PDA

View Full Version : Saves were wiped

Alexandr-RS
12-24-2013, 09:23 PM
I had progressed ~30% global sync by game crashed. I have 0% progress now. The saves were wiped. Return me the game. I won't play from 0%

Gambi7
12-24-2013, 09:31 PM
I had progressed ~30% global sync by game crashed. I have 0% progress now. The saves were wiped. Return me the game. I won't play from 0%
Bahahah, not funny! Welcome to my world and a LOT of other peoples as well. I lost 73% completion 30-50 hours gameplay, and ubi doesn't care. Doesn't seem to be a fix on forum from what i see :(

Alexandr-RS
12-24-2013, 09:45 PM
i lost more than 30 hours gameplay. :-(

Questions2ask
12-24-2013, 11:06 PM
i lost more than 30 hours gameplay. :-(
The people who have lost game saves all have the same thing in common and that is they either reformat their computer. mess with some settings, change the games installation directory, or are using unauthorized 3rd party software. Also people are trying to use someone game save other than their own and or games saves from pirated copies of the game

You guys are causing your own game saves to be wiped so quit complaining and deal with it.

The game doesn't update and all of a sudden you lose your progress without some form of tampering. I've gone through 2-3 updates same as everyone else, and my game save is perfectly fine. If the problem was the update then I would have lost my game save as well.

Quit screwing with things and you won't have this problem. And don't bother saying you didn't screw with anything either, because you did.

smokin_mitch
12-24-2013, 11:59 PM
The people who have lost game saves all have the same thing in common and that is they either reformat their computer. mess with some settings, change the games installation directory, or are using unauthorized 3rd party software. Also people are trying to use someone game save other than their own and or games saves from pirated copies of the game

You guys are causing your own game saves to be wiped so quit complaining and deal with it.

The game doesn't update and all of a sudden you lose your progress without some form of tampering. I've gone through 2-3 updates same as everyone else, and my game save is perfectly fine. If the problem was the update then I would have lost my game save as well.

Quit screwing with things and you won't have this problem. And don't bother saying you didn't screw with anything either, because you did.

untrue in my case, I own the steam digital deluxe version and I lost my save because I had Uplay cloud sync enabled (which it is by default) and it wasn't a crash or anything I just loaded the game up and all my progress was gone from 40% down to 20%? this was on patch v1.02 and since I disabled cloud sync I haven't had an issue.

I'm guessing having cloud sync enabled, if you lose connection to the ubi servers while playing even briefly your progress won't save from that point on until you restart the game, maybe this has been fixed I'm not sure as I haven't used cloud sync since I lost my progress on v1.02 we are now v1.04 but I don't trust Uplay cloud sync anymore and I'm 100% complete and 20% into my second play through

only issue I have now is social events not appearing

strigoi1958
12-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Bahahah, not funny! Welcome to my world and a LOT of other peoples as well. I lost 73% completion 30-50 hours gameplay, and ubi doesn't care. Doesn't seem to be a fix on forum from what i see :(

I'm quite sure Ubi does care because it is not good when anything causes customer distress... In this case there is nothing Ubi can do. For some reason, either a technical issue or a security threat... the cloud sync was lost and it affected some people. I've had times when I've had to format my pc and have hated losing everything and then to go through that long long process of installing windows and all the drivers for printers and external devices are a nightmare but it happens...this time instead of just a virus on one pc it was something that affected a global company and if it were possible to have saved the cloud save games they would have but unfortunately they couldn't. We still have our game and we enjoyed the time we played... so really everyone is annoyed we're starting over again but think of the first time as a trial run and disable cloud sync and save to pc.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 12:38 AM
untrue in my case, I own the steam digital deluxe version
I'm going to stop you right there because the only thing UPLAY is needed for on Steam, is to launch the game. You cannot sync anything to UPLAY under a Steam account, because the game and all it's content, is connected directly to your Steam account and only your Steam account. Sorry to break it to you but You lost your game save because of an issue with Steam sync, and not uplay.

