PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Black Flag Crash?

Dyzy-
12-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Ok so i received assassins creed black flag for christmas along with an alienware x51 and i wanted to play it, i installed it and started it up, i got to the screen where it allows you to start a new game, id start a new game, put in my name, and then it would start loading then the game would just crash and take me back to the desktop, my mouse wouldnt be there and i couldnt really do anything, though the screen was not frozen because if i hit capslock the indicator for that popped up. plz help me as to what i should do about the error!!!

trebizond79
12-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Evening. There seems to be a good few bugs in AC4, so it's probably best to start off with the basics and see if that can at least get a game going. Sorry if any of this is obvious :)

- Update your graphics drivers - If you've got the GTX645/GTX760 in your x51, get the new 331.93 Beta drivers from the Nvidia website. If it's the R9 270 whatever the latest Catalysts from AMD are.
- Update your audio drivers - either try the ones from Dell/Alienware, or go straight to Realtek. A warning though - the Realtek website is downright shoddy, and it'll take you about an hour to download their drivers.
- If your x51 has the GeForce 645 in it, that's a rebadged 560 so a couple of years old. It should still work, but the details might need to be dialled down a tad. If you've got the 760TI or R9 270 then you should be fine at pretty much all on (maybe lower the AA some)

And just some quick tips - if you're using UPlay, turn off the cloud syncing (Uplay/cog symbol top right/Settings/Untick 'enable cloud save synchronisation for save games) It'll destroy your save games :s

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 02:33 AM
Ok so i received assassins creed black flag for christmas along with an alienware x51 and i wanted to play it, i installed it and started it up, i got to the screen where it allows you to start a new game, id start a new game, put in my name, and then it would start loading then the game would just crash and take me back to the desktop, my mouse wouldnt be there and i couldnt really do anything, though the screen was not frozen because if i hit capslock the indicator for that popped up. plz help me as to what i should do about the error!!!

I sent you a PM, please read it.

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 02:48 AM
And just some quick tips - if you're using UPlay, turn off the cloud syncing (Uplay/cog symbol top right/Settings/Untick 'enable cloud save synchronisation for save games) It'll destroy your save games :s

Not true, at least not holistically. I own the Steam Gold Edition, which saves via UPlay as I've proven here recently, despite Questions insisting otherwise and getting the thread he mentioned it in locked after starting in with more insulting trash talking.

I've never once turned off UPlay Cloud Syncing and I've never once had any save problems by it. I HAVE turned off UPlay's overlay after having a problem with Freedom Cry launching after installing it though, and that allowed it to launch.

I know for a fact my Steam copy saves via UPlay because I've tracked and shown the save file location, and even successfully used a backup copy of it my first play through when I blew an optional objective on an Assassin Contract. I also play with Steam in offline mode, and there's no save folder whatsoever for Black Flag in any of my Steam files.

Whatever you do, check the credibility of those whom offer advice. I think you'll find the one I mentioned (not talking about trebizond79) has a habit of misleading and insulting people.

Questions2ask
12-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Whatever you do, check the credibility of those whom offer advice. I think you'll find the one I mentioned (not talking about trebizond79) has a habit of misleading and insulting people.
This is coming from someone who does no checking on anything even when given the sources on which to check the facts to be verified on, and instead of doing so, he doesn't and then tries telling everyone what they have and have not done.

Frag_Maniac
12-26-2013, 03:17 AM
This is coming from someone who does no checking on anything even when given the sources on which to check the facts to be verified on, and instead of doing so, he doesn't and then tries telling everyone what they have and have not done.

I'm not the one having several people state I don't get facts right on a regular basis, you are. And how about admitting to everyone here that you openly said you pirated games before trying to act like some half arsed tech support guy? Kinda hypocritical don't you think? You think most of these people would trust your advice if you told them you steal your games?

Black Flag is about pirates, not for pirates. You don't even belong here.

trebizond79
12-27-2013, 02:09 AM
Not true, at least not holistically. I own the Steam Gold Edition, which saves via UPlay as I've proven here recently, despite Questions insisting otherwise and getting the thread he mentioned it in locked after starting in with more insulting trash talking.

I've never once turned off UPlay Cloud Syncing and I've never once had any save problems by it. I HAVE turned off UPlay's overlay after having a problem with Freedom Cry launching after installing it though, and that allowed it to launch.

My mistake - I should, have course, said 'it has destroyed MY save games'. Your mileage may vary :)

emjotbe
03-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have the latest drivers for my geforce gtx 660, but the game still crashes after loading.
Please help!