioned above, but no dice. Also tried disabling the Uplay overlay and dropping some of my graphics settings to see if it was related, but still crashing. Anyone get a response from UBI support yet?

BerridiAndres
12-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Hey man! I have the same problem! It's like a line in Havana that you can't tranpass, try another route to pursuit him, it doesnt matter, it happens again! I tried everything too, like the video i have that exactly problem at 0:16! Im very sad, because I was so excited to play this game, and its awesome btw! Please Ubi do something!!

T3mpl4r_Kill3r
12-28-2013, 08:46 PM
This does not work for the Catch the Sage mission. At least for me

Lumirel
12-28-2013, 08:59 PM
I have done little research while I got into this problem and its not actualy the mission, but location problem. I have quited memory, after being trapped in this crash-loop and I have discovered that if I go to that location without mission (catch the sage) it will crash aswell, I tried to go around from north and when I get close to forth on the west peak of town, it crashes aswell - everything quite close to location from screenshot (we all know where it crashes).

What have I also tried?

1) Reinstalling graphic drivers - latest ATI drivers and aswell latest beta drivers (just to be sure)
2) Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012 (with update 4)
3) Reinstalling DirectX 11
4) Verify game at Uplay - twice
5) Setting graphics to lowest options
6) Running AC4 as administrator
7) Disable cloud saving
8) Restarting memory
9) Checking for Windows updates
10) Shutting down all other aps than those nessesary (even shutted down antivirus or DEP - Data Execute Protection)

My System:

Q6600 - 2,4 Ghz
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon 5870

Other than that game runs fine, I did not have any other problem - no stuttering, no graphic glitches... but without being able to visit this part of town or do that mission, its kinda game-killer.

assistyourkill
12-28-2013, 09:23 PM
this didn't seem to work i'm afraid

assistyourkill
12-28-2013, 09:26 PM
I have done little research while I got into this problem and its not actualy the mission, but location problem. I have quited memory, after being trapped in this crash-loop and I have discovered that if I go to that location without mission (catch the sage) it will crash aswell, I tried to go around from north and when I get close to forth on the west peak of town, it crashes aswell - everything quite close to location from screenshot (we all know where it crashes).

I experienced the same thing, game crashes when you enter that perimeter where the sage runs into, which means theres no way to continue the story.

Lumirel
12-28-2013, 09:56 PM
I experienced the same thing, game crashes when you enter that perimeter where the sage runs into, which means theres no way to continue the story.

Check this out: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818040-Trust-is-earned-campaign-keeps-crashing-cannot-progress/page4

We are not the only one, it seems to be causing last patch 1.04 which might have done something to physics... (mostly Nvidia users having this issue) There might be some fix for you guys... I am ATI user, so nothing for me... well, seems like Ubisoft just failed us - mostly in fixing their own errors...

assistyourkill
12-28-2013, 11:57 PM
Check this out: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/818040-Trust-is-earned-campaign-keeps-crashing-cannot-progress/page4

We are not the only one, it seems to be causing last patch 1.04 which might have done something to physics... (mostly Nvidia users having this issue) There might be some fix for you guys... I am ATI user, so nothing for me... well, seems like Ubisoft just failed us - mostly in fixing their own errors...
Well thanks for the help, I might just wait for ubisoft to patch the game, if that doesn't work i'll just try that. I have the digital version of the game along with an incredibly terrible internet (300 kbps max downloads), so i'll just try and be patient

Lumirel
12-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Well thanks for the help, I might just wait for ubisoft to patch the game, if that doesn't work i'll just try that. I have the digital version of the game along with an incredibly terrible internet (300 kbps max downloads), so i'll just try and be patient

Well, you can at least add your voice here in tech forums - in this big topic about same issue: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810031-AC4BFSP-exe-has-stopped-working

Lumirel
12-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Please check out this topic and fill those answers --- http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/820415-Chase-the-Sage-AC4BFSP-EXE-stopped-working-crash-identification-thread

Thank you