Nice try on that one.

As for this:

I'm quite sure Ubi does care because it is not good when anything causes customer distress....
Problems that arise on Steam copies are not the responsibility of UBISOFT, how the hell is UBISOFT supposed to do Steam support?

When you purchase a game on Steam, the game is connected to the STEAM account you purchased it on and NOT UPLAY which makes any problems on it, a Steam issue that ONLY Steam can resolve. People have this misguided concept that because the game needs uplay to launch then the game is under uplay agreement when that's totally untrue. Purchasing a game on Steam means the game is now on Steam not UPLAY.

People seriously don't get how this works.

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm going to stop you right there because the only thing UPLAY is needed for on Steam, is to launch the game. You cannot sync anything to UPLAY under a Steam account, because the game and all it's content, is connected directly to your Steam account and only your Steam account. Sorry to break it to you but You lost your game save because of an issue with Steam sync, and not uplay.

also untrue steam is just used to purchase and download the game Uplay and my Uplay account is used to launch it and save if you have cloud sync enabled

I know this for a fact as I seen it with my own eyes, when you launch black flag it starts steam and Uplay and uplay syncs your game saves not steam, steam is just used to deliver the game and updates the game itself still runs through Uplay

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 01:02 AM
also untrue steam is just used to purchase and download the game Uplay and my Uplay account is used to launch it and save if you have cloud sync enabled
Sorry but you really have no clue on how this works. Tell you what, if you seriously think what you said was true, then here is what you should do, completely close Steam and try launching your game with UPLAY only and let me know how well that works for you?

You see If the game isn't tied to your steam account, then you should be able to launch and play the game without STEAM and only with UPLAY ONLY but you're going to see that's not going to happen and Steam will launch. Please feel free to do what I said and see first hand what happens.

Also while you're at it, go buy DLC for this game directly off UPLAY, and try to get it working on your game.

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Tell you what, why don't you try adding me as a friend on uplay, or try joining me on a multi-player match and see how well that works for you?

Add me on uplay name is tx3000

Steam and UPLAY friends cannot connect to each others friends list they are completely separate coding.

done awaiting your approval

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Sorry but you really have no clue on how this works. Tell you what, if you seriously think what you said was true, then here is what you should do, completely close Steam and try launching your game with UPLAY only and let me know how well that works for you?

You see If the game isn't tied to your steam account, then you should be able to launch and play the game without STEAM at all.

Also while you're at it, go buy DLC for this game directly off UPLAY, and try to get it working on your game.

its you my friend who seem to have no idea, steam is required to be running on all games purchased through steam its a layer of DRM, black flag even though purchased through steam is still tied to Uplay and requires Uplay to be installed as it runs through Uplay and connects to Ubisioft servers to sync saves/ play multiplayer

steam is just used for content purchase/delivery and adds an extra layer of DRM

i'm not really interested in having a pissing contest with you, believe what you want mate however wrong it is

strigoi1958
12-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Questions2ask. I'm sure you have at least one good reason to hate steam and I accept that is YOUR point of view and good luck with that. Steam is a marketplace and when anyone buys a UPLAY game through steam... it launches through steam (probably to verify it was legitimately purchased) then launches uplay and runs through uplay... exactly as if it was bought directly through uplay or on disk and registered through uplay. VALVE is a game dev, at present... UPLAY are selling games from other devs such as EA and warner brothers.... but if UPLAY (another marketplace like steam) starts selling Valve games and valve insist they run through steam then uplay will launch to verify it's a legitimate purchase then steam will launch and the game will run through steam.
It's 00.20 a.m. here so wishing you all merry christmas. :D

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 01:24 AM
done awaiting your approval

You sent the request through uplay not Steam, which has nothing to do what I said. I very clearly stated that Steam and UPLAY friends cannot connect to each other You're sending a request through Uplay which Uplay to uplay not Steam to uplay.

