PDA

View Full Version : Follow

Blackflagdritt
12-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Im I the only one that try these games, but just cant be bothered to play more than an hour or two, before the follow him/her just takes the fun out of the game. Even when walking 1 feet next the guy I follow the stupid timer comes up if I dont look at him the Whole time. Follow, desync, and do the same thing over and over. The career is actually the worst part of the game With all the lame followstuff.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Use Eagle Vision on your target to "Mark" him.

And the timer is actually pretty lenient compared to past games. 20 seconds is quite a bit of time to get your bearings. Just don't panic.

SixKeys
12-25-2013, 10:50 PM
In OP's defense, AC4 has more tailing missions than any prior game in the series. Almost every story-related mission is about tailing.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 11:24 PM
In OP's defense, AC4 has more tailing missions than any prior game in the series. Almost every story-related mission is about tailing.

Oh I agree. I was just trying to make the experience more bearable.

Having the timer come up isn't too big of a deal, if you take your time and try to regain focus again. And having them marked prevents the timer from coming up at all.

pirate1802
12-27-2013, 09:36 AM
I never had a problem with tailing, probably because I used Eagle vision all the time. The new tagging ability is awesome. Now its more lenient than ever, as Mneonic said, you can "follow" people through walls, be miles away from them as long as you are "seeing" them, and the timer will never come up.

Indeed, but most of those tailing missions transform into assassination/infiltration missions later on. I saw those as the prologues to the actual action. Probably why I'm not that mad over them. :p It may be a little grating but they do provide for a natural progression. For example it would be weird if Edward suddenly knew where his stuff is locked up and also somehow got the key to the locker.

oliacr
12-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Tailing is easy when you mark the enemy with the eagle vision, but it's boring.