PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

ShoryukenMan
12-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi all. I'm a new member. Although, I've been casually lurking ever since the release of Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'm not used to joining a forum without an introduction thread, and I didn't see a separate sub forum for doing that, and so before I jumped into any ongoing threads or created one of my own, I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been a fan of the series ever since the first game released in 2007. I own all the titles and played them all many, times. (AC1-4 times, AC2-6 times, ACB-6 times, ACR-2 times, AC3-2 times, AC4-once)

My favorite title in the entire series is Brotherhood. I love, love, LOVE that game.

Anyways, that's just a little bit about me, and I look forward to joining you all in open discussions on the series as a whole and where it might be headed next.

JumpInTheFire13
12-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the the forums! It's the best place I've found to talk about these amazing games that you seem to love just as much as I do!

AngryRaisin
12-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Welcome and thanks for introducing yourself. I know what you mean about the awkwardness in the lack of an intro Thread. Anyway, just jump in and don't sweat the awkwardness. :)

LoyalACFan
12-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Welcome. Looking forward to hearing your input, even though Brotherhood is my least favorite AC... :p

Shahkulu101
12-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Welcome. Looking forward to hearing your input, even though Brotherhood is my least favorite AC... :p

Dude... I'm replaying Brotherhood and it's bloody brilliant. The side activities are plentiful and loads of fun - main missions are varied and plenty are open-ended. The Borgia towers, Rome's charm, the beautiful ambient music.... I love it so much - maybe a little biased because it was my first AC game.

I do understand the complaints with the story but I kind of like it, everything you do is intertwined to rebuilding Rome. Sure, they're mustache twirling idiots but I forgive that, it's a video game story video game story, if you get me. Gameplay came first with Brotherhood.

I'm simply curious here: what faults did you find with the gameplay? I'd say combat and underdeveloped, mediocrely executed stealth but these problems plagued the whole series.

AngryRaisin
12-26-2013, 09:25 AM
I loved Brotherhood as much as I loved AC2, which was my first. I especially loved the DaVinci stuff and thinking back, I can't think of anything I didn't like.

LoyalACFan
12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Dude... I'm replaying Brotherhood and it's bloody brilliant. The side activities are plentiful and loads of fun - main missions are varied and plenty are open-ended. The Borgia towers, Rome's charm, the beautiful ambient music.... I love it so much - maybe a little biased because it was my first AC game.

I do understand the complaints with the story but I kind of like it, everything you do is intertwined to rebuilding Rome. Sure, they're mustache twirling idiots but I forgive that, it's a video game story video game story, if you get me. Gameplay came first with Brotherhood.

I'm simply curious here: what faults did you find with the gameplay? I'd say combat and underdeveloped, mediocrely executed stealth but these problems plagued the whole series.

Basically what you already said in terms of gameplay; "meh" combat and stealth. But it wasn't gameplay that turned me off of it. I loved AC2's epic, sweeping story that took you clear across the Italian peninsula and introduced to to all sorts of characters (I get that it was a simple revenge tale, but it was well-done) and by comparison, Brotherhood's story was painfully limited. "Fight Cesare." That's literally the entire game. Nothing changes, you don't meet any new allies or visit any new locations, you just chip away Cesare's support for eight hours and then kill him. It felt like one AC2 sequence stretched out into nine.

Plus, you mention rebuilding Rome as being a plus, but I despised it. I hated the city itself, it was just so wide-open and bland. The one little district around Claudia's brothel was cool (and the Vatican would have been if there was anything there to freaking do) but beyond that, the map was boring as hell compared to all the AC2 ones. Florence had a warm homey feeling, San Gimignano had those dramatic skyscrapers all packed so densely together like a modern urban jungle, Forli had that epic swamp that felt like it was choking the city itself, and Venice had that incredible dreamlike quality about it. Never have I enjoyed exploring any game world more than AC2's Italy. But Rome evoked no emotion in me like its predecessors did; it was just a gigantic beige monstrosity.

The side missions were admittedly the best of any AC game pre-AC4, but considering I hated the city and the plot premise that the side activities were built upon... I guess you could see why I was unimpressed with them.

oliacr
12-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Welcome!

SixKeys
12-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Another Brotherhood fan, w00t! ;) ACB is my favorite game, too.

Welcome to the forums.