You also weren't able to launch the game without Steam right that's because your game is on your Steam account not uplay.

As I said launch the game Without Steam and see if you can do it. iF what you said was true then you won't need Steam because it's not on your Steam account.

I can launch the game without Steam because my game is connected to my UPLAY account not Steam.

strigoi1958
12-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Everyones game is connected to their uplay account because everyone needs a uplay account to play it regardless of where it was purchased. Ubi cloud sync was wiped Steam does not have access or control of Ubi cloud sync. Steam runs first if a game was purchased there and after that as soon as uplay launches... steam has nothing to do with it. You are entitled to your belief that steam is responsible for everything terrible in the world but they have nothing to do with Ubi servers or ubi cloud sync. As I stated before ... for some reason UBI lost some cloud saved games and it is unfortunate but we just have to accept that and move on.

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 01:41 AM
LOL

you said add me as a friend on Uplay so I did, of coarse steam friends and Uplay friends are separate, the fact they are separate doesn't prove your point at all.

the fact I can add you as a friend on uplay and join you on MP black flag even though I bought the game through steam proves my point, black flag purchased through steam is still tied to uplay?

I give up...:p

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 02:35 AM
LOL

you said add me as a friend on Uplay so I did, of coarse steam friends and Uplay friends are separate, the fact they are separate doesn't prove your point at all.

the fact I can add you as a friend on uplay and join you on MP black flag even though I bought the game through steam proves my point, black flag purchased through steam is still tied to uplay?

I give up...:p

You're still ignoring the overall point and what I asked. If what you're saying is true, then Run the game without Steam. Shouldn't need Steam if the game is tied to your uplay account The game is tied to the account you purchased it with. You're also launching the game through Steam not uplay.

Gambi7
12-25-2013, 06:34 AM
I'm quite sure Ubi does care because it is not good when anything causes customer distress... In this case there is nothing Ubi can do. For some reason, either a technical issue or a security threat... the cloud sync was lost and it affected some people. I've had times when I've had to format my pc and have hated losing everything and then to go through that long long process of installing windows and all the drivers for printers and external devices are a nightmare but it happens...this time instead of just a virus on one pc it was something that affected a global company and if it were possible to have saved the cloud save games they would have but unfortunately they couldn't. We still have our game and we enjoyed the time we played... so really everyone is annoyed we're starting over again but think of the first time as a trial run and disable cloud sync and save to pc.

My cloud sync is off, all i am trying to recover is my own personal backups which don't work. Ubi doesn't care, they are worse than EA. When i had issues with Sim City EA helped me out, Ubi hasn't even taken a moment to assist me, over a week now.

Also like in another post, please guys stop replying to Questions2ask, as you notice he is a troll and gets topics locked, if you ignore him without replying, he will eventually go away =D

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Obviously he likes to embarrass himself. In AC case Steam only acts as download system and additional DRM at launch. Uplay handles everything else, you register your game and additional content keys there, it keeps your saves, handles achievements and uplay win actions/rewards. Also game is using Uplay's friend list and nothing else, MP does not care where you got your game, you can play against any PC player.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 07:34 AM
My cloud sync is off, all i am trying to recover is my own personal backups which don't work. Ubi doesn't care, they are worse than EA. When i had issues with Sim City EA helped me out, Ubi hasn't even taken a moment to assist me, over a week now

Shut up and quit complaining about help when you're the one refusing to take the help.
UBISFOT SUPPORT IS NOT GOING TO HELP YOU because you not only screwed with your game settings, but you also screwed with saves themselves.

You have the Steam copy of the game and are trying to use the UPLAY cloud to restore your saves, exactly just how dumb are you for even attempting this and thinking this would work.

Listen up you stick, YOU CANNOT USE THE UPLAY CLOUD ON YOUR STEAM GAME IT DOES NOT WORK AND WON'T EVER WORK and UBISOFT WILL NOT HELP YOU WITH STEAM RELATED ISSUES. That is Something you should have gotten through your thick head by now.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Shut up and quit complaining about help when you're the one refusing to take the help.
UBISFOT SUPPORT IS NOT GOING TO HELP YOU because you not only screwed with your game settings, but you also screwed with saves themselves.

You have the Steam copy of the game and are trying to use the UPLAY cloud to restore your saves, exactly just how dumb are you for even attempting this and thinking this would work.

Listen up you stick, YOU CANNOT USE THE UPLAY CLOUD ON YOUR STEAM GAME IT DOES NOT WORK AND WON'T EVER WORK and UBISOFT WILL NOT HELP YOU WITH STEAM RELATED ISSUES. That is Something you should have gotten through your thick head by now.

Saved games are saved on Uplay's cloud. Not Steam. You wouldn't know that because you're banned from Steam.

That's fact. You are, once again, wrong.

I've also reported you. I am so sick of your lies and insults and needy attempt to put down others for no reason and telling people to stop "complaining" when the help you provide isn't any help at all.

Have a nice life, d-bag.

Questions2ask
12-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Saved games are saved on Uplay's cloud. Not Steam. You wouldn't know that because you're banned from Steam.

That's fact. You are, once again, wrong.

I've also reported you. I am so sick of your lies and insults and needy attempt to put down others for no reason and telling people to stop "complaining" when the help you provide isn't any help at all.

Have a nice life, d-bag.
Banned from Steam, Really I'm curious as to how one gets banned from a place they don't even use? You've said dumb things, but that tops the list.

And ALL Steam games are sync'd on the Steam cloud, Not sure why you even think a Steam game can sync to the UBISOFT cloud never mind seriously trying to argue that. And then claim I don't know what I'm doing.

But of course none of you clowns seem to understand that despite not being able to get your saves working which that in itself proves it.

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Banned from Steam, Really I'm curious as to how one gets banned from a place they don't even use? You've said dumb things, but that tops the list.

And ALL Steam games are sync'd on the Steam cloud, Not sure why you even think a Steam game can sync to the UBISOFT cloud never mind seriously trying to argue that. And then claim I don't know what I'm doing.

But of course none of you clowns seem to understand that despite not being able to get your saves working which that in itself proves it.

So you don't use Steam, but are the expert on it.

Right.

Well, you got me there with that logic of yours! Good show!

Now, let's talk some real logic.

First off, not every game save is synced to Steam's cloud. Only games that say "SteamCloud" are.

Secondly, when you disable Uplay Sync, it doesn't save your game to the Uplay Cloud. I know this because I disabled it at home, played a bit, and when I got to work the next day I was playing some more and realized I hadn't turned sync back on, therefore I was where I started before I turned off the Uplay Sync function. It didn't save to the Steam Cloud. Steam is multiple things, but in this case it's just a distribution and additional DRM. Nothing more.

Lastly, you do use Steam, or you did, because you were complaining about Skyrim. You shouldn't complain about that, because you agreed to the EULA. Since you're so pissy about Steam, the obvious conclusion is, you were banned.

Even if you weren't banned, the above proves you wrong. Of course, you don't "use" Steam, but you're the expert.

Anykeyer
12-25-2013, 08:12 AM
This is funny. That guy does not use Steam yet claims to know something about it.
Not all games use Steam cloud, not even close.
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/6849/j8ustshu29.png

MnemonicSyntax
12-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Nice Anykeyer

And, here's proof that it's not saved via Steam Cloud.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/MnemonicSyntax/Questionstheidiot.jpg (http://s174.photobucket.com/user/MnemonicSyntax/media/Questionstheidiot.jpg.html)

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 10:49 AM

I think you should shut up, and stop acting like you know what your talking about when the sad truth is you haven't got a dam clue.....

you are a fool, and if you actually believe the misinformation you have been spreading all over this forum you are a blind fool too

smokin_mitch
12-25-2013, 10:53 AM
and I solved my save game issue by disabling cloud sync in Uplay which is why I originally posted in this thread to give the guys having issues a possible fix not to get into a flaming war with a total moron like you Questions2ask

MudBloodOCAU
12-28-2013, 01:07 PM
I tried the disabling sync to fix, but my saves are still gone..

Anything else you done?

Uranus888
12-28-2013, 03:41 PM
I tried the disabling sync to fix, but my saves are still gone..

Anything else you done?

Unfortunately, disabling Cloud sync will not bring your save back. It will only prevent that this cloud issue happens again in future.
If you didn't backup your savegames prior this issue with Ubi Cloud, you have a big problem.

- You can try to use some windows recovery tools to see if you can undelete your files
- You can try to contact Ubi Support to get your files from the cloud, but I can already tell you that that is not possible
- You can wait that Ubi fix this issue as they say they are "improving the functionality of the cloud system" in the hope this will bring the thousands of users their savegames back (if and when this will happen only odds will know)
- You can startover
- You can get some savefiles from a friend and try to convert them (google this)

And Ubisoft should learn from its mistakes and work HARD to avoid such serious problems in future.

SlendySlasher
12-28-2013, 04:47 PM

I'll be honest this comment is a little rude mate. There's no reason to accuse people of "Screwing" with stuff, unless you're 100% sure they have been. Which, unless you've actually seen their computer, you can't really be 100% sure. Also, just because something worked for you certainly does not mean that it's working for everyone else. This is why, for example, beta testers for a game all use different systems, different OS, and different hardware configurations. Because, what may be perfect for one guy, is a mess for another.

Not saying that you're wrong, because a lot of these issues are indeed caused by people messing with their laptops and Ubisoft client. That being said, not all of them are from that. In my case, it was entirely a Uplay problem.

I did absolutely nothing to my computer, and Uplay updated by itself, which wiped all my Assassin's Creed, and Far Cry 3 save files. I was super sad, and the worst part was that my gamesave backups refuse to register in the game. My cloud save backups... Well, I wonder what the purpose of those even is if they don't restore lost data, but whatever...

BOOFNODGILE
12-28-2013, 09:44 PM
This is not a Steam problem. I received AC:BF with my Nvidia card. Redeemed it on Uplay and have only used Uplay to play this game. Logged on today only to see that my 20+ hours worth of playtime was completely wiped and my only option is to start a new game. I knew Ubisoft was stupid for implementing their own launcher/DRM (Uplay), but holy crap.... They can't even do cloud saving right. I won't start the game over from 0% and if they don't come up with a solution to recovering my gamesave, I definitely won't ever purchase a game that requires Uplay. I can't even imagine how pissed I would be if I hadn't received this game for "free" in a bundle.

MnemonicSyntax
12-28-2013, 09:49 PM
He's banned guys. Don't worry about Questions, he was a major forum troll and an all around idiot. Let's move on, yes?

Kaldire
12-29-2013, 12:13 AM
as a senior member id hope you would have better tact there mnemonicsyntax

as for anyone else who is upset,
pm me.

btw the saves from a friend, is illegal, and requires cracking as it uses your key, not your friends, only way to do that is a 3dm cracker for saves, and trust me
ubi doesnt condone that, at all, not just that but the sync wont match
so even if u got a 100% synched save from a friend used that... tool.. it wont show up as 100% anything, only in game and u wont have ur stuff ull have his/hers

mnemonic ive reported your behaviour to reps
just calm it down, senior members shouldnt be this, controlling, nor rude

as for whover said only the people effected either erased or messed with the game dir
THIS IS UNTRUE

ubi REPS even lost their saves (thats who u call at the call center)
what did happen was during the dlc launch they locked up the games (for me it was MP that lagged then crashed with ac4mp.exe error, when i restarted poof saves in sp were gone.
so no mate its not just messing with 3rd party etc blah blah

anyone wanting to add input of fight this and other games pm me.

im trying the right way first of just pooling all together to petition to the devs that this isnt ok, its not just 1 game its all ac games 2-4 thats 5 games that had this issue and others like (99% sync stuck on initates even though games dna says 100% etc)
then telling us to erase those saves and start over as well (ac3 for example)
no no

hit me up

and please senior members and reps, show some compassion people are hurt, in time, money ,and brain but worst of all the fear of ubi not caring about its consumers is REAL, they dont.
not one "we are sorry" from the devs since ac BH

hit me back, make fun of me or join me my first goal is to get HQ a list to the devs of all of us who have effected game (doesnt have to be just AC4 or even the ac series)
pm me mateys

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 12:27 AM
as a senior member id hope you would have better tact there mnemonicsyntax

as for anyone else who is upset,
pm me.

btw the saves from a friend, is illegal, and requires cracking as it uses your key, not your friends, only way to do that is a 3dm cracker for saves, and trust me
so even if u got a 100% synched save from a friend used that... tool.. it wont show up as 100% anything, only in game and u wont have ur stuff ull have his/hers

mnemonic ive reported your behaviour to reps
just calm it down, senior members shouldnt be this, controlling, nor rude

as for whover said only the people effected either erased or messed with the game dir
THIS IS UNTRUE

ubi REPS even lost their saves (thats who u call at the call center)
what did happen was during the dlc launch they locked up the games (for me it was MP that lagged then crashed with ac4mp.exe error, when i restarted poof saves in sp were gone.
so no mate its not just messing with 3rd party etc blah blah

anyone wanting to add input of fight this and other games pm me.

im trying the right way first of just pooling all together to petition to the devs that this isnt ok, its not just 1 game its all ac games 2-4 thats 5 games that had this issue and others like (99% sync stuck on initates even though games dna says 100% etc)
then telling us to erase those saves and start over as well (ac3 for example)
no no

hit me up

and please senior members and reps, show some compassion people are hurt, in time, money ,and brain but worst of all the fear of ubi not caring about its consumers is REAL, they dont.
not one "we are sorry" from the devs since ac BH

hit me back, make fun of me or join me my first goal is to get HQ a list to the devs of all of us who have effected game (doesnt have to be just AC4 or even the ac series)
pm me mateys

Reported me for what? I was just suggesting to not respond to someone who is banned, mate.

The guy was an idiot and a troll. Go read his posts. Then you'll see why he was banned.

And a Senior member just means someone who has reached a certain number of posts, in this case, 500. It has no bearing or any sort of significance otherwise.

Do you think I work for Ubisoft or something? Because I don't. I'm a member, just like you.

FirstMarDiv
12-29-2013, 08:14 AM
The majority of people with this issue simply lost the data...as I did. No weird tampering with files, no cracks or other save games...just complete loss of about 8 hours of play (in my case). You're a little twit.

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Who are you talking to? Not me, because I never said anyone tampered with anything.

Smoke3723
12-29-2013, 10:34 AM
I had a 100% sync wiped for an hour, then it mysteriously reappeared. Not so much as an apology from Ubisoft.

Uranus888
12-29-2013, 05:18 PM

I'm sorry to contradict you, but this is not correct.

Although the used converting tool is, indeed, created by a so call Cracking scene group, it could perfectly also have been created by any person with enough knowledge to analyse the AC savegames files, for example, a game modder.

The tool only acts as interface to convert the files. To be able to use them, you will have to have both product keys: of the person who gave the files and of the target person who will use the new converted files. If you don't have the keys, you will get a "damaged savegame".
Why? Because AC savefiles are encrypted using the product key of the person who uses them. This is the reason why it is not possible to simply transfer/exchange savegame files like it is the case with so many other games (without breaking any legal aspects).

So, the resulting files are not "cracked" files but "converted" files using the legal product keys of both giver and taker which allows you to transfer the saves from one player to another. A small but considerable difference.

Actually, such tools should be provided by Ubisoft, specially when we see so many and serious problems such as users savegame files getting wiped out due to malfunction on Ubisoft side (cloud system). Such tools as well as SDK tools, etc. are totally normal in other games.

About the Sync issue, your information is also not correct. I just tested it with a friend.

Dellers
12-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Saves screwing up happens randomly in each and every game with only one automatic save slot. I miss the days when I could save as many times as I wanted and it was relatively easy to find the files and take a backup. Now it's one save, within a folder that says nothing about which game the saves are for. The folder name "437" doesn't exactly scream Black Flag. Skyrim is the last game I can remember with a decent save system.

Lumirel
12-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Disable cloud saving and you will be okay for now... I really dont get why Ubisoft did this... or let something like that happen without letting customers know...

Uranus888
12-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Saves screwing up happens randomly in each and every game with only one automatic save slot. I miss the days when I could save as many times as I wanted and it was relatively easy to find the files and take a backup. Now it's one save, within a folder that says nothing about which game the saves are for. The folder name "437" doesn't exactly scream Black Flag. Skyrim is the last game I can remember with a decent save system.

The answer to this is very simple: port from consoles saving system

Skupples
12-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Well, it seems you have all the answers to this games problem, which is "user error" so answer this Master of all thins AC:BF

I own the game THROUGH UPLAY ONLY. The game came with my Rampage IV Black Edition motherboard. I have now lost my save 3x times. I don't have a revert like these other people, the save literally breaks. I will be in the animus (for all of 3 seconds thanks to my epic pc) & right before it jumps into the game it just freezes. NO, it is not system overclock, as the same thing happens on 100% bone stock settings. Iv'ed tried defaulting cpu OC, GPU's OC, Memory OC's, & the problem still persists. The only thing that fixes is it is going to the save game location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\51765dde-c488-46e4-b20d-bd66ac215268\273) & reverting to the previous system backup, which then allows me to finally return to the game, just 12 hours prior progress.

I also have a game saved @ the intro, which still works every time this happens. So, please oh mighty wise one, how do I fix this? It's a 100% legit copy of the game, the game, & it's save location are stored in the native path..

System:

rampage black edition
32gb trident X @ 2400 CL 9
game saved to 1tb EVO SSD on newest firmware.
3x titans @ 1202/7ghz memory running 1080p surround
win 7 sp1 FULLY up to date
Nvidia WHQL 331.82

oh, I almost forgot to mention, it seems if you spend too much time farming Havana while the fat brit waits for you the game simply breaks. Iv'e tested it three times, as soon as I get to 5,000R the game just freezes, & the save is broken. On top of that, i'm lucky to get more than 10 minutes of play @ a time before the get an .exe failure, this has been replicated on bone stock settings, so I know it's not an unstable system issue.

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 09:40 PM
If you're talking to Questions, he's banned. Permanently. Talking to him is pointless.

However, the current solution for the saves is to turn off Cloud saving. It'll save your game locally instead of to the cloud. There is no other real way to get your other games back however.

To do this, go into Uplay, the cog wheel in the upper right hand corner and disable uploading to the Cloud.

It won't solve your problem, but it will prevent it from happening again.

strigoi1958
12-29-2013, 11:45 PM
@Kaldire

Mate I'm sorry you're upset but try to understand, even if you got the whole planet to sign a petition.... nothing can be done. The cloud was wiped for a reason and regardless what that reason was it is irreversible.. Unless you know anyone with power to turn back time it is gone sorry.
I enjoy my time playing and if I had to restart it didn't take away that pleasure.... it just meant restarting with a bit of advanced knowledge of what to expect.
It seems to have made a huge impact upon you for reasons I cannot see. I work in a hospital and every day see death and devastation to peoples lives.... I can understand THAT having an impact on people, but losing a game save in comparison is hardly worth getting any more than a rant and a little annoyed.
I feel your frustration but it's not the end of the world. Keep your chin up mate :)